• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O2 sensor won't budge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I don't see what you're so confused about. I think you'd be hard pressed to make a car roll off jack stands even using a breaker bar with your "white collar grip."

You may be the most successful troll I've met.

Yes, you are too limp wristed to just.get out there and try.

Chock the rear wheels.
jack the front axle
place jackstands under the axle
lower axle onto jackstands

Start working.

This should only take 5 mins or so.
stay out of the way should the jack slip

Congratulations, Youve been nominated.
You have shot down most suggestions, didnt try other suggestions, sat on your ass and complained instead of trying, and claim BMWs are easier to work on...

picture.php
picture.php
Yes, I have.
Maybe you didn't understand what I wrote above?

COME ON BROTHER!

Get that rig jacked up,put some standard jack stands under it and 'get r done!:twak:

I guess I don't see what you're so confused about. .

If I jack from the axle, it may roll right off the flat jack plate while jacking.
If I jack from the jack point, there is no room for jack stands at the jack point since the jack is in the way.
If I jack from the jack point, the axle might roll right off my jack stand.
My jack stands are almost flat, maybe b/c they are designed for a rocker lip.
I will need to buy jack stands with a a more concave U shaped cup.

jack the front axle
place jackstands under the axle

Which goes on the outer part of the axle, closer to the wheel, the jack or the jack stands?
Do you know what I mean?

Last edited:
You want the jack stands wide.
Its not that hard, go out and try it.
Put the jack under the pumpkin, lift, put stand under that side as close to the tire as you can get while still in a good spot.
Put jack under passengers side LCA bracket, Axle tube, or whatever you feel is safest, lift, put stand under.
Put jack back under pumpkin, just below but not taking pressure off of the jack stand. (For safety. If the stand fails the jack will hold the vehicle)

Crawl under, fix your fricking oxygen sensor, done.

I always jack the front up by using the differential. I sometimes would put a small block of wood between the diff and the jack.

BMW sensor is accessed from the engine bay, right at the start of the exhaust manifold.
Came right out after 125k. Perfect car for non-mechanics and kids learning to work on cars.

Actually, I spent a few hours researching how to jack up an XJ, but even this is more complex than a normal car. I got busy and have forgot to follow up on that.
In a normal car like a BMW or Nissan, you just jack up from the center jack block, and stick the jack stands on the rocker panel jack point. Easy peasy...

On XJ's, it's a different story. Rather, 100 different stories. There is no jack block, so now it gets complicated (and dangerous!)

From what I understand, the best way is to jack up the front ...is using the axle tube and then putting jack stands at the jack point area behind the front rocker area.
However, I really don't feel safe jacking up a cylindrical axle on a flat jack plate. Car can just roll off while jacking it up. Screw that.
Do you need a special jack adapter to jack up a round surface?

The other method would be to jack up the car at the side jack point area.
But, that would leave no room to place the jack stand, b/c the jack is already in the way in the jack point area.

The 3rd way, you can jack from the side jack point and use the jack stands on the axle itself.
There is no way in hell I am resting the entire car on the rounded axles, then getting under the car and yanking on the car with a breaker bar.
Car could roll right off! I might look into buying new jack stands that have some sort of deep "U" shape that I can put sideways and rest the axle properly across.

Can anyone advise the right method? Until I figure out how to jack up an XJ, anything involving jacking the XJ will be sent right to a qualified professional with a lift, where it belongs! Better safe than sorry.
Maybe there is a write up with pictures out there, but I doubt it. That's why it really pays to learn this stuff in a trade school or with some wacky uncle this has done this crap for 50 years.

you know what? I'm going to make this blunt. you make retards feel like geniuses compared to you.
if all your going to do is whine and whine and not take initiative to go out and do something, sell that damn xj and get your self another vehicle. because this is getting ridiculous as to how much you whine and dont actually try.
again I have autism and I managed to re straighten my tie rod by using a jackstand to keep it level and use my weight and legs to bend it to almost straight again. all your doing is making excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses.
just sell it and drive some other bmw thats more all season worthy since they're supposedly cheaper and easier.

but here is the simplified version: put your e brake on and jack the axle up, place jack stands under axle or directly behind the lca mount. done!!!!

Wait. Buys Cherokee to learn about vehicles but complains they're harder to work on than a BMW, and doesn't know how to place jackstands or any other simple thing? How in the world did he get a BMW up on jackstands?

It's pretty obvious that bummerjeeper has no real experience in automotive repair or maintenance at all and should have been truthful about that right off the bat. That, and not argued, ignored, and questioned all the advice. Oh, and what about slamming our Jeeps? Tacky to say the least.

I think bummerjeeper/OnTheFence should change his username to OnTheBummerFence.

Last edited:
I jack up my 2wd beam which is fully round. No issues rolling off.

I'd put this guy on my ignore list but his failure level is hilarious at this point. Ill reference this thread to frustrated newbies for years.

Dude when you screw your lady do you ask for help with that too? I mean come on.

X2... But are you sure it's a female?

This has got to be one of the all time best con jobs I've ever seen...

I cannot fathom the depths of stupidity it would take someone with at least 2 brain cells to vibrate and rub together to create enough electricity and still not be able to jack up a car and put it on jack stands...

My son learned how to jack up a car and safely change a tire at 15 years of age.

We've been trolled. Why else would every single thread by this knucklehead end up being 4-5 pages long on topics like how to remove a single bolt...

Seriously people, stop feeding this troll. No matter how much good advice you give him/her, everything you try to explain IN DETAIL is picked apart, shot down, or argued about six different ways from Sunday.

Bummerjeeper, sell the f*cking thing and go back to your Bavarian motorcar, Cosmopolitans, and mani/pedi's and find another board to troll...

BMW sensor is accessed from the engine bay, right at the start of the exhaust manifold.
Came right out after 125k. Perfect car for non-mechanics and kids learning to work on cars.
You might be more believable if you diddn't try and convince us that big money wastes are cheaper and easier to fix than xj's. Hows that electrical system on youe bmw? Coming from somebody that works on cars professionally, anyone who enjoys working on bmw's needs to be locked up in a rubber room and monitored 24/7, because they are simply too far gone to exist in normal society.

But just in case you really are genuinely stuck with your O2 sensor, I dont want to come off as a total dick so I will help you out. Try turning it to the left.

New advertising campaign....

"Point, click, save. So simple even bimmerjeep can do it"

Nah, it will never work... He would spend the first 2 pages of posts on how to turn on a computer, then another 2 pages on how to work a mouse, and fabricate 25 reasons why he can't...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back