• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One ton family rig

Rubiconkeith

NAXJA Forum User
Just so it's clear this will not be really fast or big budget. I have owned over a dozen jeeps. Full widths and motor swaps and such have always been the norm. Working on jeeps has been my way to keep my demons at bay since I left the army. So here is what I just picked up.
2000 jeep cherokee
31's
Mix match 4 inch lift
Trussed 30 and stock 8.25

My plans are for the following.
93 f350 ball joint sixty
Artec truss 4.88 gears locker

Rear 60 from something with 4.88 spool and trusses

231 HD sye
Full frame stiffeners and hybrid exo cage

The front suspension will be y link with 4" coils
1.25 joints for lower and 7/8 for the single upper.
Front axle will be 2" forward

Rear will be 4" springs and move the axle back 2.5 or 4" back.

40" iroks with 4" up travel and a bit down. Very low center of gravity.

After some thought I'm debating on sleeving the rear frame rails to have a good tie in for the cage. Or would it be better to just plate it on the outside? I'm planning on starting this week and on the fence with the rear. Any input would be great.

I plated mine with 3x3x3/16 angle, I mounted the cage on top of the shackle box

My driver side shackle box is missing the floor area where it mounts. The drop shackle relocation kit that is on it I'm planning on moving up. And filling the stupid hole for the filler hoses is a must no matter the route.

welcome. sounds like a good build plan. ill be following. check out HDOR's rear stiffeners or really the full front to rear kit.

Jason: Keith is one of our buddies he has had some sick rigs... all the running gear under the donor rig is my pre full width stuff....This should be a cool build...he will run the crap out of it.

Ram" See you Thursday Keith" Rod

Well Ram-Rod I have the nod to get it done so yes I will definitely see you Thursday. My first step is plate the frame and move the fuel tank up. Then stretch the wheel wells and repair the shackle box. It will make a great dd.

Last night I fixed a portion of my floor rot. Traded my roof rack for the hdor stiffners. And picked up brand new Clayton long arms for $200 along with a rear hitch.

Today the frame reinforcement gets started. Cleaning the rails does suck a little. Almost time to see if the welder works. Never even fired it up yet.

1444497930179145148461.jpg

Started on the front 60 yesterday. Artec truss fits ok had to trim a little because of the axle coming from a 93 f350. The only parts I'm waiting on now is lock out hubs. I am debating if the 30 spline shafts will live with the 37s I just picked up.

20151026_200651.jpg

30 spline outters?

I'd run them until you are breaking them.

Took me a while on 39 sticky crawlers to break enough that I finally upgraded to 35 spline outters.

mac 'got good a changing them' gyvr

Yes it does have the 30 spline outershafts. All I need is lockouts. My plan is to drive it to and from wheeling all while abusing it like a Thai hooker.

I broke more hubs than outter shafts.

mac 'carry spares' gyvr

Back