• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ORS build. What a silly little jeep.

I love this build.

I wouldn't mind seeing closer pics of this! Pleeeease.:)

img2680bp.jpg

Got this in the mail today.

ewi5.jpg

And since I don't have anything to share about my jeep I'll tease you guys with one I'm working on for a customer.

vyul.jpg

I wouldn't call this build quick. I've had the Jeep for two and a half months. And haven't spent but 20 hours on it at the most. Usually I'd have the entire thing done how I want it in less than a week. I just haven't had the time to devote. Talent and experience come with time. I've been building rockcrawlers professionally for almost 10 years now. So don't think I just woke up and had the know how. Lol

As for the land and great wheeling. I actually relocated here to Hot Springs AR. Because we have the Superlift OHV park, which offers some of the best wheeling in the country. So I have that in my back yard too. Rockcrawling is my life. The rest is just little details.

Were you at SuperLift for Memorial Day holiday ride? I could have sworn I saw this Jeep, or maybe it was one similar to it, in the RV camping area. Anyways, great build, really digging that shave job on the axle. Do you work at the 4x4 shop (forget the name atm) just outside of HotSprings? Metal work on the corners looks nice, I could stand to do something like that to mine!

Were you at SuperLift for Memorial Day holiday ride? I could have sworn I saw this Jeep, or maybe it was one similar to it, in the RV camping area. Anyways, great build, really digging that shave job on the axle. Do you work at the 4x4 shop (forget the name atm) just outside of HotSprings? Metal work on the corners looks nice, I could stand to do something like that to mine!

Yup. I was there. If you're talking about Skidz. I use to run that shop, but due to some shady business practices that my partner was into. I left in 2010 and reopened my own shop again. My shop is south of town off Amity Rd, about a mile from Hwy 7 as you come into town.

Yup. I was there. If you're talking about Skidz. I use to run that shop, but due to some shady business practices that my partner was into. I left in 2010 and reopened my own shop again. My shop is south of town off Amity Rd, about a mile from Hwy 7 as you come into town.

Yeah I am talking about Skidz. I just couldn't recall the name, but that's it. Might have to come check you out sometime. It is about an 5.5.-6 hr drive to SuperLift for us, so we only make it about 2 times a year. Keep up the good work.

Well shoot me a PM next time. I'll wheel with ya. I'm out there a lot. I'll be out there this weekend again. Pretty nice having it so close. (15 minutes from the shop)

Well shoot me a PM next time. I'll wheel with ya. I'm out there a lot. I'll be out there this weekend again. Pretty nice having it so close. (15 minutes from the shop)

Yeah I love that area. Would be nice to live closer. Headed to Hawk Pride Offroad this weekend, its almost 2 hours closer....so we are there a bit more frequently. I'll definitely hit you with a PM next time we come up.

EDIT: Sorry for the thread derail!

Last edited:
I wouldn't call this build quick. I've had the Jeep for two and a half months. And haven't spent but 20 hours on it at the most. Usually I'd have the entire thing done how I want it in less than a week. I just haven't had the time to devote. Talent and experience come with time. I've been building rockcrawlers professionally for almost 10 years now. So don't think I just woke up and had the know how. Lol

As for the land and great wheeling. I actually relocated here to Hot Springs AR. Because we have the Superlift OHV park, which offers some of the best wheeling in the country. So I have that in my back yard too. Rockcrawling is my life. The rest is just little details.

Haha.. quicker than my stock builds. I teach myself as I go, so I've had my Jeep for 4 years... and its more of a restoration than a build per se. So you're light years quicker than me.

I like how you've got your life prioritized... sounds lots of fun. I'm just at the stage I'm trying to figure out what I want to be close to. I'm finishing a finance degree in 4 months, but really want to be close to the automotive field. Thanks for sharing.

I managed to kink my header and down pipe as well as mutilate my new Borla muffler. So I fab'd but a new exhaust system and put on my new stainless header.

2to5.jpg

fc31.jpg

4vdi.jpg

vx0y.jpg

When I pulled my header I noticed one of my freeze plugs was all fuzzy. As soon as I touched it, it started to leak. Not sure how it was holding pressure. :crazy:

pretty lucky to find it now rather than have a problem out in the middle of BFE.

rd31.jpg

Went ahead and replaced them all while I was in there.

ew3h.jpg

Also found this... intake has been cracked and welded at some point.

k181.jpg

New header.

9cr1.jpg

I fab'd up a new down pipe using 2" tube with a 3" radius. I wanted tucked up nice and tight to clear my flat belly that will go in later.

qopo.jpg

At first I put on a 12" glass pack. Which sounded terrible. I've run glass packs in the past that sounded good. But they were on jeeps with the factory manifold and tail pipe. My solution because I was running low on time and energy: I added a Flowmast 10 series race muffler with a 3" tip and turn down. I had them laying in my pile of exhaust stuff off one of my old jeeps and it fit perfect for the rear hanger.

dhdr.jpg

In low range tooling around it sound amazing. But I'm thinking about building a tail pipe because on the highway it resonates more than I really like

I run cherry bombs for that exact reason, I got tired of mangling can shaped mufflers. It's rock rashed rather badly and still hasn't come apart or had any problems.

What brand header? Any reason why you decided not to put in a piece of flex pipe in your down pipe?

It's a Drake off road, which is just a re-branded JBA... Borla knock off. I don't think I'll need one with this style header, it doesn't have any butt welds like the factory header does. So it shouldn't crack.

wow a 3" raidus, so 6" down pipe diameter? thats a little to big..... lol

Back