• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please share photos of your cargo area.

that pic with the solo baric box is awesome. Great job

Thank you!

I think it turned out pretty nice for my first attempt working with wood ( well, actually mdf) in a very long time, it was also my first carpeting job, it was difficlut for me because of all the corners, but it turned out pretty decent too.

I used Rustoleum Oil based Grey. it resist solvents and oils and seals the wood. I used plywood and planks to construct mine

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244847914&postcount=284

Looks good, would match my interior too. Definitely looking for something to seal the wood.

I like your idea of closed top drawers, but since mine was only 4" deep, I decided to use that extra inch or so of space above the drawer top. Mine is filled to the brim and will barely close. I wonder how close it is to the 100 lb limit of the sliders haha.

Next project back there is to find some good tie downs and a place to mount my CO2 tank that's sturdy enough without taking up too much cargo space. I had it where your fire extinguisher is, but I don't think it would quite fit there anymore with the flip up lid.

Next project back there is to find some good tie downs and a place to mount my CO2 tank that's sturdy enough without taking up too much cargo space. I had it where your fire extinguisher is, but I don't think it would quite fit there anymore with the flip up lid.

I've had good luck with these tie downs. I think I got them from MACS. They mount through the floor at multiple sites. The tie down loops are movable for flexibility. You can't mount any along the front, unless you drop your gas tank.
TieDowns007.jpg

new setup

5.jpg

6.jpg

I strapped my back pack (aka the bug out bag) which holds my first aid stuff, rope, sweater, hat, MRE's, US wool blankent all to the cage by to side straps on the back pack. My tool box is secured by an old seat belt screwed to the floor, and the hi lift is secured to the top of the cage by the hi lift brackets. Co2 is secured by 7" metal hose straps, shovel is secured by brackets used to secure fire tools in the cab of a fire truck. the spare just sits in there for now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

If I got rid of my subs, I'd have sooo much more room.... But Nehhh :music:

HiLift is attached to my rear bumper, spare on the roof rack (until my Detours Tailbone gets here), along with the bigger spare parts. I also have 2 big Husky tool bags and some industrial 5Gal. water jugs I throw in the back when I go somewhere.

(Pic doesn't show the ratchet straps holding everything down.)

198434_1971754256279_1315681924_2292176_8262891_n.jpg

Last edited:
Made this over the last couple of weeks.

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5031.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

IMG_5044.jpg

Made a table top for the drawer, it stores under the drawer as it is raised up slightly to clear the plastic around the tailgate latch.

IMG_5096.jpg

IMG_5097.jpg

Compressor is plumbed in and mounts behind the fridge in the angled section at the base of the rear seat, the outlet is just inside the tailgate. Works great :) The missle switch operates it. I hadn't connected up the hose in this pic but it runs behind the plastic in the rear so it's protected.

IMG_5062.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Just curious, but why do you guys hang/mount stuff over the right side window and block the view instead of on the left side when the spare isn't there?

Back