• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: Freak of Nature

Well I'm still looking at doing the long arms and steering and hoping to start picking up parts soon. Gotta get the Jeep parts fund built up a little more.

I did run across one heck of a find on Craigslist the other day and just couldn't help but pick it up. Drove about an hour from home to pick up an ARB air locker for extremely dirt cheap. Gonna start saving up for 456 gears now as well.

Got to work on the Jeep a little this weekend. Didn't get much done but did get a rear storage box made. Couple little things left to do to it and get it bolted down and it's done. Think it will help keep things organized a little better.
he6upyqe.jpg

y3eja4ug.jpg

Yea I'm thinking it will come in handy. Gonna be a good place to mount my air tank for the oba.

Been fighting with the driver door today trying to get the door locks working. Having problems with the mechanical rod part of it. Seems like it's binding up somewhere. Anybody have any suggestions on this fix? This is the part I'm trying to get working.
ypuhema4.jpg

Hose everything inside of there down with breakfree clp
ive been using on my guns for years and I used it on my bound up locks and they are smooth now

I'm thinking that just using the key is what we are gonna have to do. I have even swapped the rods out with ones from junk yard and it didn't help any

Yea I can get it to work when it's not connected to the door panel. When I go and connect it and put for panel back on it seems like it ends up binding somewhere but I can't tell where

Well had to replace a tie rod end on Jeep today. Good thing was it was still under warranty.

Also decided to change up the exhaust. Ended up going with a Thrush welded muffler with a turn down. Old muffler was starting to fall apart.
agadudyp.jpg

More unexpected parts to replace... Hub seized to the rotor... Had a spare hub, bought a new rotor. Still can't get the old hub off. But locker installed!
rubasaze.jpg

That's actually the new t-case that's going in next weekend.

I've never had a rotor seize to the hub as bad as this one did

I've had some bad ones around here...

mac 'not just jeeps either' gyvr

Back