• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Downward Spiral

yeah we want to see pics of hose clamps...:twak:

Bill's scared of photos.

I wanna be there when this thing starts for the first time again. Thankfully, I hold a piece of the puzzle and he must wait for me :firedevil

yeah we want to see pics of hose clamps...:twak:
Haha. I could arrange that but I figured it wasn't worth the bandwidth.
Bill's scared of photos.
Nope. I'm just more concerned with working on it than sitting on the computer uploading photos. :)
I wanna be there when this thing starts for the first time again. Thankfully, I hold a piece of the puzzle and he must wait for me :firedevil
Well... not exactly. I have a junky TPS that I hope it still sorta kinda works. IIRC, it'll let me idle and get that far. If I want to do anything beyond that I'll need to order a Mopar one or have you send me that one up.

Last edited:
I THINK I have a spare TPS for you. I finally found the damn thing, it was under one of the floor mats in the back seat of the XJ.

Flat blade terminals or round pin terminals?

I THINK I have a spare TPS for you. I finally found the damn thing, it was under one of the floor mats in the back seat of the XJ.

Flat blade terminals or round pin terminals?
That would be awesome.
Flat, the connector looks like this (quick photo I found):
TPS.jpg

Heck, drop it in the mail and I'll make sure to send you a check for the postage, the couple of bucks I already owe you, and your time. :thumbup:

I'm probably gonna be driving all over the place tomorrow evening, I can just head on up. I gotta grab that bench seat sometime before it gets in your way so much you throw it out :roflmao:

Might be kinda late though... I am not sure. I'll be heading southeast from work to drop stuff off for Carmelo and Ross, possibly east to drop stuff off for Mark (unless Carmelo/Ross will be able to bring stuff to him at some point), and I still have stuff for Travis sitting around too.

I'm probably gonna be driving all over the place tomorrow evening, I can just head on up. I gotta grab that bench seat sometime before it gets in your way so much you throw it out :roflmao:

Might be kinda late though... I am not sure. I'll be heading southeast from work to drop stuff off for Carmelo and Ross, possibly east to drop stuff off for Mark (unless Carmelo/Ross will be able to bring stuff to him at some point), and I still have stuff for Travis sitting around too.
Call me we can work out the details. You don't need to drive it all the way over here for a TPS!
The seat isn't in my way. It is hanging upside down buy some ratchet straps nice, safe, and dry in the shed. No worries there.

:doh: there goes my "in"

I still wanna be there for when it first starts again.

If you are you should take video.... B/C some may not believe it! :yelclap:

Nope, i dont believe you.
You don't have to. I know it does.
mine runs, yours dont, nuff said
Soon Rob, soon.
You didn't say it actually drives though
Mine will, soon.

I've been getting hounded by people for pictures. Some not even NAXJA members or users just people reading this thread. Interesting...

Anyway, not shots of the recent progress cause I was to busy working on it to pull out the camera. However here's the updates for last week.

I got the pass floor patch tacked up. It was as small as I could get it and still clear the link mount. The two holes/bolts are for adjustment. Only one gets used at a time. It doesn't leave much room for the passenger's legs, but hey those of you that know my gal know she'll fit just fine. :D

PassFloorPatchTacked.jpg

After welding up the patch I finished painting the interior. It was a lot more work to clean and prep than I thought it was going to be. Came out pretty good though I think. Most of the floor is Hammered Black finish. Only the foot wells got the same roll on bedliner that the rear and rockers got.

InteriorPainted.jpg

InteriorPainted_Front.jpg

PassFloorPatchCompleted.jpg

Here you can see the fuel system brackets. Probably overkill to dimple the filter mount, but hey it only took an extra 5min. ;)

InteriorPainted_Rear.jpg

Fuel cell, pump, regulator and filter mounted up.

FuelSystem_HalfDone.jpg

Got the fluid coolers mounted up for good. The one the left is the trans, on the right is the PS.

FluidCoolersMounted.jpg

Assembled the front axle everything minus the brake calipers. This also took much longer than I had expected. Everything went together fine but all the little things like new hub bearing races took up time. That and digging out the boxes of parts that had been buried in the shop. :laugh:

FrontAxleAssembled.jpg

The RCVs are a tight fit but clear just fine.

RCVTightFit.jpg

That’s all the pictures I have for now. The front axle is back underneath, control arms are on for good, PS system is done, trans lines have been ran and firesleeved, exhaust done and DEI wrapped, and some other things but you’ll have to use your imagination to see those. :D

Last edited:
Wow. Umm, yeah. I got about 8 seconds into that before closing it. Some of ya'll need to get off the computer and these weird videos once in awhile. :laugh:

Back on topic, looking in my FSM it looks like I won't be able to just swap the F21 15A fuse for the fuel relay/pump for the 7.5A I was planning on. Seems as though the circuit also feeds battery voltage to the A22 cavity in PCM. No big deal I guess I'll just put a fuse next to the pump.

Why would you put the tierods below the high steer arms?

Why would you put the tierods below the high steer arms?
Tire clearance.
Unfortunately with the backspacing on the H1s and the width of the PitBulls I am forced to put them under otherwise the rod end will make contact with the tire.

Tire clearance.
Unfortunately with the backspacing on the H1s and the width of the PitBulls I am forced to put them under otherwise the rod end will make contact with the tire.

Are you runing them stock? Your rear is 4 linked IIRC so interfering with the leafs is not an issue. I had to recenter mine to clear the rear.

Back