• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Yukon Zip Locker

All new products get the same flack. Randy's is the industry leader in differential parts, products and knowledge. Give it time my man, give it time.

I've already talked to Cal about getting a sponsorship. Still working on it. We give product away on Pirate all the time though. Stay tuned for more info. Any questions on this, call me at Randy's at x5507. Matt

Time will tell,.....Personally i have two ARBs and no complaints, but cant wait to see what people think about these.

:rolleyes: Yeah have fun with adjusting that cable all the time and with it failing to engage because of it.

:bs:I have had my OX for over a year now and have not had to adjust crap.................. It has NEVER let me down!! You can put down the pipe, to much crack will fry your brain!!

:bs:I have had my OX for over a year now and have not had to adjust crap.................. It has NEVER let me down!! You can put down the pipe, to much crack will fry your brain!!

Can we refrain from childish slander just cause your view point doesnt match with another?

Ive been on the trail with 3 different rigs equipped with OX lockers and everyone had problems engaging their lockers because of the cable.

Ive heard that when they finally get set correctly theyre not too much of a problem but untill then theyre a pain.

Can we refrain from childish slander just cause your view point doesnt match with another?

Ive been on the trail with 3 different rigs equipped with OX lockers and everyone had problems engaging their lockers because of the cable.

Ive heard that when they finally get set correctly theyre not too much of a problem but untill then theyre a pain.

Who's view point............... Yours???? Yeah, ok!! Viewpoints are like bungholes we ALL have them and they all stink!!! The problem with an OX is usually user error, not product quality!! OX= :thumbup:

Any plans for this locker to be made for 8.8s?

They are not the chinese air lockers.
They are a mix of overseas and domestically produced components.
from here

can you tell us what components are made "overseas" and in which "overseas" country?

I know ARB is made "overseas" but i know exactly which country. never had to deal with Randys on a warranty issue, but dealing with ARB on replacement parts (e-bay used purchase, not a breakage) they were more than helpful, and had my parts right away. even talked to an engineer directly on install help even when they knew it was a used part and i was not the original owner, the just wanted me to be happy.

you planning on selling compressors or solenoids or fittings cheaper? why can't i find them on your website? why are all of your zip lockers listed out of stock, and why do you use the ARB keyword on the listing for your lockers? that has to be in violation of some sort of agreement with ARB, using their name to sell your product.

i also see that Randys is using the case design that ARB redesigned because the bolts holding the case halves together would back out and the case would seperate. look at the exploded diagram of a RD30 vs RD100

so far, off to a bad start. it is a shame your gears are so good, and you just bought warn axles, your business practices just put a bad taste in my mouth

i also see that Randys is using the case design that ARB redesigned because the bolts holding the case halves together would back out and the case would seperate. look at the exploded diagram of a RD30 vs RD100

The way it was explained to me is that when running LARGE tires with the old case design, the housings would flex slightly...which is what leads to the locker case flexing...which in turn cause the bolts to back out. The air lockers weren't designed for the type of use with LARGE tires like we do here. Imagine a place where heavy mods to the vehicle either aren't common or aren't legal. Running an old case design on 31s isn't going to cause problems like it will with 33-35" tires. I have plenty of customers still running the old style and they work just fine.

I'm not sticking up for RRP and that 'Zip Locker' design, I'm just trying to clarify what ARB engineers explained. If it were truly a bad design, they'd recall them and/or stop supporting. They still make replacement parts for and will still rebuild the old ones. :)

I have installed an OX and I will admit it takes some time and attention to detail to get it adjusted to where it operates smoothly, but when it is adjusted right it should work trouble free for a very long time. It is all too common for people to screw up the installation of some part they bought then bash the manufacturer on the web. If I had the money it would be OX all the way.

Have you guys seen the new Yukon Zip locker? It's an air operated locker just introduced onto the market by Yukon. Any feedback or opinions on this?

Nobody has seen or used these? They're great units. I personally tested one in my jeep for over a year with zero issues, and they can be purchased for about $75-100 cheaper than an ARB. D44, and D30 available right now, with many more applications on the way.

