• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Yukon Zip Locker

We can't make everyone happy, and sorry you feel that way about our practices. The fact of the matter is, as more and more axle businesses disappear, Randy's is progressing. When was the last time you saw a new locker, or lockers for that fact on the market. As I have already explained, Randy's is the INDUSTRY leader in differentials. We don't just come up with random junk to throw on the market. These units have been tested, engineered, changed, and changed again to make the best possible air operated locker. Some people have a brand loyalty and can't be changed, just the way things are. Don't bash the products unless you've personally tried them. And that I have done.
i don't feel that i have bashed a product by jumping on a bandwagon. i feel that i have researched and investigated thoroughly the two products and companies, and offered an opinion based on that. I have had a very positive experience with both companies. I based my post on information at hand, not hearsay.

how about you pimp your product some, and strictly from a user since you have one, not an employee, i don't want you to fall in some sort of forum vendor rule:

• what makes it better other than price?
  • what actually comes in the box?
  • are you offering a compressor?
  • what comes with the compressor?
  • Specs on said compressor, price, CFM@ 0 and 90 PSI, duty cycle?
  • Is there a warranty?
  • Are there any conditions on said warranty, specifics like tire size limitations?
  • can we buy parts individually?
  • do you offer exploded diagrams with part numbers so we can easily order parts? (switches, solenoids, fittings)
  • what are the bulkhead fittings on the axle housing (ARB has gone through several versions, wondering what you ended up with, exploded diagram would help in this regard)
  • what kind of air lines are supplied?

Last edited:
I think you're reading into this too much man honestly. I asked if there any opinions, and put out some info on them. There will be many applications that we will carry. D44, M35, T8, and D30 are the first couple we will have available.

how am i reading into too much? you asked a question about a product that your associated with, without identifing yourself.

read your first post: "Have you guys seen the new Yukon Zip locker? It's an air operated locker just introduced onto the market by Yukon. Any feedback or opinions on this?"

why not come right out and say you work for yukon? instead you ask as if you know NOTHING about it.

i don't feel that i have bashed a product by jumping on a bandwagon. i feel that i have researched and investigated thoroughly the two products and companies, and offered an opinion based on that. I have had a very positive experience with both companies. I based my post on information at hand, not hearsay.

how about you pimp your product some, and strictly from a user since you have one, not an employee, i don't want you to fall in some sort of forum vendor rule:

• what makes it better other than price?
  • what actually comes in the box?
  • are you offering a compressor?
  • what comes with the compressor?
  • Specs on said compressor, price, CFM@ 0 and 90 PSI, duty cycle?
  • Is there a warranty?
  • Are there any conditions on said warranty, specifics like tire size limitations?
  • can we buy parts individually?
  • do you offer exploded diagrams with part numbers so we can easily order parts? (switches, solenoids, fittings)
  • what are the bulkhead fittings on the axle housing (ARB has gone through several versions, wondering what you ended up with, exploded diagram would help in this regard)
  • what kind of air lines are supplied?

X2. I'd like to know more about it. Does it come with the air line, seal housing, bulkhead fittings, switch & solenoid?

X2. I'd like to know more about it. Does it come with the air line, seal housing, bulkhead fittings, switch & solenoid?

I recently opened up one of these new lockers and it comes with everything listed above similar to the ARB. Most of the components are also compatible with the ARB stuff such as the air line, switch, and solenoid so you can make them work with your current ARB compressor or parts.

We can't make everyone happy, and sorry you feel that way about our practices. The fact of the matter is, as more and more axle businesses disappear, Randy's is progressing. When was the last time you saw a new locker, or lockers for that fact on the market. As I have already explained, Randy's is the INDUSTRY leader in differentials. We don't just come up with random junk to throw on the market. These units have been tested, engineered, changed, and changed again to make the best possible air operated locker. Some people have a brand loyalty and can't be changed, just the way things are. Don't bash the products unless you've personally tried them. And that I have done.
And again no info. People are asking you for info. Data, specific info, etc. You working for the company telling us this locker is great doesn't hold water. Show reasons why it's great, why is it better than ARB, besides being $50 cheaper.

