• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: Freak of Nature

This is as far as I got last night with the heater core. Got all the nuts off the heater plenum and can get it to wiggle around but just can't get it to come out. Will go at it again Saturday morning.
4uzeba8a.jpg

Well Jeep is all done and we have heat now. All in all the everything went well with the heater core replacement

Nice build, I had the same problem with my heater core on my '97 but a good flush fixed it. I was an idiot and drove it with lukewarm heat for a whole winter though. It's nice having heat that'll burn your feet if you want it to.

Didn't completely tear it out. Disconnected everything and just lowered steering wheel onto seat. Just pulled the passenger side back enough till I could squeeze the heater plenum out. was a lot easier then I thought it would be.

Well now that we have heat in the Jeep decided I better get started on the other things I wanted to do before WF. Won't get all of them but will get some done. Plus with working 6 days a week here lately it doesn't leave me much time on the weekends.

Last night we decided to swap out the rear axle for one with a limited slip in it. From the way it sounds this axle has made its way thru the naxja Midwest a little bit.
2ydyve5a.jpg

emanejyz.jpg

Tonight we are gonna tackle the job of making a pre-96 gas tank skid work on 2000. Plus we also need to fix the upper shackle bolt as well.

Well after this weekend at winter fest it was obvious that we needed a new track bar. Ended up picking up an IRO double sheer track bar off of Dan. Starting to think I want to upgrade my steering at the same time. Anybody have any suggestions as to what to look at?
7urynare.jpg

Yea I thought about that to. Want something better than stock but also be good for daily driving.

The ruffstuff y link kit I have is very stout. Not priced bad at all either, they do 20% off sales all the time too. I had someone weld mine because I questioned my welds.but if you can weld its probably the best bang for buck out there. They have a heim joint style kit also.

Yea I have looked at the ruff stuff steering kits as well. What size heim joint should I look for for the steering?

I don't remember what I had. I think 1/2" bolt. Search out home brew builds online. They sell a insert to put in the knuckle to make a straight hole and get rid of the taper. Or you can drill it out. I think to 5/8".

Back