• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Olympic Turd

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMORTL said:
I would be happy with bed service...

K

hehe, can I buy a vowel? (the right one this time?)

ECKSJAY said:
sounds like Mom gave you your allowance and you just HAD TO HAVE IT! :D

don't make assumptions on something you know nothing about.i earned everything i have and worked hard for it.

gore_internet.jpg

Wil Badger said:
why would i want to warranty it to get another piece of shit bumper, ya ok.
i'm not slamming the dude but the company he works for.if they changed the product and it isn't total ass great for them they have nothing to worry about.
Yes you are slamming both and IMHO you don't have the right to complain about it since you haven't made any efforts to talk to the manufacturer.

your right i have nobody to blame but myself for keeping it and putting it on my truck.but to say they make a good product is just bullshit they make crap .thats what this thread was started for .if i can keep one person from being taken like i was i have done my job in helping somebody.if somebody made i thread like this when i was looking i would have known better and would have never ordered it.
Dude... you weren't taken it was your choice to stick with it and now you're regretting it.... oh well be a man and take it like a man.

Last edited:
Wil Badger said:
no because once i had a chance to replace it i did and dropped it like the piece of shit it is.it is no longer on my truck i have had several people ask if they could buy it off me and i won't even sell it to somebody because i don't want to hear it when it fails or they have problems.it sits in my garage doing nothing but taking up space.

as for taking it like a man i have and did.i wasted my money on it and i can live with that and i have.like i said i just don't want anybody else to make the same mistakethat i did.none of their ads show thier mounting system or what the back side of the bumper looks like.i was new to Xjs when i bought it and didn't realize what it takes to make a real bumper for the Xj.i didn't belong to this forum at the time of the build up and didn't even know it existed.i belonged to a few local groups and that was it none of them had heard or seen the bumper so at the time of order i thought it was going to be a half descent bumper ,it wasn't .you would think if they are calling it a rock bumper it would be a burly piece,it wasn't.

Let me ask again: if you think the product sucks have you talked to he manufacturer about it?? If no the STFU! If they make 100 bumpers and 100 people buy them and hate them and don't call them and tell them why they hate them the manufacturer will make another 100 bumpers thinking that the product must be great cause noone complains about them to them. Get it?

Kejtar said:
Let me ask again: if you think the product sucks have you talked to he manufacturer about it?? If no the STFU! If they make 100 bumpers and 100 people buy them and hate them and don't call them and tell them why they hate them the manufacturer will make another 100 bumpers thinking that the product must be great cause noone complains about them to them. Get it?
THis is funny... I replied and my post somehow now preceeds your post.... weiiird

I don't think its the nature of the complaint that is getting under peoples' skin here, its more how you've gone about it. In some ways, its not unlike ordering a meal at a restaurant, eating every last bite and then refusing to pay for it and telling everyone how bad it was.

You didn't have to use the bumper once you got it, but you did. If you just posted up here with something like "hey, just wanted to let you folks know about how I feel about this product" or just posted the pics themselves, you probably wouldn't have gotten this reaction.

I'm not flaming you here, but I think you have overreacted here and then compounded it with defensiveness. Sure, you got taken, but you didn't have to get taken, you let it happen. And with no attempts to let Olympic rectify the situation, you have a much less strong argument.

If you had posted up that not only had you received it as is, but that they had told you to f**k off when you complained, then hey, you'd have a very strong reason to post up a nuclear bomb against them...

Kejtar said:
Dude... you weren't taken it was your choice to stick with it and now you're regretting it.... oh well be a man and take it like a man.

no because once i had a chance to replace it i did and dropped it like the piece of shit it is.it is no longer on my truck i have had several people ask if they could buy it off me and i won't even sell it to somebody because i don't want to hear it when it fails or they have problems.it sits in my garage doing nothing but taking up space.

as for taking it like a man i have and did.i wasted my money on it and i can live with that and i have.like i said i just don't want anybody else to make the same mistakethat i did.none of their ads show thier mounting system or what the back side of the bumper looks like.i was new to Xjs when i bought it and didn't realize what it takes to make a real bumper for the Xj.i didn't belong to this forum at the time of the build up and didn't even know it existed.i belonged to a few local groups and that was it none of them had heard or seen the bumper so at the time of order i thought it was going to be a half descent bumper ,it wasn't .you would think if they are calling it a rock bumper it would be a burly piece,it wasn't.

