• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northern Illinois M&G

Dont worry maybe next month we'll venture down somewhere below I-80...no, this is no wheeling event...although, with the snow all gone, we have to park like normal people now.

won't be there this month but if it's around 80 next month I'll be there let me know if you need suggestions for places around here

well, pick a couple out...we usually deliberate right after the pervious meeting. Thanks for all the input, and the interest to come out

HI, HOW ARE U DOIN? IM TRYING TO SEE WHAT PARTS U HAVE OR ANY1 ELSE I HAVE A 2001 XJ THAT I THAT I TUCKED NICELY IN TO A TELEPHONE POLE :flamemad:
BOO SO IM PUTTIN IT BACK TOGETHER AND I NEED AFEW PARTS

QUICKLIST
GRILLE ASSEMBLY
BUMPERCAPS
PITMAN ARM
LEFT SIDE BACL GLASS

THANK YOU
COURT

hey turns out I will be able to make it up this month might have my brother with me too

i got a drop pitman arm...not sure if it will work for you. the bumper caps I have a chopped up, and maybe getting used, but Ill poke my nose around my shop and see if I have anything else. are you going to be at the M&G on the 27th?

hey to all coming bring your know how, i have a knocking like somebody tossing rocks at window panes and i cant figure out what's knocking...

i was thinking that too, im dropping the pan and checking the rods this week, anybody got any bearing and or rods they could bring to the meet? let me know.

Hey guys. I will try to slide by for some wings a couple of beers and to meet people i did not meet at Winterfest.

I got no rods man but if you got a knock maybe its time for a rebuild...you know what im sayin. I got a whole motor for you =) and by the way, Im bringing your carport with me this time.

lol, yea, i looked on ebay, complete rebuild kit is 400 bucks give or take a few, used junk yard block back home about 500-600. i would like to rebuild. ill do a jury rig to make it to Pittsburgh though. carport, ill let you know before the weekend, if i have to replace something expensive im not going to have cash for it. ill know tomorrow, dropping oil pan, looking at everything, and checking the bell housing too. maybe something is loose, ill let oyu know before friday.

lol, yea, i looked on ebay, complete rebuild kit is 400 bucks give or take a few, used junk yard block back home about 500-600. i would like to rebuild. ill do a jury rig to make it to Pittsburgh though. carport, ill let you know before the weekend, if i have to replace something expensive im not going to have cash for it. ill know tomorrow, dropping oil pan, looking at everything, and checking the bell housing too. maybe something is loose, ill let oyu know before friday.

FYI take off that trans cover on the front near the oil pan, and look in there for any debris or rocks. A friend of mine got a truck for pretty doggone cheap because the P.O. thought it was a rod knock......turned out to be some small rocks about the size of marbles in there. After those were removed, it ran smooth as silk. So before you go fearing the worse, check that. :wave1: I've also heard of people findingj actual coin money in the oil pan. That was the source of their strange noise as well. You never know what you'll find when you pull covers and pans.

Oh and as for the M&G this Saturday, I would love to make it but I have to work and the BIG UFC 111 is on too.

going to Cliff's on saturday, March 27th, if anyone feels like joining me

saturday the 27th, one oclock at buffalo Wild Wings at 361 West Townline Road, Vernon Hills. se you all there! rev, are you going to make it?

dropped trans pan, ripped the entire damn dipstick out trying to separate them, but nothing in there, ran trans oil and motor oil though paint filters and nothing, i took the fly wheel cover plate off looked in there best as i could with a borescope and nothing. my dad said once he had a converter bolt loose and had the same problem, dropping the oil pan tomorrow, checking rods. I droped back to a 10w30 from a 20w50, and its gotten louder, makes me think valve. but ill know soon enough, ill let everybody know when im looking for a engine

Back