• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Telluride: tons, big rubber, and a clean slate.

Yeah like Justin said, aside from the damned coils, the spools would have made the day a lot easier and faster. Wasn't a winch fest, but took cable on waterfall. Due to not making it. And exit because of no brakes.

Your coil issue is simply fixed with captured base and upper pigtail catcher and limit strap with sensible droop and a couple inches of unseating allowed...on the unseating note you obviouly do not need a foot of gap , but if you limit to keep completely seated you will have only...4...inches of droop since a typical 180lb rate coil on a 700lb sprung corner weight xj only yields 4 inches of compressed coil for droop...and you are unloaded at thay as well since coil is now completely un compressed so figure less than 4 inches with the goal of not unloading the coil ...that is the Math so the goal of low lift big tires and limiting to stay loaded is kind of put into reality and to have fair travel the compromise needs to be made unless going struts or coilovers.

Bummer! It turned out great, and you made it through Carnage with your body in tact!.

Are you planning to build something different (Buggyish)?

It got a bruise or two on carnage. But intact.

There is already a new project started. This jeep will either turn into funds or parts for that other build, selling the rest.

Major bummer...hate to see that jeep torn apart

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Why it's up for grabs.
If I do use the axles and wheels/tires. I'll put rollers under it and sell it complete to someone who wants to build it back up. Whole goal is to not strip it. I don't want to do that.

I think Carnage is just bad luck for people.... The last 3 people that I know of running it are now selling their rigs! A red dirt riot race truck wrangler that ran it with us is on CL, a blue bronco ran it the day before us is on CL, and now you.

Maybe everyone just builds buggies after running it.

Question about the build.....

I may have missed it, but I'm sure you re-geared your axles. Did you use 10.25 or 10.5 ring and pinion gears (rear)?

I'm about to do my 05 rear now and seem to find lots of 10.25 5:13 sets. Lots of gears listed 10.5 & 10.25 are the 10.25 set. I don't know if I'm seeing ant true 10.5 5:13s.

Axles were geared before my purchase so I'm not sure what was ordered. There is a lot of wish wash between the two axles and what's crosses part numbers.

Honestly carnage had nothing to do with it. If anything it reinforces my confidence in building a good rig. Was there some shortcomings? Sure. But it's a full body with a few scuffs in the paint that did pretty damn well.

It is entirely a friend of mines fault for showing me shit and making me spend money on new projects. Had THAT not happened. This rig would be getting more armor and a doubler.

I think Carnage is just bad luck for people.... The last 3 people that I know of running it are now selling their rigs! A red dirt riot race truck wrangler that ran it with us is on CL, a blue bronco ran it the day before us is on CL, and now you.

Maybe everyone just builds buggies after running it.

I'm fully keeping mine :D

Would yours be up for an Indy run on the 24th?

I'm fully keeping mine :D

Would yours be up for an Indy run on the 24th?

Not after my Carnage run earlier this year :gee: I'm out of trails until next spring.

Yet again, the day 2 Carnage run of the STF event took it's toll. Seized a crank bearing in the notch and had to get drug out again! Now I'm in the middle of a 4.8 LS, 4L80e, and 241 swap. No sense in rebuilding a 4.0, right? Plus I picked up a sterling 10.5 today to better match the wide SD front axle swap that was the result of last year's event. After all of this, I think I'm just about out of Jeep parts on my rig!

I'm not selling either, but damn, Carnage costs me LOTS of money! I swear I'm going to survive that damn trail next year.

Count me in for any trails next spring though.

Look for a built FF60 soon in the classifieds very soon.

Last edited:
Im liking the rig. I reccomend against spools. Detroits or grizzlys. I hate true tracs in a crawler. They are worthless

Back