At this point you might as well get your welder and torch out and fix it the way you want. You could then sell it to recoup some of your money or keep it for your next project.

I don't mean to stir the pot.....

Did anyone see those welds? C'mon now Kejtar, Ecksjay, would you buy that bumper after seeing those welds? Would anyone?

Whateva we have quality vendors here. AND.... you don't see olympic on our banners.

Wil has an awesome point. AND showed us the lack of quality in the bumper. If you would still buy that bumper after this post. You should be at the mall, getting your nails did.

:dunce:

Ironmen77 said:
At this point you might as well get your welder and torch out and fix it the way you want. You could then sell it to recoup some of your money or keep it for your next project.

Yeah... build it up and sell it and maybe the buyer will complain about it here without letting you know about it ;)

Dirt said:
I don't mean to stir the pot.....

Did anyone see those welds? C'mon now Kejtar, Ecksjay, would you buy that bumper after seeing those welds? Would anyone?

Whateva we have quality vendors here. AND.... you don't see olympic on our banners.

Wil has an awesome point. AND showed us the lack of quality in the bumper. If you would still buy that bumper after this post. You should be at the mall, getting your nails did.

:dunce:
OK... so we've seen one bumper. One fricking bumper! Does that prove anything? It proves nothing. I'm not saying that the bumper is good or bad. I'm saying that carrying a crusade against a manufacturer in this manner is wrong since the manufacturer was not contacted and given the opportunity to fix the alleged problem.

And yeah well Olympic does sponsor NAXJA and the offroading community. I know that they have provided raffle prizes in the past and I hope that they will keep providing in the future. Personally I have checked out their cargo racks and must say that they are pretty cool and well built. Also I didn't see any bad welds on the ones that I have seen. Anyways this looks to me like a bitch session: bitching for the sake of bitching.......

and just how do you think they are going to rectify this problem by sending me another piece of shit,ya thats real helpful.you think they are going to build just one bumper just for me and what i expected, hell no.all you had to do is look a the pics read what i had to say and take it for what it was.yet you continue to try to make me look like the bad guy because i had a problem with a product i purchased.if you like their products and feel they meet your standards then feel free to use them.i don't won't and will never buy anything produced by them again.yes you have only seen one bumper but look at the quality of said bumper.look at those welds that didn't even pass through a piece of 7 gauge steel.what the F kind of weld is that.i can only assume that the rest of their products have the same crappy welds and quality.if i'm wrong and can be proved wrong then so be it.i don't see that happening so far.i see a bunch of people telling me i'm wrong and i should shut up.why?because i'm showing what i received.

so instead of being the ass and trying to persue the subject of proving me wrong take your own advise and STFU as you so nicely put it.

anytime somebody post pictures of the next great thing in bumper design everybody asks if it has the all needed frame supports.any real aftermarket manufacture of a good product should include all the components to make it a stout bumper.if not them its just a malling crawling want to look the part piece of shit.i will always stand by my Rigid bumper and promote it every chance i get .why? becuase it is just what they claim it to be one of the stoutest Xj bumpers in the aftermarket for Xj.i have bashed ,pounded and abused it and it hasn't budged on inch.

Last edited:
Kejtar said:
OK... so we've seen one bumper. One fricking bumper! Does that prove anything? It proves nothing. I'm not saying that the bumper is good or bad. I'm saying that carrying a crusade against a manufacturer in this manner is wrong since the manufacturer was not contacted and given the opportunity to fix the alleged problem.

And yeah well Olympic does sponsor NAXJA and the offroading community. I know that they have provided raffle prizes in the past and I hope that they will keep providing in the future. Personally I have checked out their cargo racks and must say that they are pretty cool and well built. Also I didn't see any bad welds on the ones that I have seen. Anyways this looks to me like a bitch session: bitching for the sake of bitching.......