It's easy. They are new because they just hit the market. I've tested them for over a year because I work there. They have to be tested before released as you know. I asked for feedback because we have sold a lot of them already, and was curious if anyone on here has ran them and what they thought. Anyone have any feedback?

maybe you should have identified who you were and who you work for before asking these questions. your first couple of posts made it look like you where some average joe asking about a locker.

how about,

hey guys, my name is.. and i work for..... we recently developed a new locker, the......., and i was wondering if any of you heard of it and if any where using it? if you did, what are your opinions of its operation and do you have any coments on the product.

now if this not allowed because your not an official vendor, then you tried to go around the system. if so, it doesnt say much for your credability. if this isnt the case, then i apoligize.

sorry, im just having a hard time understanding why you asked the question the way you did knowing you work for yukon.:dunno:

:rolleyes: Yeah have fun with adjusting that cable all the time and with it failing to engage because of it.
Have fun believing everything you read.
I have OX front and rear. I adjusted each one once when I first installed them. Its really not hard to adjust a simple cable like that. I then used Loctite, like the directions tell you to, and I have not once needed to adjust them, or once had them not engage.

The only times I've read about OX not engaging, has been when people say "I hear they don't engage all the time, and the cables are hard to adjust, blah blah blah." I have not once read someone who actually has an OX say they have had any problems with the cable.

I think almost every time I've been on a trailride with someone who has ARB (almost everyone in my old club had them) there has been at least one person who has lost locker capabilities due to air compressor issues, or air line issues. (don't say go to SS lines, because thats what they run).

The problem with an OX is usually user error, not product quality!! OX= :thumbup:
Completely agree.

maybe you should have identified who you were and who you work for before asking these questions. your first couple of posts made it look like you where some average joe asking about a locker.
X2

Last edited:

how about,

hey guys, my name is.. and i work for..... we recently developed a new locker, the......., and i was wondering if any of you heard of it and if any where using it? if you did, what are your opinions of its operation and do you have any coments on the product.

now if this not allowed because your not an official vendor, then you tried to go around the system. if so, it doesnt say much for your credability. if this isnt the case, then i apoligize.

sorry, im just having a hard time understanding why you asked the question the way you did knowing you work for yukon.:dunno:

I think you're reading into this too much man honestly. I asked if there any opinions, and put out some info on them. There will be many applications that we will carry. D44, M35, T8, and D30 are the first couple we will have available.

from here

can you tell us what components are made "overseas" and in which "overseas" country?

I know ARB is made "overseas" but i know exactly which country. never had to deal with Randys on a warranty issue, but dealing with ARB on replacement parts (e-bay used purchase, not a breakage) they were more than helpful, and had my parts right away. even talked to an engineer directly on install help even when they knew it was a used part and i was not the original owner, the just wanted me to be happy.

you planning on selling compressors or solenoids or fittings cheaper? why can't i find them on your website? why are all of your zip lockers listed out of stock, and why do you use the ARB keyword on the listing for your lockers? that has to be in violation of some sort of agreement with ARB, using their name to sell your product.

so far, off to a bad start. it is a shame your gears are so good, and you just bought warn axles, your business practices just put a bad taste in my mouth

We can't make everyone happy, and sorry you feel that way about our practices. The fact of the matter is, as more and more axle businesses disappear, Randy's is progressing. When was the last time you saw a new locker, or lockers for that fact on the market. As I have already explained, Randy's is the INDUSTRY leader in differentials. We don't just come up with random junk to throw on the market. These units have been tested, engineered, changed, and changed again to make the best possible air operated locker. Some people have a brand loyalty and can't be changed, just the way things are. Don't bash the products unless you've personally tried them. And that I have done.

{Quote> Don't bash the products unless you've personally tried them. And that I have done. } End Quote

I see alot of this on here..If i could afford to buy 1 i would..But alot of these guys are sheep, by this i mean they say (I hear it is crap) so they jump on the wagon to bash things..But what they hear is alot of BS, scared of the unknown

I dunno, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth too. It is how you approached it. You didn't give full disclosure in the original post and have been trying to promote/defend these products that you don't have any data to back up. Like others have said it seems like you are putting the cart before the horse. Plus the fact that you joined these forums over 5 years ago and still have a black name...

Back