• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Cheapskate

Just scored a Flowmaster 2200124 cat on Ebay for $37 shipped!

i.php

As a note, if you need adjustable control arms...

You buy the materials and figure out a length, and I can weld :D

I may have to take you up on that if nothing good comes along.

Last edited:
RE lowers, and JKS uppers. Rubber bushings for the links. Just waiting for you to paint.

And some Bilstein shocks for 3.5". They do need bushings, but other than that, I doubt they have 20k miles on them.

As a note, if you need adjustable control arms...

You buy the materials and figure out a length, and I can weld :D

Tube adapters square tube and budget joints would be pennies...and.way better than stock arms or any budget arm .

Hey my control arm bung welds held up to full weight drops on Jersey walls with a 6,000 lb Jeep...and I did not have to chase my theeads with a tap after welding ...LOL...I really had to be patient welding those tube adapters not using nuclear settings and letting cool between passes and I made 5 passes each side each arm ...overkill much ?

Mission accomplished. This actually took quite a bit of effort. With the bumper pushed so far in on the drivers side there was almost no room to get at the top bracket bolt. Zero damage to the body/hatch like I thought, so good news there.

20170219145923-d55f7c76-xl.jpg

20170219145918-834c0866-xl.jpg

I did find this little gem though. I have no intention nor desire to cut and fold, so this will need to be patched.

20170219150317-2892bea0-xl.jpg

20170219145926-76799308-xl.jpg

Sweet, I'll practice on yours first! :D

The inside panel is OK?

BUT! It's... not...PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I looked at that set. $160 and everything is bent and/or missing paint, pass. I already own a dented bumper, I would go for it if they dropped $100 off the price. Good lookin' out though..............:thumbup:

Make him an offer ya 'tard. Either $20 for the rear bumper only - that dented end won't be visible under the end cap and if it bothers you that bad, smack it with a rubber mallet a couple times and it'll be straight. Or offer $60 for everything and swing by a dumpster with the stuff you don't want. Either way, you end up with the bumper you need for cheap.

Back