Well I guess it is a bitch session.

I thank anyone that makes/sponsers products for our cherokee club.

I cannot accept the quality of that bumper as top notch though. Like I said, people that are not informed read the description as something that it is apparently not. I have no experience with this co. and after this thread, I will not ever have experience with them. Personally I thank Wil for posting those pics. Before I found NAXJA, I too thought Warn and Olympic was all there was. Thank God for NAXJA, Detour, TNT, JCR, RE, Ridgidco,Formatt and all the other great company's that provide quality products for our rides.

BTW.... Would you buy that bumper?

Last edited:
Wil Badger said:
and just how do you think they are going to rectify this problem by sending me another piece of shit,ya thats real helpful.you think they are going to build just one bumper just for me and what i expected, hell no.all you had to do is look a the pics read what i had to say and take it for what it was.yet you continue to try to make me look like the bad guy because i had a problem with a product i purchased.

Well... you are.... Read what Beej has said
I don't think its the nature of the complaint that is getting under peoples' skin here, its more how you've gone about it. In some ways, its not unlike ordering a meal at a restaurant, eating every last bite and then refusing to pay for it and telling everyone how bad it was.

You didn't have to use the bumper once you got it, but you did. If you just posted up here with something like "hey, just wanted to let you folks know about how I feel about this product" or just posted the pics themselves, you probably wouldn't have gotten this reaction.

I'm not flaming you here, but I think you have overreacted here and then compounded it with defensiveness. Sure, you got taken, but you didn't have to get taken, you let it happen. And with no attempts to let Olympic rectify the situation, you have a much less strong argument.

If you had posted up that not only had you received it as is, but that they had told you to f**k off when you complained, then hey, you'd have a very strong reason to post up a nuclear bomb against them...

I'm not defending or attacking the bumper. I'm questioning your methods for complaining. Read what I said about lack of complaints to manufacturers: if they don't get any, they think all's fine: did you complain? NOPE.

if you like their products and feel they meet your standards then feel free to use them.
Has nothing to do with liking someone's products.
i don't won't and will never buy anything produced by them again.
Well good for you. Also, if I was a vendor and I knew of this posts I don't think I would sell you anything.
yes you have only seen one bumper but look at the quality of said bumper.look at those welds that didn't even pass through a piece of 7 gauge steel.what the F kind of weld is that.i can only assume that the rest of their products have the same crappy welds and quality.if i'm wrong and can be proved wrong then so be it.i don't see that happening so far.i see a bunch of people telling me i'm wrong and i should shut up.why?because i'm showing what i received.
I've seen their other products and I haven't seen bad welds like that. Maybe it was a newbie on the welder, maybe dude had a bad day, maybe this is one out of a milion that sneaked through QC without getting caught. Who knows.... sure as hell you don't cause you didn't call and COMPLAIN to the manufacturer.

so instead of being the ass and try to persue the subject of proving me wrong take your own advise and STFU as you so nicely put it.
Well... aren't you in the wrong?

anytime somebody post pictures of the next great thing in bumper design everybody asks if it has the all needed frame supports.any real aftermarket manufacture of a good product should include all the components to make it a stout bumper.if not them its just a malling crawling want to look the part piece of shit.i will always stand by my Rigid bumper and promote it every chance i get .why? becuase it is just what they claim it to be one of the stoutest Xj bumpers in the aftermarket for Xj.i have bashed ,pounded and abused it and it hasn't budged on inch.
1. I don't know how long you've been at it but IIRC C-ROK was one of the first ones to come up with some sort of reinforcement for hte bumpers. Everyone elses bumpers just "were". C4x4 is a really interesting design: kind of flimsy and I wouldn't give $2 for it, but I've seen it abused and come back to shape on it's own.
2. I didn't want to say this before but I think it deserves to be said/asked: did you get paid off to promote one bumper and bash another in the same thread? Probably not, but in any case what you're doing is rather unethical (at least to me). Anyways, there are so many things that bug about the way you posted that it's tough to list them, but biggest one is the unsolicited bashing of one vendor and glorifying of another in the same thread..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back