• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie - Just got an MJ

The attempt it to try 4.10s on 33s but we'll see.

that seems a little light....

if you are going to regear you might as well go as deep as you can. 4.56 or even 4.88 would be sweet with 33"s.

even with an ax-15 most guys I have wheeled with are happier the deeper they go.

Well.

Thanks to James Provencher, we got a HP vacuum disco axle but when we got home because of some ridiculous axle swapping going on here with Mateo, we had the opportunity to trade it for a non vacuum disco axle with 4.10 gears (open carrier).

The axle was FILTHY so beamer spent the morning cleaning it and painted it up...
IMG_2454Medium.jpg

We are in the process of pulling the 2WD beam out now...

IMG_2453Medium.jpg

and we coated the floor that was repaired with floor sealant....
IMG_2455Medium.jpg

4.0l 4.10 33" tires 5speed manual is a great combo for street driving. That's what my dad's xj has, it gets up and goes..

This is what we were thinking and it would be the cheapest way out for us right now. This will be a daily driver so that might do him well.

that seems a little light....

if you are going to regear you might as well go as deep as you can. 4.56 or even 4.88 would be sweet with 33"s.

even with an ax-15 most guys I have wheeled with are happier the deeper they go.

We know the deeper the better but we are also considering low transfer case options. I run a klune in my MJ and with the additional wheelbase the MJ can take a doubler easily with a driveline that is still longer than an XJ. I want to do some digging into what all of our budget options are but for now and to start we'll be trying it out with 3.73s.

I know Beamer plans on driving it on the street and probably hauling all of his tools and lumber with it so having a little extra throttle response might be nice :D

3.73"s will be fine.

and I'd love to see a t-case doubler in that thing.... 6:1 yes:shhh:

front axle in...
IMG_2458Medium.jpg

IMG_2462Medium.jpg

And Beamer had his first carnage...
IMG_2464Medium.jpg

backed over the jack stand (it was being used as a tire chock) crazy jim still has the track bar and bracket.Were supposed to see it some time this week.

driving without a track bar is probably not a good idea :dunce:

you going double shear or stock style?

Dang, you guys are just pushing on through with this build, i need to come hang with you fellas. Keep up the good work.

I am a slave driver.

driving without a track bar is probably not a good idea :dunce:

you going double shear or stock style?

Highly overrated. I drove from Big Bear home without one once :gee:

It is supposed to be a RE extreme duty track bar and bracket.

Back