• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project New Gen Comanche

I like that cowl induction esque hood, where do you get it? I'd like that for when I put in my Supercharged 454 bigblock. :D Seriously though, its a nice looking hood.

Then add Bushwackers.....

Did that just come out of your mouth..............
thblarg.gif

I guess I'm struggling with what to do about flares. That beautiful silver MJ has a combo of new/old and I hate that. I also don't really care for the stock older flares in the first place..... For what I'm building this MJ for, Bushwackers seem to be the better choice in my book - and I've always liked the way they look - had 'em on my '91 S-10 years ago too.

A set of 4 TJ rear flares would be another option, but I don't think they'll come down far enough on the rears to make 'em look right and I'm not putting on flares that get trimmed at the upper trim line..... not on this truck anyway.....

I'm going to be putting a lot of detail into this build..... not gonna order it with extra cheeze if you dig what I'm saying.

Pics on ComancheClub.com haven't revealed any other clean/creative flare solution either...... Kinda stuck where these are concerned.

I guess I'm struggling with what to do about flares. That beautiful silver MJ has a combo of new/old and I hate that. I also don't really care for the stock older flares in the first place..... For what I'm building this MJ for, Bushwackers seem to be the better choice in my book - and I've always liked the way they look - had 'em on my '91 S-10 years ago too.

A set of 4 TJ rear flares would be another option, but I don't think they'll come down far enough on the rears to make 'em look right and I'm not putting on flares that get trimmed at the upper trim line..... not on this truck anyway.....

I'm going to be putting a lot of detail into this build..... not gonna order it with extra cheeze if you dig what I'm saying.

Pics on ComancheClub.com haven't revealed any other clean/creative flare solution either...... Kinda stuck where these are concerned.

You could do this:
MJ3.JPG

(next picture taken a few years later)
MJ5.JPG

I'm going to be running the 2500 flares, I plan to cutup 2 sets of rear XJ2500 flares to make one set of MJ2500 flares.

You could do this:

I'm going to be running the 2500 flares, I plan to cutup 2 sets of rear XJ2500 flares to make one set of MJ2500 flares.

Can you elaborate? That post tells me nothing about "you could do this:"

What am I looking at? Looks like a proper '97+ flare on the rear and a nicely grafted set of '97 XJ tail lights........ but we all know the rear XJ flares don't fit an MJ........... What's been done there? :dunno:

he cut two flares up and grafted them together to make 1 rear flare.

Please tell me you're goig to keep the "sporTruck" logo, thats thing is bomb

Can you elaborate? That post tells me nothing about "you could do this:"

What am I looking at? Looks like a proper '97+ flare on the rear and a nicely grafted set of '97 XJ tail lights........ but we all know the rear XJ flares don't fit an MJ........... What's been done there? :dunno:

Sorry, I thought it was self explanitory, that's a stock MJ flare that's just been sanded down smooth, overall it matched the truck very well.

Back