• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie - Just got an MJ

If his was a budget build then what the hell was mine? :p

Yours was 'budget' but we spent to accomodate your long term axle needs.

Beamer has a lot more money to spend. We need to gear/lock and convert it to 4WD still and now he is talking about biting the bullet and getting an Atlas. :D

Yours was 'budget' but we spent to accomodate your long term axle needs.

Beamer has a lot more money to spend. We need to gear/lock and convert it to 4WD still and now he is talking about biting the bullet and getting an Atlas. :D

Yeah, i know :p

Tell him to bite it already... that is.. my.... XXXXX

thanks to every one who bought the take offs. softens the sting on the wallet. still quite a ways to go before she is 4x4. next step is getting the front sway back on, then gearing locking and custom six lug shafts for the rear 8.8. if any one has a front locker for a low pinion 44 or a carrier that will handle 4.56s i am looking.

Well. Lots of progress has been made but in quite the most odd order......

Got the three link all done as well as got the frame rails all plated
IMG_7517.jpg

Got the front Dana 44 in there
IMG_7520-1.jpg

Gave a little boost to the front end so it sits a tad taller now
IMG_7521-1.jpg

Got the front end geared, air locked and now has the locking hubs on it.
IMG_7516.jpg

Gear and air locked the rear axle as well and also got Moser alloy shafts/rotors/wheels to match the front axle bolt pattern
IMG_7514.jpg

Mostly done with the rock sliders. Just need to cap them and burn them in.
IMG_7513.jpg

So, now he has a rear bumper, axles ready to go front and rear with gears and locker, rock sliders (almost done), AND HE IS STILL ONLY 2WD!!!!

I vote you get some more pics of that track bar and drag link setup...

I vote you get some more pics of that track bar and drag link setup...

There is only one pic. The DL/TB are about the same length and angle. It will be less of an angle after he gets the high steer on.

There is only one pic. The DL/TB are about the same length and angle. It will be less of an angle after he gets the high steer on.

I'm more concerned with the bracketry, etc on the TB. thats pretty much the exact histeer setup I want to run on my 30. with heims of course:roll:

I'm more concerned with the bracketry, etc on the TB. thats pretty much the exact histeer setup I want to run on my 30. with heims of course:roll:

concerned with his track bar bracket? The frame side is a RE HD bracket and the axle side is 2x4" 0.25. The track bar itself is a modified RE HD track bar with a 3/4" rod end at the axle end.

If he hadn't had the RE HD bracket and track bar, we would have made our own using rod ends on both ends but we made his RE stuff work out and it actually works out pretty well.

This is the track bar bracket before it was welded to the axle

2011-07-06_18-58-44_620.jpg

This is Julio's 44 with basically the same set up but with the high steer hooked up as well with a modified RE HD track bar and the RE Track Bar bracket.

2011-06-21_20-05-25_743.jpg

thats what I'm talking about. looks really good. I'm swapping some chromo stuff with vanco brakes and a hub kit and now I have the necessary inspiration for my TB bracket :D

thanks.

of course mine may be shorter because I am running a lot less lift than Beamer.

Beamer made some progress this weekend. He finally finished all the supports for the rock sliders. He tested his rear air locker (he got it used) and it held pressure for 5 hours :)

Thanks to Karstic, he got a carpet from a late model XJ and cut and fit it for the MJ:

2011-09-05_13-32-14_295.jpg

He also repaired his broken bench seat. :D

2011-09-05_13-32-01_53.jpg

Now that it's fixed-ed can we swap? :p

Cool beans on the progress. I need to address some things that irritate me on my Rig. One of them being the spot where it gets stupid hot right behind the passenger seat above where the Muffler sits. Last time it smelled really bad when i drove out to Forrest falls and some smoke was coming from it. I threw some water on the carpet and all it did was steam it right off. No bueno! Other than that i want to add some leafs to the pack as it finally settled and it sits a tad lower still in the rear.

Now that it's fixed-ed can we swap? :p

Cool beans on the progress. I need to address some things that irritate me on my Rig. One of them being the spot where it gets stupid hot right behind the passenger seat above where the Muffler sits. Last time it smelled really bad when i drove out to Forrest falls and some smoke was coming from it. I threw some water on the carpet and all it did was steam it right off. No bueno! Other than that i want to add some leafs to the pack as it finally settled and it sits a tad lower still in the rear.

The cat probably got pushed up into the floor closer than it should be. I have some insulation for under your carpet that will help as well.

Back