• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oh Geez

I wish I was as cool as you.
Here are some vegetables for you.
original.jpg

Oh Geez ...

I call BS without pics. And slamming on the brakes and skidding to a stop doesn't count...

Trucks transmission already needs a rebuild B/C of this it has some nice things to go faster ,but a stock 68rfe ...And I bought it to tow the Jeep , ...lol...now I need to pull off that stuff so I can bring it in for Trans work under warranty...And I'd say it was more like 35 mph heading into 40 when I hit the shifter dropping it from 6th into 3rd and dumped on the fuel which did leave break traction and leave a set small black marks...but the truck does have when tuned 450 RWHP and 900lbft...However the trans will not hold this abuse ...lol

Last edited:
Anyway on a more "mature" note...lol...Who is going with Seth's and Pitbull (aka Josh) group this year to Holy Cross ?

Installed a boost gauge today. only getting 4psi of boost =(...
Went to bandimere lastnight. Fastest time was a 16.27 @ 82.9MPH. Much better than the 18 second run we started with. I was aired down to 15 PSI in the back and burning out and i still couldnt get traction off the line through first. And not enough power to go fast at the end of the track. So hoepfully soon i will get a 62.5 MM pulley for it and then pay someone to tune it.

Also took it to nationwide last sunday night and went on a cruise afterwards with my buddy ron and his 331SC miata. Funnest time i have had in my car yet!

Installed a boost gauge today. only getting 4psi of boost =(...
Went to bandimere lastnight. Fastest time was a 16.27 @ 82.9MPH. Much better than the 18 second run we started with. I was aired down to 15 PSI in the back and burning out and i still couldnt get traction off the line through first. And not enough power to go fast at the end of the track. So hoepfully soon i will get a 62.5 MM pulley for it and then pay someone to tune it.

Also took it to nationwide last sunday night and went on a cruise afterwards with my buddy ron and his 331SC miata. Funnest time i have had in my car yet!

Oh I'd so race you in my 4,000lbs Audi. I was able to get it down to the 14's and was still taking time off each run.

Did you see the black Porsche 944 turbo there? Its my buddy Sid and is still running the inline 4cyl Porsche motor.

Hopefully I will have a new pulley and some time with a dyno and a profesional tunner. Then we will race my ~$1600 car against your fancy audi!

There were a ton of cars there so I dont know if I saw your buddy.

That was 50LBS in the trunk and 15 PSI in the tires. Fixed that with the new wheels and tires. went from a 185 all season to a 205 race compound tire.

Another thing to think of is how you heat the tire. dropping pressure works well on rocks but may have an adverse effect on the car. I know road racing bikes if you just drop pressure it heats the outside of the tires making a thin layer of tacky tire then almost slick tire underneath. The goal was to always heat the tire from inside out making the entire compound warm and sticky as compared to spotty surface heat. :dunno:

ya ya ya... the re11 is the top tire for the class of autocross I am in...

As for the pressure and heat thing... I was just doing what my dragracing buddy was telling me!

If I need to get actual "race tires" on it. I have a buddy who said I could borrow a set of hoosiers... but idk how well I can fit a 275 tire LOL

Last edited:
Well for drag racing, burning the tire and rolling is the way to go. you need 1/8 or 1/4 mile of traction. But THAT tire is, like you said, an aouto-x/performance tire. It may not respond well to that type of heating. So you may be doing yourself a disservice by heating it that way. As far as tire size, ya gotta look at where your car does good and where it needs help to determine what size tire and gears to go with. Just like crawling man, you know how it works.

Learning how to use the e-brake, combined with clutch preload, and proper modulation throughout the launch is the key to getting low 60ft times. The ability to "feel" the tires maximum amount of grip without spinning is the key to good times. It's definetly not easy and takes time to master. Power and sticky tires will only benefit if they go in hand with proper technique.

Back