• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OT: Beer choices

IslanderOffRoad said:
I've heard of this place, perhaps we should do a M&G there?

would be nice but parking costs $$ :D they used to claim to have the most beers on tap in the south bay, but its been awhile i dont know if they still hold that title. the whole wall behind the bar is beer taps, they even have duff - homers favorite :roflmao: i think its just bud light tho lol

edit: its 777 beers, and over 80 on tap

The old schitck was 777 beers total with 77 on tap.

Parking is free for me ;)

(They're two blocks away from my house)

And yes, it si Naja's, it's on the International Boardwalk.

GrimmJeeper said:
well its less than 10 mins from me so count me in if we do it! im 100% all for it.

I dont mind paying for parking

LostCoastRaspberryBrown.jpg

I don't know if you can get this Lost Coast Brewery stuff in SoCal but all of it is some of the best micro brewery beer I have ever had. This Raspberry Brown is actually surprisingly good, most chicks that I know like it. Check out their other brews here http://www.lostcoast.com/ By the way it is located in Eureka, CA. I think that Humboldt County is also home to the highest quality microbreweries in the country. There is Lost Coast, Mad River, Eel River, Six Rivers, and Blue Lake Breweries. All of these are within a 30 mile radius and all make quality stuff. Very good place to live around if you are a beer drinker.

tgoff said:
LostCoastRaspberryBrown.jpg

I don't know if you can get this Lost Coast Brewery stuff in SoCal but all of it is some of the best micro brewery beer I have ever had. This Raspberry Brown is actually surprisingly good, most chicks that I know like it. Check out their other brews here http://www.lostcoast.com/ By the way it is located in Eureka, CA. I think that Humboldt County is also home to the highest quality microbreweries in the country. There is Lost Coast, Mad River, Eel River, Six Rivers, and Blue Lake Breweries. All of these are within a 30 mile radius and all make quality stuff. Very good place to live around if you are a beer drinker.

We do get lost coast down here, I've had Downtown Brown, Alley Cat and Great White

JohnX said:
Who makes sarsparilla with alcohol? Had it many times, and like it alot, but never heard of any with acohol in it.

The only time I have had it is from my uncle in-law....he brews it himself.....i think you can buy brew kits from 'The home brewery" in Riverside. it was pretty good.

BJ's Brewery (or Brewhouse) makes some pretty good beer too.....I go to the one is San Bernardino and get the Totonka stout....9.6% alc! Good stuff.

Last edited:
Have her try Franziskaner, it's a German beer made by monks that live on top of a mountain. It's very smooth and slightly sweet, very good drinking beer. Also Belgian blonde beer, very smooth and light drinking beer.

Make her a Radler, half lemon lime soda and half beer, a decent pilsner.

Mmmmm, refreshing!

dzraces said:
that doesnt sound good at all

Try it!, you may have to play with the proportions a little bit, I like mine with a little more beer than soda.

Good on a hot day. Might try it with a weissen instead of a pils.

I started my wife off with different wheat beers some with flavors, some with out... 10 years later... she is drinking IPA's and Stouts with me!!
It is a little work but you'll get her there...someday

:cheers: For you IPA lover try White Hawk that I get at Trader Joes .Its a nice hoppie brew and its 70 al content .Its from Mendocino Brewing out of Ukiah .I am off to BevMo to get some of the Arrogrant bastard to try .
I will have a mix of different at Big Bear.

:party: :party: Lion

Wow, so shitty recomendations... sweeter beer doesn't mean more coffee like.
learn your beer styles.
a traditional german Hefe'Weizen will be on the sweeter side. the Yeast is known for its banana and clove aroma's and even flavor. I have a recipe for a German Dunkel'Weizen that taste like a banana split. traditionally, there are very little hops used in the Weizen beers which leaves them on the sweet side.
Learn to brew. just about anything you brew in your kitchen will taste better than anything you buy in the store.
also try finding sourmash. a good apricot sourmash will be high in alcohol, sour and highly effervescent.

Rawbrown said:
Wow, so shitty recomendations... sweeter beer doesn't mean more coffee like.
learn your beer styles.
a traditional german Hefe'Weizen will be on the sweeter side. the Yeast is known for its banana and clove aroma's and even flavor. I have a recipe for a German Dunkel'Weizen that taste like a banana split. traditionally, there are very little hops used in the Weizen beers which leaves them on the sweet side.
Learn to brew. just about anything you brew in your kitchen will taste better than anything you buy in the store.
also try finding sourmash. a good apricot sourmash will be high in alcohol, sour and highly effervescent.
Thanks,
Some day I wana try brewing but at this point the budget for time and money both belong to the jeeps :(

Try Belview Krik, it is a cherry beer... corked, and aged in an oak barrel. Comes from Belgium. A friend of mine got me to try this and I kind of like it... now that he has pased on I have one every once in a while to remember him.

Its not as expensive as one might assume.
My local hombrew shop sells a basic BYO kit starting at about $130 I think.
I am now brewing hard cider in 3 gallon batches. did one at about 5% and it taste like apple juice. but you get buzzed off it. have a second batch brewing with a different type of juice which should be yummy. Learn to make mead, its more wine like.
Different types of beer are much easier to find when you make it yourself.
You can make a sweet beer with ease.

Back