• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie - Just got an MJ

i pulled the whole trans.

Take any pics?

You should come by tonight and we can test out the shifter and fit the bumper brackets and start a design.

I am a little behind on these but here we go.....

A conversion to an open system was necessary. I had a spare radiator so converting it was pretty easy. We did need a bottle of which we got from the local parts house.

IMG_2782Medium.jpg

The alternator that was in there was cracked REALLY bad. Thanks to Sequoia, Beamer got and installed a functioning alternator.

IMG_2990Medium.jpg

We sent off a PS pump to PSC for a rebuild and mods for higher pressure. Came back all purdy.

IMG_2781Medium.jpg

Finally after a tip from a fellow Naxja member, Beamer got OEM bumper brackets and got them installed.

IMG_2986Medium.jpg

That prompted the building of a rear bumper

IMG_2992Medium.jpg

and completion

DSC09245Medium.jpg
(file photo)

Finally, after two days of prep work, the MJ is actually primered all up. There still needs to be a lot more wet sanding done and filler work but to see it in a single color is very sweet. :thumbup:

IMG_6155Medium.jpg

sure is a purdy mj. nice to meet you beamer and thanks cracker for doing some welding for me!

get that man a full face shield... I've seen too many 4.5" wheels separate at 5000rpm....

other than that: good work. whats the word on the front frame plating?

it was awfully nice to walk out to a truck that wasn't sporting the full rainbow this morning!

I was told i missed out on quite the work party. Wish i could have made it out. Lord knows i need a rear bumper built for the heep. Looking good Beamer. Keep it up!

sure is a purdy mj. nice to meet you beamer and thanks cracker for doing some welding for me!

No problem. Next time don't bring me expired soda though :gee:

other than that: good work. whats the word on the front frame plating?

As the MJ build product manager, I have decided to do the poly performance three link brackets that will partially plate the frame and save some work and time as we only have to partially plate the rest of the frame rail (fore and aft of the bracket).

PPM-8230-Jeep-XJ-Front-Long-Arm-Bracket-Kit-D1-400.jpg

PPM-8230-Jeep-XJ-Front-Long-Arm-Bracket-Kit-D6-400.jpg

PPM-8230-Jeep-XJ-Front-Long-Arm-Bracket-Kit-D7-400.jpg

PPM-8230-D4-400.jpg

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop...ep-XJ-Front-Long-Arm-Bracket-Kit-p-20680.html

We also have a new front axle. The current one is bent and we will be pulling it out and replacing it with a 44 to match all at the same time and also make the control arms ourselves. Pictures to come.

I was told i missed out on quite the work party. Wish i could have made it out. Lord knows i need a rear bumper built for the heep. Looking good Beamer. Keep it up!

You want to make your own rear bumper? This should be good.....

You want to make your own rear bumper? This should be good.....

Yeah, it should... with your help of course... oh and ill bring the porta pooper so you dont have to send me to Burger King or have me shit next Russ's XJ :p

Those pics of Beamers 3 link, is that what you were referring to as the mid arms?

Wait, i thought you said Long Arms where gay... :p

Last edited:
I like that 3 link kit...I'm not a fan of curved arms... but if you're gonna make your own you can make straight ones and run Johnny Joints on both ends :D

carry on.

So we need a front axle since the D30 was bent.

Figured we'd make a nice little three link with this on the other end of the links.

2011-03-09_20-47-52_369.jpg

doesn't he know the rules... you have to update at least once a month

Back