• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project list before NacFest

Well, seeing as I gotta completely rebuild both the D44a and D30 in my ZJ, I want to do that first to make sure that my stuff is able to remove and press on all the necessary bearings. If I get that done without issue, there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to do it down at my place. Shop should be getting a lot more space available in the next few weeks so I'll keep you guys posted.

JoeShmo said:
You've gotta rebuild BOTH now.. what happened to the rear!?

1) The D44a is just a piece of junk anyway.

2) The front was making so much noise that it was covering up the lesser noise from the rear. :bawl:

I might just swap an 8.8 in, but I really was hoping to not have to get into that kinda stuff on this vehicle...

Ok got the LCa's on replaced the U-joints and the bearings. Plus put on the 33's

Copper STT's I've got a family discount, they won't be as good as the TSL's off road but they're sure a lot better on road. I drove home In fridays snow storm and they were great, if I had the TSL's on I would have been driving with the right sides on the shoulder just to get some traction.

I had a set of the older stt's for a while, between myself and the guy I sold 'em too I think we put about 60k on them,,,a lot like BFG's maybe just a little weaker sidewall, , but I never had trouble with them.

GOD I hope they aren't weaker then BFG's. They are only 3 ply like the BFGs but one of them is kevlar :dunno: I'm told that's suppose to make a big difference. I know I've given up a little off road for on road but I plan on using the XJ to pull my pop-up camper and putting more over the road miles on it so I opted for the these. It's been real good on road so far at least compared to the TSL's which by the way I still think is one of the best tires made.

Came home to this today!

box.jpg

Although there was a slight error when i opened the box, all was well.. shafts and joints are here! I ordered them with the intent of having them pre-assembled, and my sales guy did as well, however apparently he didnt do it the right way.. however i cant blame him, he is a relatively new guy there and they gave me an INSANE price anyway. So onto the D30 Turd-Polishing:

shafts.jpg

joints.jpg

I've heard the super-joints are a pain in the ass to get together, i guess we'll see if i get time tomorrow afternoon after work. I'd rather have them done than try and do it the day they are going in, the way my luck usually runs one would crack in half or something.

Last edited:
Gabe, as far as the Coopers go, the newer stt's are different than the old ones, the set I had did not have a kevlar layer in the sidewall, but that made them easier to stitch and plug anyway ;-)

Art Triggs said:
Gabe, as far as the Coopers go, the newer stt's are different than the old ones, the set I had did not have a kevlar layer in the sidewall, but that made them easier to stitch and plug anyway ;-)
Don't know that your making me feel any better about my decision here Art. Well I'll carry a TSL for spare maybe that will make me feel a little better about rocks.

Progress today...

Some parts have arrived for me too:

47b7dd00b3127cce9854865e23e200000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

And I mounted my CO2 tank in the back finally:

47b7dd00b3127cce98548651a2dd00000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

47b7dd00b3127cce9854865023ec00000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

And put the shocks on the rear of the new project:

47b7dd00b3127cce98548655a2d900000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

lobsterdmb said:
Progress today...

Some parts have arrived for me too:
And I mounted my CO2 tank in the back finally:
And put the shocks on the rear of the new project:
Both rigs look like they're coming along nicely.

So far I managed to get the interior b-pillar hoop/harness bar in, installed the drivers seat and harness, and started the passengers harness install.

I sent the Yukon Chromo I cracked/twisted the splines back to them, but I still haven't gotten my money back. They told me that they have to test the hardness to try and figure out why it happened. Supposedly it should have been pretty near indestructible with only a limited slip and 33's... I guess they've had one entire batch of shafts that was bad and mine might have been from that batch.

nhrocker said:
So far I managed to get the interior b-pillar hoop/harness bar in, installed the drivers seat and harness, and started the passengers harness install.
you forgot to add that you finally got you pass side doors to seal up again sunday:D

as far as my rig goes, ups has made lots of trips to my house, heres the list of parts i got
4.5" coils
4.5" shocks
adj trackbar and drop bracket
drop pitman arm
upper and lower adj control arms
PORC SYE
JKS Quicker Disconects

also traded my old Grand Wagoneer for 4 brand new 15x8 AR steelies, brand new re rear brake line, and brand new tomken skid plate

got a set of frt re 2.5" Yj lines free from a friend

things i still need to do/get
3" BDS leaf springs
2 frt driveshafts
replace floor
replace motor
swap in axles with 4.10's
get 33's
lockers

ill have somthin together for nac fest

Look what followed me home today:
47b7dd06b3127cce9854865ff16b00000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

47b7dd06b3127cce9854865c705800000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

For fun, what they would look like on the new project (even though its not getting them):
47b7dd06b3127cce9854865df16900000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

Maybe the F250:
47b7dd06b3127cce9854865a705e00000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

party1: :party:

Looks good!! I just got the MJ back from Fullcircle 4x4, Axles set up with 4.56's, front ARB in the D30 and rear Lock Right in the 44. The 33" Trxus MT's are all mounted up in a nice neat stack in the shed, to be put on once the MJ gets lifted. I should be able to start the lift very soon. MAybe even this evening.

A.

Looking nice John! My only status update is that I've got the Chromoly Shafts and Joints all assembled and ready to go, nothing more.

Nice tires John, and I can't wait to see the MJ Andy!

Only new progress with mine is I changed the oil and got a new down pipe and cat.

unfortunatly i cannot attent NacFest because i graduate like on the first day and i dont really wanna miss what i went to school for 12+ yrs for but i do have a to-do list i would like to have done by then
1. rob a bank to fun this project
2. quick disconnects
3.re-gear since i have 5.5" lift and 33's and stock gears
4. possibly ditch the rear 35 replace w/ 8.8 rather then regear then have it break
5.install rear and front bumper i have sitting in my garage

zachxj01 said:
unfortunatly i cannot attent NacFest because i graduate like on the first day and i dont really wanna miss what i went to school for 12+ yrs for but i do have a to-do list i would like to have done by then
1. rob a bank to fun this project
2. quick disconnects
3.re-gear since i have 5.5" lift and 33's and stock gears
4. possibly ditch the rear 35 replace w/ 8.8 rather then regear then have it break
5.install rear and front bumper i have sitting in my garage

you could come down on friday or sat if you want.... you don't have to be there all 4 days to come.

Back