I have to say there are about the most negative posts here to a new product I have ever seen. Which is very suprising because the people making the negative comments have not ever seen or tested one of these lockers.

But whatever, flame on if it rocks your wooden boat! :)

I will gladly test a locker btw! :D

I have to say there are about the most negative posts here to a new product I have ever seen. Which is very suprising because the people making the negative comments have not ever seen or tested one of these lockers.

But whatever, flame on if it rocks your wooden boat! :)

I will gladly test a locker btw! :D

Exactly you guys are bashing this and all he wanted to do was get some feed back on a product that is NEW, just because ARB has made a great name for them selves does not mean that another company can't come in and make a product that is very similar in looks and performance. If these lockers are good only time will tell. I would totally keep them in mind for my locker decision.

i am not bashing the product, nor was anyone else, the criticism or bashing, as you call it, is towords Matt98XJ for not giving details about the product and the way he asked a very simple question.

all people want are some more details other then price.

sorry i still have a problem with him acting as if he knew nothing about the locker or the company in his first couple of posts. for me, price is not the only factor when deciding on buying a product.

i am not bashing the product, nor was anyone else, the criticism or bashing, as you call it, is towords Matt98XJ for not giving details about the product and the way he asked a very simple question.

all people want are some more details other then price.

sorry i still have a problem with him acting as if he knew nothing about the locker or the company in his first couple of posts. for me, price is not the only factor when deciding on buying a product.
i haven't bashed the product either. matter of fact, having a product on the market like this will hopefully LOWER the price of ARBs. Capitalism at its best.

All I want is specifics, because their website has NOTHING, the posts on forums by their employees has NO information (both here and pirate.) I have another jeep that is going to need lockers eventually, and if this product ends up as being as awesome as it is made out to be, and it is available for the axles i will use, i will probably get one.

i haven't bashed the product either. matter of fact, having a product on the market like this will hopefully LOWER the price of ARBs. Capitalism at its best.

All I want is specifics, because their website has NOTHING, the posts on forums by their employees has NO information (both here and pirate.) I have another jeep that is going to need lockers eventually, and if this product ends up as being as awesome as it is made out to be, and it is available for the axles i will use, i will probably get one.

x2, we just want facts/pics/data, anything but hearsay...

Relax guys. We'll have the info soon. One of our large wholesalers, alljeep.com will be doing a full installation, and review on these soon. We have video as well of these lockers maxing out our axle breaker and snapping hardened shafts with zero damage to any part of the locker. All the hardware comes with the locker, and we will also have compressors available. As soon as I get all the info gathered it will be posted.

Relax guys. We'll have the info soon. One of our large wholesalers, alljeep.com will be doing a full installation, and review on these soon. We have video as well of these lockers maxing out our axle breaker and snapping hardened shafts with zero damage to any part of the locker. All the hardware comes with the locker, and we will also have compressors available. As soon as I get all the info gathered it will be posted.

that install is going in my jeep! I'll be taking the pics and helping with the write up!

werd.gif

When did these become available to the public? And for which axles? How many have sold so far?

Forgive me if I'm jumping to conclusions, but I don't think you were looking for feedback at all. I think you were trying to build hype and make sales for a product that you and the company are not even prepared to answer questions about.

Billy

You guys are bickering like children over nothing.:twak: I'd like to see some more info on this product as soon as it's available, thanks. (example of a mature response):dunno:

You guys are bickering like children over nothing.:twak: I'd like to see some more info on this product as soon as it's available, thanks. (example of a mature response):dunno:

Its NAXJA thats what we do here! :D If the locker is good i'm sure it will get bought and installed in many rigs but the way he came off at the beginning is what has everyone going.

Again who cares, really:rattle: Give the guy a chance to get the info out. We all know Yukon puts out top quality products so this bullshit over semantics is really stupid. I mean really?:speepin::speepin:

Again who cares, really:rattle: Give the guy a chance to get the info out. We all know Yukon puts out top quality products so this bullshit over semantics is really stupid. I mean really?:speepin::speepin:

Yeah it happens! :D I don't really care because lockers are FAR down the list for my Jeep! :cheers:

Back