• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please share photos of your cargo area.

It's not much, but it's progress.

Graduated from a milk crate (secured with a bungee cord) to a Raingler barrier net and a couple 8-gallon Action Packers:

cargo1.jpg

Just a temporary setup until I finish building my box (will be documenting the full build)... Just figuring out the internal arrangement/compartmentalization now.

Which Raingler net is that?

Sunburned, I got a chuckle out of that one. So typical... I'm sure we can ALL relate.

My latest:

img1033g.jpg

Locking ABS plastic, full size drawer with internal dividers. Fills up the trunk with room on top for more ... stuff. I love Craigs List! :D

Sunburned, I got a chuckle out of that one. So typical... I'm sure we can ALL relate.

Yeah, I think I had over half the tools out of my toolbag for one reason or another, plus about 20 different jumper wires, a few types of connectors, 3 trailer wiring harnesses and 6 LED lamps with pigtails. It was a challenge to say the least, and I hate wiring to begin with.

Lowrange, I was putting in the JCR rear quarter panels with built in lights. Got the LED's and pigtails from superbrightleds.com

Here is my cargo area.
100_2561.jpg

100_2562.jpg

100_2564.jpg

1800W inverter and 12V outlet.
100_2565.jpg

100_2572.jpg

I want to thank every one who's contributed to this thread. I've moved my fire extinguisher under the seat in place of the stock bottle jack and will get some grade eight hardware to anchor the hi-lift tomorrow.

Lots of work to do, but thanks for the great ideas!

I want to thank every one who's contributed to this thread. I've moved my fire extinguisher under the seat in place of the stock bottle jack and will get some grade eight hardware to anchor the hi-lift tomorrow.

Lots of work to do, but thanks for the great ideas!

how you supposed to reach the extinguisher quickly when needed if its under the seat?

To all of those who've commented on carrying too much stuff, in 1 trip in my fsj, I changed out a tranny, t-case, reseated a bead, broke rear drive shaft, punched hole in gastank, and broke a tranny mount. If you have a spare, it's good to have it with you. Just bought my xj, so I'll post picks when I get around to the cargo area.

I like it, Nice, Clean and functional.. I would only change the front of the drawers to black or diamond plate..
Have you seen that rubber or vinyl black diamond plate looking flooring.....I haven't seen it in real life but from a few photos I've seen it might be useful on drawer faces etc. I am going to look for it at Lowes or Home Dee Pot.
:D

how you supposed to reach the extinguisher quickly when needed if its under the seat?
True, it's not exactly "on board fire suppression." I figure if my my Jeep's:flame:
you've got me covered, and if your Jeep is :flame: - I can get my ten pounder PDQ and do my best for you.

It worried me putting it out of sight as much as letting it bang around in the back, so I stickered the location rather obsessively:

SSCN0383.jpg
docchaynes
SSCN0383.jpg

FEstowage.jpg
docchaynes
FEstowage.jpg

From the suggestions in the thread, I bought a rubber "diamond plate" tailgate protector and cut it to fit the cubby and the spare wheel to house my tow straps, jumper cables, and such. I bolted the Hi-Lift through the fenders instead of the silly rubber straps I was using before. I think this is the first time in my life I've used fender washers on an actual fender!
cargoarea.jpg
docchaynes

cargoarea.jpg

Hey, again, I appreciate all the insight. I know it's just a DD, but I'm glad to have the experience of this forum to get it set up better!

Last edited:
Back