• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Cheapskate

He really does.

Recommendations on how to deal with this? It's not from the underside. Looks like the PO got it wet and it's just been working at the floor. I have no desire nor time to line the whole floor. I am putting the new interior in this Saturday, so I need to be able to address it this week.

20170402130557-efb7659c-xl.jpg

Clean it, hit it with POR 15, it won't rust further.

Yep - totally anaerobic, rust shouldn't return.

Lol - I was about to edit with EXACTLY that comment, DJ! :cheers:

Back on track! Got the interior gutted, exhaust is on and it passed emissions with flying colors (I was shocked). Also grabbed a BDS 4 Link off CL for $200, true story.

i.php
That sort-of reminds me of a place in Arvada, but not...

Recommendations on how to deal with this? It's not from the underside. Looks like the PO got it wet and it's just been working at the floor. I have no desire nor time to line the whole floor. I am putting the new interior in this Saturday, so I need to be able to address it this week.

20170402130557-efb7659c-xl.jpg

I buy this stuff at my local Home Depot: http://www.jasco-help.com/product/prep-primer

The process is proven, it is inexpensive, it has been working on my tank skid and trailer hitch since 2007...

DJ,

As someone who just replaced a floor pan...

Get an angle grinder and a wire wheel (the knotted kind, not the general wire brush type.

Go to town with it, removing ALL the rust you can remotely see.

Clean up all the dust, and give everything a good wipe down with something like xylene or mineral spirits.

From there, POR15 it, or at least some metal etching primer.

On top of that, find a color match type paint, and add that as an extra layer of protection.

You need a garage.

Don't I know it!

Jeep is coming along nicely.

Thanks! Some real nice deals in the last week have really helped to expedite my time table. Which is great because I wasted 6 weeks messing with the exhaust.

Yea working on the gravel looks miserable! Going to try to finish it for the Chinaman trip?

Chinaman's is a stretch, not likely. I would love to have it done by Slaughterhouse though. The guy I bought it from lives right next to the trail and wanted to see it when it's all put together.

DJ,

As someone who just replaced a floor pan...

Get an angle grinder and a wire wheel (the knotted kind, not the general wire brush type.

Go to town with it, removing ALL the rust you can remotely see.

Clean up all the dust, and give everything a good wipe down with something like xylene or mineral spirits.

From there, POR15 it, or at least some metal etching primer.

On top of that, find a color match type paint, and add that as an extra layer of protection.

I am not sure I have time for all of that this week. I may just have to clean it up a little, POR-15 it and revisit it later.

Admit it, you were jealous of my overhead console. It's ok, I'll let you join the club. :D

Yeah, I really lucked out there. I'm so glad Putzer trolls Auto Trader, because I never would've looked there. I mean seriously, who the hell still uses Auto Trader? That's like still having a phone booth on the sidewalk. Didn't those all go away in 1998?

Yeah, I really lucked out there. I'm so glad Putzer trolls Auto Trader, because I never would've looked there. I mean seriously, who the hell still uses Auto Trader? That's like still having a phone booth on the sidewalk. Didn't those all go away in 1998?

No joke, havent used autotrader since high school. Figured with CL who the hell would pay to post an ad.

Nice looking project Kittrell. Still beats my pile.....

Back