• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NFG Cherokee

Wwildman

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have been out of the game for a while but finally got a good beater For Free
1990 Rennix XJ Welded Front and rear , 33's 1/4 tread FTW I will let the pic's speak for themselves

Last edited:
List of what I need to do
1. fix freeze plug.(Done )
2. Replace fuel pump get weak after 20 minutes
3. Build a front bumper be done with that this weekend
4. might fix some of the wiring .

That right there is the definition of "rode hard and put up wet".

Can't beat free.

List of what I need to do
1. fix freeze plug.(Done )
2. Replace fuel pump get weak after 20 minutes
3. Build a front bumper be done with that this weekend
4. might fix some of the wiring .
Ok after further inspection I need to definitely fix the electrical system.
I have a front bumper almost done. I am also going to pick up a header pannel with lights for the front and might add some door bars

Ok I have picked up a header panel and I am thinking of adding door bars. Here is a idea for door bars and I would like some input on more tube work

Add more steel..... lots more. Door bars is a good start.

Where else would you add steel ?

It's hard to tell what is where in these pictures butt..... Looks to me like the front tubes don't even go to the floor. I'd address that before beating on it too much. I'd definitely do what Andy said on the x. I'd also add something to the back to support where the shackle is mounted. Some form of spreader and windshield bar too. What is up top? I'd add an x there too. Only reason I don't have all this is my cage was to add to the unibody. If I ever cut it I'd add lots of tube.

Here is a top view without the cover

Here is a pic of where the front bars go in to where the A-pillar use to be it actually ties in at the door hinge and is welded behind the fender.

Here is a top view without the cover

Here is a pic of where the front bars go in to where the A-pillar use to be it actually ties in at the door hinge and is welded behind the fender.

I would add to the roof some cross bars and I'd try and figure out a way to add to that front bar. I would be worried in a hard roll that being ripped off. Does it go all the way to the rocker under the fender?

The front goes down about 12 inches into and behind the fenders. I do plan on adding cross bars

Back