• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project New Gen Comanche

yeah the 2500 Front Clip would be so BA. One of a kind

Cool, yeah, but probably "fifty of a kind" given the size of the recent AlexParts 2500 group buys...

yeah the 2500 Front Clip would be so BA. One of a kind

Sorry brutha - I DO NOT share anyone's enthusiasm for that fugly 2500 front clip. If I wanted an XJ to look like a one-off ZJ....... I'd just go buy a ZJ.

You'll never see that done to any of my rigs. :puke:

Now, the 2500 interior installed in an XJ....... I could definitely dig that. :thumbup: They made some nice trim additions there.

Jeep2500-interior.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry brutha - I DO NOT share anyone's enthusiasm for that fugly 2500 front clip. If I wanted an XJ to look like a one-off ZJ....... I'd just go buy a ZJ.

You'll never see that done to any of my rigs. :puke:

Now, the 2500 interior installed in an XJ....... I could definitely dig that. :thumbup: They made some nice trim additions there.

It's just a '97+ dash, with '94- seats, a single DIN radio bezel, and '96- climate controls.

It's just a '97+ dash, with '94- seats, a single DIN radio bezel, and '96- climate controls.

For the most part, I suppose that's accurate. Did Jeep make two different radio bezels? I figured all the '97+ XJ bezels were considered "double din"..... :dunno: I'm also thinking that those door panel arm rests are different - the switch panel is flat, not on the up angle grab handle area.

A person probably could buy that stainless steel trim paint and re-create much of that same look. I wouldn't mind snatching up a rear seat with that fold down arm rest too.....

I think I'm heading the same route you are DJ....... I think my next XJ will need to be a clean Limited.

For the most part, I suppose that's accurate. Did Jeep make two different radio bezels? I figured all the '97+ XJ bezels were considered "double din"..... :dunno: I'm also thinking that those door panel arm rests are different - the switch panel is flat, not on the up angle grab handle area.

A person probably could buy that stainless steel trim paint and re-create much of that same look. I wouldn't mind snatching up a rear seat with that fold down arm rest too.....

I think I'm heading the same route you are DJ....... I think my next XJ will need to be a clean Limited.

They are all din and a half. Leave it up to DC to make a size that NO ONE makes an aftermarket piece for. That 2500 Bezel is exclusive to it. But it mounts the same. I remember the door panels now too that you mention it. Another 2500 exclusive part. DC sent Beijing Jeep all of the old '97+ molds, but they still had the older molds as well. So they basically took a little of both, and then made some of their own pieces to finish it all off.

As far as the Limited, you better buy now. They are starting to not exist anymore. And the ones that do pull a premium.

Sorry, I was exaggerating, didn't think anyone would hunt them down. Pyle makes one too. Neither are attractive or worth mention.

Easy there, don't be knockin my super-retro pioneer din.5!!:firedevil:D

Not much to report. Got it running and driving, but it's gonna fail the e-test because it's running rich and the exhaust is full of holes. So....... it sits for now.

I'm currently on the hunt for a '98 - '01 XJ that's been hard-hit in the rear so that I have a complete donor for the swap. Keeping an eye on Klode's auctions for now.

Once I sell this '00 flipper I have, I'll have the funds to snatch up the donor when I find it.

Parts/accessories I've got for it at this point:
-NP231 with SYE
-ProtoFab Rock Solid front winch bumper
-HP D30 w/4:56's, Rock Crusher diff cover and a locker
-8.25 w/4:56's 29 spline, Crane diff cover
-One-off BIGoffroad MJ leaf packs (on order). Basically an SOA set up with our Military wrap, but no substantial lift over stock leafs.
-Set of orig. alloy wheels from a '99 Classic (can't remember what they're called, charcoal with machined lip, ribbed 5-spoke) might or might not use these....
-Heims, bungs, tube for OTK steering

Looking for:
-RE drop brackets, UCA's, LCA's, coils for 3-4" lift
-Shocks front and rear

Last edited:
-Heims, bungs, tube for OTK steering

-RE drop brackets, UCA's, LCA's, coils for 3-4" lift

:twak: ..........thats why the truggy is so dang noisy now, your use of HEIMS everywhere! (Even though you are listing the Rod Ends for steering use I would use normal TRE for steering. I hated my steering with rod ends and wished at the time I could have gone backwards but I drilled out the knuckles, then sold the CJ so I don't care anymore.:D)

USE THESE
for your control arms; (quote from their website) 100% made in the USA, this joint was manufactured and designed for military use and quality, and meets all MIL-SPEC standards. Forged from solid 4140 steel, the forging is then quenched, tempered and then normalized in a dedicated heat treating facility, providing a yield strength of 208,000 psi and a tensile strength of 238,000 psi! DAMN! ( I think my 5/8 ball 3/4 shank rods ends I used for suspension links were only rated at 35,000psi.)

$40 a pop and they are rebuildable like the RE Flex joint.......and less noisy :wierd:

I have some 1.5 1/4 (.250) tub laying around from my old CJ coilover setup Get them in 7/8 shank and some 7/8 tube ends for 1.5 OD 1 ID (.250 or 1/4 wall) and build some adjustable arms yourself, CHEAP & STRONG! :thumbup:

Heck.......buy the joints and give them to me and I can build them for you! (That way I do not have to wear earmuffs if I am wheeling with you and that thing. :moon:)

.......if you insist on using heims what size you looking for? I have a bunch of 3/4 ball 3/4 shank laying around collecting dust you could just have. I even have an unwelded tube end 3/4 for 1.5 OD 1 ID (.250 or 1/4 wall)

Last edited:
That thing looks brand spankin new!!

Sounds like its still a work in progress but still sounds fun to work on!

Last edited:
MY use of heims????? I didn't build the damn thing........ :twak:

I'm not looking for any heims..... I already have 'em...... pay attention. :twak:

How'd you get the Truggy mixed into this thread anyway? Your A.D.D. is showing........

But yeah, I'll be buying those Ballistic joints for the Truggy.

One more...... :twak: (Just because you're you.)

MY use of heims????? I didn't build the damn thing........ :twak:

I'm not looking for any heims..... I already have 'em...... pay attention. :twak:

How'd you get the Truggy mixed into this thread anyway? Your A.D.D. is showing........

But yeah, I'll be buying those Ballistic joints for the Truggy.

One more...... :twak: (Just because you're you.)

DANG! I offer you FREE rod ends & tube end for spares, FREE tube for control arms, and even offer to MAKE YOU new control arms for your Comanche project (which is what I was talking about) for all the help & advice you gave me in the past...................

...........and you whack me how many times? 3 ............I am taking my jacks and going HOME! ............I feel no love.

3 whacks back!

:twak::twak::twak:

:D

BTW you may not have made the truggy but you OWN it now!

Last edited:
LOL! You're bitchin' about the Truggy being noisy because of heims..... and then you offer to give me more of 'em - what, just to drive yourself even more nuts with the squeaking when we're on the trail together again? :D

Isn't that like complaining that I'm an angry drunk, then offering me more alcohol? :roflmao:

But hey, I don't wanna insult you...... I'll gladly accept all the free rod ends and tube ends if you'll sleep better an night! And I'll STILL give you all the help and advice you'd ever ask for! :thumbup:

You so funny!

:D

Last edited:
Back