• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O2 sensor won't budge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I hadn't read this entire thread, I would absolutely not believe it. All for an oxygen sensor?

If you think this one is a corker, you should read the T-60 Torx bit thread, the drivers door wire harness thread, and the climate control light bulb thread. They all devolve into the same whining along with condescending and denigrating comments, pretty much the same as this worthless waste of bandwidth.

Now that he is certified to operate a jack, and a set of jack stands, I can't wait until he needs to remove a unit hub and cannot find a 36mm socket.

Last edited:
If i find the post, will you log off forever and never post again?

If you mean the suggestion of using 7/8 if you have one handy but don't own a 22mm, that was suggested as a substitution. Clearly, if you can read, that is not meant to be interpreted as 7/8" is right, and 22mm is wrong. If one had neither, it would make perfect sense to buy the original suggestion (22mm) and not the 7/8" backup alternative, regardless of how close they are. Only an idiot would go buy the substitution for the original, if he has neither.

The only thing offered in this thread as direct instruction was to use a 22mm. If you have something else, go ahead and post it. Otherwise, please learn to read before you go around insulting people who actually can. And, if you want to get technical, you said "How many times do you need to be told?". Really, that means there are several suggestions to use 7/8". Let's see them, b/c my search for "7/8" yielded only the above.

Last edited:
If you could read and comprehend, you'd have your sensor changed already. You could have also googled o2 sensor socket and seen that they're 7/8".

If you could read and comprehend, you'd have your sensor changed already. You could have also googled o2 sensor socket and seen that they're 7/8".

Still waiting for you to show me the multiple posts about being told it's 7/8's. Put up or shut up.

Only an idiot needs a 16 page thread to change an o2 sensor.
pretty sure my GF could have figured it out in four

Really? How so? The issue was not understanding what to do. (turn it)
The issue was not having a blowtorch.

Last edited:
I find 7/8 to be a very useful size... Good for o2 sensors, good for Chevy lug nuts, also great for getting that extra torque on a 1/2" drive ratchet... Sorry may have gone a little off base on that one lol :)

Last edited:
22 mm is .866"

7/8" is .875"

Difference is .009"

I've always used 7/8 but IMO it doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

Since the O2 sensor bung thread is M18x1.5 it is probably actually 22mm hex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back