• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project New Gen Comanche

Looking for:
-RE drop brackets, UCA's, LCA's, coils for 3-4" lift
-Shocks front and rear

....NO your so funny. Just because my replies are multi layer with different subjects mixed into it you have trouble translating now? ......you use to get me before?:D

Your quote above saying you needed UCA & LCA. I will translate my previous reply and simplify;

1.) You should use some of those beefy Flex joints from Ballistic Fab to make some killer LCA for your Comanche. Easy as pie!

2.) I have old links taking up space in my garage. Like to clear some of that stuff out but do not want to throw it away. I have a set already with the sleeve on one end to accept stock XJ/TJ bushings. All you need is to buy 7/8 tube ends along with those Flex joints.

3.) Hell it would take me an hour tops to fab up those arms just bring the joints over I will slap them up for you and you can have those links.

4.) Since you use Heims for everything on the Truggy I got these rod ends just hanging in the bin in the garage. Like to clear it out but don't want to toss them either. You got a use for them, do you want them?

5.) BTW the truggy is incredibly noisy, :listenmus I am giving you grief in jest, ha ha lets all laugh together, ha ha.

6.) Hey thanks for helping and giving me advice when you were busy those times.

Simplified? :gag: :cheers: :D

BTW This will be a nice COMANCHE project once completed!

Last edited:
LOL! Gawd yer a goob........ :D

Hey, if you wanna swing those joints/heim parts by sometime, I'll give ya C.P.S. credit - how's that? :thumbup:

LOL! Gawd yer a goob........ :D

Hey, if you wanna swing those joints/heim parts by sometime, I'll give ya C.P.S. credit - how's that? :thumbup:

Okay?..........still need a radio antenna electric and need a new glass for the drivers side door it is pretty scratched up?.............:D

.....I know you are but what am I?

No problem on the glass. I've yet to come across a working power antenna much less one that still has the mast in one piece. I'd be more than happy to set you up with the fixed antenna parts.

No problem on the glass. I've yet to come across a working power antenna much less one that still has the mast in one piece. I'd be more than happy to set you up with the fixed antenna parts.

I thought you had a powered antenna, but not fixed? .....fixed is fine. My powered went possessed so I cut the power to it, but it won't stay up now.

That glass in the red door was scratched pretty bad when we swapped it over, thought I could tolerate it, but it is driving me nuts now :rolleyes:

I found a new power antenna on the web for < $20. Why bother with used?

Fred

Yella & Crimson Thanks for the offers! I will get you back channel so I won't throw this poor thread too far off track! :D

Speaking of, in your pics of the motor swap the Comanche was missing you hide it somewhere?

Last edited:
Speaking off in your pics of the motor swap the Comanche was missing you hide it somewhere?

Nope, parked in the driveway - used the bed as temporary parts storage while the two engines were in limbo..... still has some junk piled in it. Doin' what a truck is best at! :thumbup:

Made some more progress with this project today.

Mike (in4aride) hooked me up with my favorite brand of off road tires in the 32" variety on the cheap! (They had to be 'cause I hauled my arse all the way up to Woody Park to get the damn things..... :D)

P1011944.jpg

Then later I got a call back from the owner of these accepting my offer so I brought 'em home as well.

P1011945.jpg

This weekend, I tore into the "seized" RE adjustable upper/lower CA's I got from one of FrankZ's buddies and they're no longer seized - just need to order replacement bushings for the ends.

Took a pair of JKS Quicker Disconnects in trade for some parts.

2 weeks ago, I picked up a set of RE drop brackets and some RE 9000's from a CO4x4 guy for a rediculous deal too.

Confirmed with my leaf spring manufacturer that they'll make me a prototype set of MJ rear leafs with the anti-wrap leaf so I can do some R&D on 'em with my rig........ :thumbup:

Now I gotta get rid of a couple more parts rigs and a couple "flipper" XJ's and I can get busy putting this thing together.

Hoping to find some 4.5" front coils and an RE HD track bar and bracket in the near future.

ha those wheels are gonna look good wrapped in those pro comps!!!!
glad i could get ya something you were lookin for!
let me know if you need an eye out for anything else...

Gawd........ I can't seem to stay with one preference here. Part of me wants to build this thing as a "new generation" XJ with the '97+ body/engine/interior updates and keep the '97+ stock bumpers with a Detours Backbone front bumper winch set up....... keep things clean, somewhat stock looking.

Truck264.jpg

Part of me wants to simply get a '96 Classic parts donor, swap in the Classic interior/dash, HO drivetrain and keep the front clip '96. Then add Bushwackers and my ProtoFab Rocksolid bumper/winch........

mjbushwacker.jpg

Fawkin' hell....... decisions, decisions.......... :looney:

I do know one thing I WILL be doing...... THIS hood:

p35727.jpg

Last edited:
However you decide to build it, I will be jealous,:bawl: Wish I could have kept the one I had, have to finish my Cherokee first.

curtain no. 1 FTW, monte.

Diggin the first one. I have never liked the Bushwackers.

Back