• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Cheapskate

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Well I am back in the game. Snagged this '99 on Craigslist today in Bailey. The guy bought this for his kid back in October from a buddy. Kid decided to start lifting it but could not afford to do it right. Got in over his head and with commuting from Bailey to Golden every day for Warren Tech dad said it was time to find a little Honda. They had it at $2,500 with some interest but they were selling it as a tow away due to having death wobble. Then the kid backed it into a poll and they dropped it to $1,000. The damage was limited to the bumper but it pushed into the hatch which is now "stuck". Pull off the bumper and bang out the dent and it will be good as new. Has 249k on the ticker, runs well enough for it's road time, does not overheat but looks like it has a bucket of stop leak in it. I always upgrade the cooling system so no big deal there. Engine idles fine, transmission is smooth, 231 is smooth. It was used as a work vehicle for a painter for about 8 years so the interior leaves a bit to be desired. I will likely replace most of it. Plan is 3" and 33"s with Flat Flares. The theme for this build is cheap as possible but still done right. It currently has Pro Comp 4.5 coils, 4" blocks, chevy shackles, RE 1600 track bar and no other parts lift parts. Riding on probably 40% tread 31" Baja Claws. Likely going to lower it back to stock and start over.

i.php

WOW! That tow truck made it before dark!

I know where there is a 2001 with (I think), a gray interior.

WOW! That tow truck made it before dark!

I know where there is a 2001 with (I think), a gray interior.
Then again, I know of a guy with a parts Jeep, sitting on a trailer...

Too many doors. Fail.

j/k

Have fun with it!

You really stooped on this one! The HOA is gonna proclaim it an eyesore and blacklist you for the next century! :twak:

OK, that was sarcasm. Do you have any brand preference for the lift?

OK, that was sarcasm. Do you have any brand preference for the lift?

I am still not 100% yet. I do have some ideas, it will likely be pieced together. The only off the shelf 3" lifts are either junk or absurdly priced. The springs/coils/shocks will be new. I will try my best to find a good deal on used adjustable uppers and lowers.

I have a tan center console and some of the dash pieces if you need.

Thank you for the offer, I think I have the interior sorted. But I will let you know if that changes.

TNT Customs has some fresh made sliders, belly pans, y link arms, and stiffeners on the shelf ready to go.

Hey as long as they're like 75% off sure! :D

The coils should be easy, as they're cheap enough new to grab a set.

Leafs, maybe try to find a settled 4.5" pack?

Otherwise, you could see about doing some 2" leafs, and do a shackle relocation bracket with a slightly longer shackle to gain the extra bit.

I am still not 100% yet. I do have some ideas, it will likely be pieced together. The only off the shelf 3" lifts are either junk or absurdly priced. The springs/coils/shocks will be new. I will try my best to find a good deal on used adjustable uppers and lowers.
Fred has some adjustable control arms available. I told a bud about them, but he tends to procrastinate. I think Fred prefers cash. :)

I would pull the blocks and add another stock long leaf. If you need to drop the front a bit to match, just trim down the coils.

You need to come up and take a polisher to it to see what you can do with the paint and then use my steam cleaner on the carpets and seats.

Back