• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWFest, what needs to be done.

the "have" to:
add oil to transmission after last weekend. :laugh2:

maybe find a shop to swap out my empty CO2?

buy a bigger cooler?

the "might":
Boatsides
Winch Mount
Full Hydro
PRP Seats
Re-Valve rear shocks
install passenger side MORE motor mount
new front diff cover
new front tube work

I'll likely not do anything, and just add some gear oil the night before to the tranny. :D

the "have" to:
add oil to transmission after last weekend. :laugh2:

I'll likely not do anything, and just add some gear oil the night before to the tranny. :D

We do hope to see you on a few runs before NW Fest. We should have a Mudfest in the Spring and possibly another snow run before it melts ( hopefully with new and better snow...).
But the cooler upgrade is defenitely advised.

I think my list is about the same as last year.....

Hook up trailer. Wash Jeep. Load Jeep.

:laugh:

I see lots of build plans and parts purchases coming up here, keep us in mind for anything you need, parts or installation. Competitive prices on everything and we support those who support us!

John
Auburn Car Repair & Offroad

I think my list is about the same as last year.....

Hook up trailer. Wash Jeep. Load Jeep.

:laugh:

I see lots of build plans and parts purchases coming up there, keep us in mind for anything you need. Competitive prices on everything and we support those who support us!

John
Auburn Car Repair & Offroad
253-939-5019

Do I get a discount on 2low kits if I buy and have you install 2 of them John?

-Alex

Rear bumper
Rocker Replacements/Sliders
Working Lights
Removable Doors

My List:
1. I need to patch 1 tire.
2. Sort out 1 "burping" tire.

Most likely:
1. re-paint black on door guards and rock sliders.

Hans, I believe you missed 1 minor "logistical" issue on your list ;)

Michael

I have a few things I need to do.

- Find a full size spare
- Install some 297 shafts (spares would be nice)
- Swap in a new gas tank
- Some random maintenance items (fluids, axle seals)

I have a longer more detailed list too, but that's more for a trip planned for the end of summer. :shhh:

Hans, I believe you missed 1 minor "logistical" issue on your list ;)

Oh yea I forgot

1 Buy a Tow Rig that I can put my jeep on top of and still tow my travel trailer.

I don't think it is in this years budget.

Hans

Well, I got a head-start by taking care of one item I'd been planning for a couple of months now. Per Goatman's thread in mod tech, I replaced the crappy factory linkage rod between the t-case tab and the fulcrum assembly. You know, that thin "Z" shaped piece of garbage that flexes under operation, bends the ends so you don't get full throw, and ruins the wimpy plastic inserts in the tab and fulcrum? Yeah, that's gone now. I picked up a few things between NAPA and Tacoma Screw to assemble a stout rod out of 3/8" heim-jointed female insert rod ends, a length of all-thread, a couple of jam-nuts, and a pair of 3/8" grade 5 bolts with metal crimped locking nuts.

Pretty simple if a little bit time-consuming. Removed both the t-case tab and fulcrum piece, welded the 7/16" bore/1/2" shoulder plastic insert holes shut and re-drilled them at 3/8", re-installed them in the Jeep, assembled the heim-joint ends and all-thread cut to length to match the factory piece's length with jam-nuts to ensure the length stays constant, assembled it in place with the grade 5 bolts and metal locking nuts. Now I have a firm shifting lever and t-case function seems solid. I'll need a couple of trail runs to confirm, but it should be good to go.

We do hope to see you on a few runs before NW Fest. We should have a Mudfest in the Spring and possibly another snow run before it melts ( hopefully with new and better snow...).
But the cooler upgrade is defenitely advised.

Yeah Opie and mud, that would work out well.

Opie and the Rockface at Walker = awesome.:D

-Alex

I'm not much of a mud guy, but I'd love to get out on another snow run

I'm not sure what Rockface at Walker and the wall at Reiter are, but I'll point my nose in there and give it the ol' college try... :dunno:

got any pics?

The cooler will likely be the first upgrade :thumbup:

Install my 8.8
find a 4.10 D30 and transfer my aussie into it and swap with current axle
a Winch

have to do:

1. new steering box
2. flip tie rod
3. fluids all the way around
4. stock up on spare parts
5. replace winch line
6. adjust trac bar

want to:

1. OBA
2. cage

if money magically falls from the sky...

1. D44 front - locked n geared
2. 35" shoes

Back