• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ORS build. What a silly little jeep.

this thing is awesome.
ever thought about running oval pipe for the exhaust? could gain some more clearance from that. i think spintech sells it

this thing is awesome.
ever thought about running oval pipe for the exhaust? could gain some more clearance from that. i think spintech sells it

Thanks for all the props guys, they help keep me motivated for sure.

I thought about the oval tube for about two seconds. And then said eff it. It'll be fine without it.

Nothing really worth reporting. I have a lot more dents, the windshield got a nice big crater in it from a pine tree last week. I did fix my AC, which is soooo nice. I'm at almost 8K miles now since I bought it. And I think something like 3-4k on the Kenda's which are still doing great. I have been wheeling it once a week, sometimes more still without any failures except for one stock tie rod and that exhaust.

damn. I like the high frequency of wheeling trips. Jealous.

damn. I like the high frequency of wheeling trips. Jealous.

There is so much awesome wheeling here. I live 15 minutes from the Superlift OHV park which is one of the best private parks in the country. We're actually hosting an Ultra4 race in a week. Then there's tons of other awesome places around town that are fun too. I try to get out at least once a week on something even if it's just a mountain/logging road into the woods.

I ran oval exhaust tube. Not sure if it was worth it yet or not but there was no way to run 2" + tubing without it hanging down a bunch. I already tagged it though and need to replace a section. I ended up with a short glasspack and then stuffed a exhaust baffle in the tube right where the downpipe crosses the engine/tranny. Got rid of the drone and it sounds really good now, not overly annoying but a slight rumble.

Well it's still alive. Now sitting up about 4".

Body is pretty trashed. But the doors still open just fine.

I put a hole in the tcase a while back. A little two part apoxy and some sheet metal made for s permanent trail repair till this weekend. I broke something inside the 231. It's crunching. Although I was able to force it back into 2high with Ghey aid of a 36" prybar. It's now stuck there. So I have a clocking ring on order and grabbing a D300 on wednesday.

Never have gotten the axles swapped. Still running it open front, welded rear. Have a OTK steering setup with 1.5 dom

Rear shocks were moved up level with the axle tubes. Fronts I moved the lower shock mounts to the LCA mount and did away with the bar pind and stud. Have a 10" travel EB1 ended 225/75 5100 shocks up front. Added some tubular short arms as well.

Had to replace my steering box too. Got my old one soaking in the parts washer. I'll rebuild it and add hydro soon.

The Kenda tires are amazing. I have right at 18k miles on them. The rears have been on the back basically sincd new with the full spool. They are right at half tread. The fronts were doing better till I started having alignment issues before my steering upgrade. I wore them out. So I jumped on ebay and fir $130ea I got two new ones shipped to me. They aren't balanced and still drive perfect. Off road they stick as well as a sticky krawler and better than a blue label crawler or any TSL, Toyo. My buddies run. There's a slick slab we have here that is so slick and steep you can't even walk up it. My jeep climbs right up no problem everytime. My buddies with those other tires have to get running starts and heat up their tires to get up. They also have lockers front and rear. Only thing that compares is the comp compounds.

s5eh.jpg

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/nls5ehj][/URL]

Last edited:
id love to see how you do flip the 300

Got a late start due to some customers this morning. So I'm not as far along as I'd like to be.

This case I got just happened to have a nice support mount built onto it. So I figured I'd put it to use rather than cut it off. I started by making a floor plate. This turned into a bit of a nightmare. I knocked a flat section in the floor which stretched the sheet metal, making it thin. So after struggling to keep it hole free. I ended up using some 20ga to back it inside andthen weld it up. There are also a few plug welds. I'm not too happy with how it looks under there. But sadly I'm in too much of a hurry to worry about it.

You can see I was able to clearance the floor enough to get the belly nice and flat too. I'll be building a nice flat belly skid for it tomorrow, I hope.

Nice clear shot to the shifters. They should be easy to squeeze in.

wait wait wait what...

I foresee a lot of trans tunnel cracking in your future. Interesting idea, though.

Maybe. But probably not. It's just a secondary mount. It will not at all be holding all the weight. I'm more hoping it will stabilize the case better and keep it from rubbing the floor since there is only about 1/4-3/8" of clearance. I'm going to be adding a poly transmission mount and new motor mounts to actually support and hold the drivetrain

Guess I should have been more clear about that.

Last edited:
Started with sealing things up this morning. Cut down some 9/16 fine thread studs I had. They had a nice beveled edge, so I cut them down to clear the shift rails.

Then I got some double lip seals for the shift rails. The little plate that mounts over the stock seals has an indention to fit an extra in each side.

Here it all is in place.

Then started on the skid. This isn't going to be finished till I redo my exhaust. But this is the start.

You can see I still need to trim the back up. I'll have a ramp piece that will bolt onto that plate too.

What did you do to weld the plates to the center section? Stick welded with high nickel rod? Any pre/post heating?

Also, what size steel plate did you use for it?

Back