• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One ton family rig

Frame stiffeners are now on. the front axle has new brakes, balljoints, locker. Finish installing gears front and rear. Replace worn rear brakes. Then everything is getting it's new home.

20151104_070401.jpg

Started the axle swap this weekend. Found out my rear axle is two different dana 60s put together. Front axle is in minus the drag link. Not happy with the height though. Swapping a friend front and rear springs this upcoming weekend. 3.5" springs front and rear should still have enough room with some minor trimming. This is how it sits with 4.5" front springs.

Jeep is drivable now with the tons and 37s. I am having a problem with the brakes almost going to the floor. Dual piston ford front calipers and drum rear for now. Slight wander at speed from a dead spot on the steering from the heim joints. Still have a few bugs to work out. Over all a three night one ton swap with custom suspension setup I'm fairly pleased.

Definitely needing to build my front fenders to keep the cops off my butt. Planning on lowering the rear atleast 2 inches.

Maybe if you did not flip them off every time they are stopped next to you :)...Rig looks sort of familiar.....

Ram" Kieth will beat it like a TY hooker" Rod

Better believe it will get abused. My 35 mile commute to work says it needs a little adjustment but that's nothing. Next will be the cage and better axle shafts and drive shafts.

That thing looks great.

Parts breakdown for the front consist of. Ruff stuff 1.25 heims for the lowers with rubber bushings at the axle. Single upper radius arm has one 3/4 inch heim and one poly bushing for the axle side. Axle truss is Artec jk 60 swap. All other brackets are ruff stuff. Steering is 1.75" Dom 125 wall sleeved with 1.5" with 7/8 heims and a high angle chevy tie rod end for the pitman arm. Pitman arm is a stock fsj arm. Front springs are rc 4.5" lift. 93 ford dana 60 with 4.88 gears and a spartan. Rear is 65 dodge d200 dana 60 for the moment. 4.88 gears spool and ruff stuff u bolt less axle relocation kit. 4.5" rc springs with hd shackle relocation kit.

Lowered my rear 4 inches. Started on my hybrid cage. I have 4 inches of up travel front and back. I think my drip rail is at 71". Not bad for tons and 37's.

That sure was a fun day....This rig is super cool guys....

Ram" we ran it all at the cliffs" Rod

Back