• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project list before NacFest

lobsterdmb said:
I still have a whole new jeep to build...

Good, at least I'm not the only one building one Jeep and fixing another.

--Matt

Time to put up my list, I suppose:

1. Get carpet out, dry pad and deal with floor pan issues (assuming I find any)
2. Headliner recover
3. Remove rear sway bar
4. Clean fuel injectors (just waiting on the kit to arrive in the mail)
5. Get upper hinge on LF door rewelded
6. Replace Duct Tape on RR lower quarter panel (temporary hole coverer)

Rob

Rob Mayercik said:
Time to put up my list, I suppose:

1. Get carpet out, dry pad and deal with floor pan issues (assuming I find any)
2. Headliner recover
3. Remove rear sway bar
4. Clean fuel injectors (just waiting on the kit to arrive in the mail)
5. Get upper hinge on LF door rewelded
6. Replace Duct Tape on RR lower quarter panel (temporary hole coverer)

Rob
Get some better tires

gabe4 said:
Get some better tires

What, ditching the rear swaybar and airing down some more wouldn't help (thinking about trying 15 next time - the Toyos do seem to have stiff sidewalls)? :D

I have been thinking about some trail-only tires (probably a set of MTs from Hi-Tec on steelies to keep the price down), but the other stuff on my list is a little higher on the priority list right now (particularly saving my floor pan). One big issue with laying in a new set of treads is where the heck to put them when not in use - won't fit in the garage, don't have a shed.

Of course, I now have to add a #7: install/wire power mirrors. This because the local car wash ate my RS one over this past weekend(that, and the fact that the dummy at the entrance to the drive-through part thought that my mirrors could be folded). I have a DS electric one left over from the green doors I installed/had installed, and now the car wash is subsidizing my getting the other one. Of course, since I don't have the factory wiring, I'll have to source a switch, and a couple of connectors, which shouldn't be a problem...

Rob

P.S. Speaking of tires, I still have my two Wal-Mart Liberators (P225-75R15, unmounted) from NACFest 2005 taking up garage space - anyone need some stock rubber?

1. Build the MJ (almost have all the parts, just need shocks and rear driveshaft once I lift and measure how long they need to be)
2. Move the trackbar above axle on XJ.

I think we'll have two Jeeps attending this year also. Leah and Melissa may have to set up a Ladies Trail Ride.

A.

Sounds like a plan! Maybe we can get Patty, Gabe's wife in her TJ to join us! :)

Silly boys, jeeps are for girls!

I'm sure Patty would wheel the TJ but Nathan will want to ride in the XJ, h's been brought up right

nhrocker said:
Assuming? I'd plan on it...;)

That's what worries me. On the other hand, when I peeled up the RF footwell area, I saw only the beginnings of some bubbling - maybe I'll get lucky (a guy can hope, can't he?)

nhrocker said:

My headliner is separating - I've been meaning to order a kit and redo it. Fortunately, it's not coming down far enough that it's interfering with me, so it's not mission-critical yet.

nhrocker said:
Sounds like a good reason to cut/fold your rear quarter panels...:D

That thought has also crossed my mind, but seeing as I still have stock bumpers, wouldn't that look a little odd in the back?

I'm still undecided on the cut-and-fold bit - it looks like even I could manage to not screw it up if I'm careful, but I haven't totally decided yet whether I like the look or not on a truck that's still almost completely bone-stock.

Rob

Rob Mayercik said:
I'm still undecided on the cut-and-fold bit - it looks like even I could manage to not screw it up if I'm careful, but I haven't totally decided yet whether I like the look or not on a truck that's still almost completely bone-stock.

Rob

I think that could be an excuse to get some aftermarket bumpers and some bigger tires!

Well, everything parts wise i need has arrived with the exception of the front shafts, which will be here bright and early on monday morning, according to UPS. Heres a few shots of the goodies i've got lined up.

gearscarriers.JPG

100_2547.JPG

steeringftw.JPG

Rob Mayercik said:
That's what worries me. On the other hand, when I peeled up the RF footwell area, I saw only the beginnings of some bubbling - maybe I'll get lucky (a guy can hope, can't he?)

My headliner is separating - I've been meaning to order a kit and redo it. Fortunately, it's not coming down far enough that it's interfering with me, so it's not mission-critical yet.

That thought has also crossed my mind, but seeing as I still have stock bumpers, wouldn't that look a little odd in the back?

Rob

If the paint has bubbles in it , there will most likely be rust there, a wire brush to break up the bubble gently will keep you from blowing a hole thru the rust if you dont want a drain in your floor there, making patches is the easy part.

If you have rust on the quarter panels that has left holes, you may as well "cut and fold" just cut it away and be done with it, seal it up real good and you are set. it might not be pretty , but you will have one less body panel to worry about denting up ;-)

Rob Mayercik said:
In most cases, I didn't like the cut and fold look like most guys do. I didn't like how it leaves the filler hose area visible and I think it looks weird when the bumper hangs way down in comparison. So I did my own version. I folded it about half way up to the body line most people go to.
You can see it here: (click pic for larger...)

You can see how it sits just above the bottom of the doors so the body lines still look pretty good, and it's just higher than my bumper, so for the most part the bumper hits before the quarter panel. I did the cut/fold/bigger flares for the rear wheel wells while I was at it...

JoeShmo said:
Well, everything parts wise i need has arrived with the exception of the front shafts, which will be here bright and early on monday morning, according to UPS. Heres a few shots of the goodies i've got lined up.

Damn dude! :roll:

My project list.....well.....most of you know about my pile of junk... :D

vetteboy said:
Damn dude! :roll:

Meh, I wasnt gonna do shafts at the same time, but he honored the price he gave me back in December, which was $100 cheaper than his current price and over $200 cheaper than Randys R&P, so I HAD to ;) So as of monday we'll have:

Yukon 4.88's F/R
Yukon Installs
Open Carriers (keeping the aussie in the back and leaving the front for now)
Yukon Chromo's w/ Super-Joints
AJ's Super-Rails
JCR 1-Ton Steering

Only thing left to do will be small stuff, removing the trim, fixing the mouting of the 'wackers, etc.

nhrocker said:
In most cases, I didn't like the cut and fold look like most guys do. I didn't like how it leaves the filler hose area visible and I think it looks weird when the bumper hangs way down in comparison. So I did my own version. I folded it about half way up to the body line most people go to.
You can see it here: (click pic for larger...)

You can see how it sits just above the bottom of the doors so the body lines still look pretty good, and it's just higher than my bumper, so for the most part the bumper hits before the quarter panel. I did the cut/fold/bigger flares for the rear wheel wells while I was at it...

Thanks for the tip on the floorpan - I'll go gentle when I get the carpet out.

This higher fold is interesting, but I'm uncertain how far up the rust is coming right now - I haven't really poked around much yet. You're giving me ideas, though, and that can't be a good thing.

Rob

My gears will be here on monday as well and the tires will be here the end of next week.
I got:
Alloy USA D30 4.56 gears and install kit
Yukon C8.25 4.56 and install Kit.
Yukon Dana 30 open Carrier (I am keeping the aussie in the front and no-slip in the rear)
34x10.5x15 LTB's

:rof:

lobsterdmb said:
My gears will be here on monday as well and the tires will be here the end of next week.
I got:
Alloy USA D30 4.56 gears and install kit
Yukon C8.25 4.56 and install Kit.
Yukon Dana 30 open Carrier (I am keeping the aussie in the front and no-slip in the rear)
34x10.5x15 LTB's

:rof:

Nice.. so whens the party? :p

Back