• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please share photos of your cargo area.

Example: the top of my truckvault to the back hatch is 33" and the top of the back of the seat to the back hatch is 29". A 33" inch solid container will not slip through a 29" hole.

Unless the latches that hold the seat back in place were to break...

But then again, the bolts and screws that hold things to the floor could go too.

The risks we live with!

*public service announcement* Please stop quoting the entire post including all 25 pictures when you reply.

I've been thinking about using YJ or TJ hood latches as tie-downs for a cargo box, mounted upside down so the working portion of the latch is on the box. Anybody tried something similar?

Unless the latches that hold the seat back in place were to break...

Yeah, I addressed that in my post....

"the box can't possibly break loose, unless the seat comes unhooked. And I am not too worried about that either, becuase, if you've ever tried to lay down the back seat with the cushions down, it only moves an inch or 2 at best."

Got bored today and went from this. . . . .

here's mine. Picked up a medic. box at the army surplus for $100. 10 latches, all steel, and water-proof :D

not the best looking but works great.

wbevcz.jpg

29c6rg6.jpg

To this . . .

20abehc.jpg

Pics from when I first built mine. I wanted to add a place to put the Viair and Tank. It's bolted through the floor, the fire ext is on one side with a Flashlight mounted on the other.
Plenty of room inside for parts, oil, Straps, tools that don't fit in the small tool box. With the tool box I wanted to be able to pull it out when I needed without lifting the lid.

It's been in for a couple of years now and the MDF is starting to show wear, looking at some of the pics here I may have to rebuild soon.

101_1664.jpg

100_1682.jpg

100_1685.jpg

101_1669.jpg

101_1671.jpg

I also have straps going to the factor cargo mounts that I put on when wheeling, Just not sure how well the latches were going to hold in a roll over.

who makes those brake housings

You guys have some amazing setups, but wood? Is this an issue I mean you get it wet and it will be soaked with mud water for the next week?

I wish i had some pictues of my wheelin set up, ill get a pic on my DD deal tomorow.

Wood is fine... Seal it and paint it and carpet it and it will last a long time. Mine has thick rubber-backed carpet glued to it. I'm sure though that if you are getting your cargo box in the back of your Jeep wet while wheeleing, then the rest of your carpet would be wet and stinky as hell for the next week. The wooden box would be the last of my concerns I think if I got that deep in water seeing as both my amps are mounted in my cargo box.

I want to make a cargo drawer. the little ammo case alone weighs nearly 35 lbs with my tools crammed into it and it's a pain to dig all the tools out just to find the right one. So i think i will builds a cargo drawer instead.
anyone know any details sites with plans and dimensions?
5326677455_543d95b643_b.jpg
5326677315_d48c281b43_b.jpg

I incorporated a DS storage area into the front of mine, this can work with or without a rear seat. I cut the front of my box at an agnle as to match the rear seat angle.

See post #284 on this thread.

I actually plan to rebuild it almost identical accept I am going to have the parts water jet cut and then I will weld it together. This will be much lighter. and stronger and not have to worry about warping.

I'm wanting to know also...

Those photos were posted almost 2 years ago, and the OP hasn't been on the forum for almost 2 months. Maybe try sending him a PM?

I incorporated a DS storage area into the front of mine, this can work with or without a rear seat. I cut the front of my box at an agnle as to match the rear seat angle.

See post #284 on this thread.

I actually plan to rebuild it almost identical accept I am going to have the parts water jet cut and then I will weld it together. This will be much lighter. and stronger and not have to worry about warping.

Looks nice, but I'm not going to build a box to take up the entire cargo area.

Just looking for simple ideas for drive shafts and axle shafts...I have nothing behind the front seats other than cage tubes (and a tool bag, a small spares etc bag, and a fluids bag). Maybe a box just big enough to fit the shafts (that's right)?

Those mortar boxes aren't long enough...

It's not much, but it's progress.

Graduated from a milk crate (secured with a bungee cord) to a Raingler barrier net and a couple 8-gallon Action Packers:

cargo1.jpg

Just a temporary setup until I finish building my box (will be documenting the full build)... Just figuring out the internal arrangement/compartmentalization now.

Back