• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Tires - You Choose!

Which Tire Should I Get?

• Total voters
You may also want to look at Dick Cepek Fun-Country II. It's more of an all-terrain/mud-terrain hybrid. Would be my choice, if I were given the chance to make one.

They are on! They are extremely quiet on the highway compared to my TSL's. They ride real soft .. Jeep rides like a Caddy again. They have been good in the snow so far as well.

Will post photos later.

So far I've put 350 miles on these tires. 348 of these miles have been on-road, including snow and ice. No rain experiences yet. They ride real nice and smooth on the highway and are very quiet. There is a little noise around 45-55 MPH, but nothing compared to my old TSL's. It feels like my Jeep is stock again.

Off-road these things hooked like slicks at the track. 2WD through mud they pulled hard (I am open front/rear). In 4WD they threw mud all over the place .. clearing the tires and getting me through it no problem.

Here's a few photos of them mounted on my rig:

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

Yeah man MTZ were a good choice. I had TRXus MTs and for a DD they suck, there is a reason why they are so cheap and having 10lbs of wheel weights on each is one of them.

sharpie1k said:
you got the hoop, I see ;)

god, I am a picwhore.

Yes I did. Looks much better with the hoop. And don't worry, I'm a photo whore as well. It's bad! :(

ZachMan said:
Yeah man MTZ were a good choice. I had TRXus MTs and for a DD they suck, there is a reason why they are so cheap and having 10lbs of wheel weights on each is one of them.

I am definitely happy with these. Then again, like I've said, I came over from Bias Ply TSL's... so... uhm.. anything is better on-road than they are!

I balanced the TSL's myself. They were a good 6-8 oz off on each side. It was bad. These ones didn't even get balanced and they're great. I've been on the highway up and over .. well.. we won't go there in print ;-)

TrXus! I've had them in 31 1050 and 33 1250 and loved them both. Great for wheeling and on road, snow, rain, anything they trek right through it. They've treated me well aired down as well.

Andrew
BTW decent wear too...31s didn't have trouble balancing 33s have 11oz internal BBs.

Would've gone with the Trxus but there is a 2-3 month B/O on the 33's I wanted. Of course.. a day after I got my MTZ's, a buddy is selling his 33" Trxus for $100/tire... with 95% tread.. go figure.

I'm looking at the MTZ's as well. My other choice would be the MT/R's, but they seem to cost much more.

I currently run the 33X13.50X15 LTB's on 15X8's for offroad and then swap on my 32X11.50X15 Sport King A/T's on the stock 5 star rims for DD duty, but I'm sick of swapping them. Plus I am going to be using the XJ for a work vehicle and I need to get some decals on the windows, it needs to look respectable until I can afford a full time work vehcile. The MTZ's would look good on a set of 15X8" Calssic II alloys....

The LTB's seem to be the most aggressive offroad tire besides the Bogger, they are awesome but wear fast!

I'd go Trxus, with Mickey's in a close second. I'm running 33's in trxus and I do about 200miles a day commuting, plus Offroad mud pits about twice every week. Very happy and my tires were $130 a piece.

Spaz said:
I'd go Trxus, with Mickey's in a close second. I'm running 33's in trxus and I do about 200miles a day commuting, plus Offroad mud pits about twice every week. Very happy and my tires were $130 a piece.

Well Spaz, I hope you're happy because I'me going the route of the Trxus.

Only because they are $50 cheaper per tire and I have seen them on trail alot and I know so much about them. They wear a little fast on road IMO and I do have have a Powertrax in the rear which won't help that issue, but it's a mud tire, right? :) I just wanted to try something a little different...be somewhat original...ish

hey, my name is matt. seen that you are running the 33 trxus mt. i am considering those, and was wondering what you think of them, as well as what conditions you run them in. i appreciate any input. thanks

WheelinJR said:
poop on those tires

I vote for a good old bfg mt

i have 33 trxus mt they are great i do about 80 miles a day on the interstate and go in some pretty deep mud have no problems.

GhostDakota said:
JeepingSingles.net

Not to hijack, but OMG! There is actually a website for single Jeepers?! Thank you Lord! I had no idea something like that existed! :yelclap:

I voted other. Cooper STTs get my vote. It's what I'm running now and I couldn't be happier. Quiet and handle well on the street, effective offroad and wearing very well. I've got ~15k on this set and they are about 25%- 30% gone. My next set will be STTs, just 1 size bigger.

From your driving style, I'd say these seem best suited (road use wise)

GhostDakota said:
So my 33x13.50x15" LTB/TSL's are running bald. I am going to get a new set of tires. I drive on the highway/road every day .. lots of miles. I do drive faster than I should... *cough cough*, so running these TSL's are kind of scary as they are bias ply tires and shouldn't really be run over 70 MPH. These tires, even bald, have pulled me through some crazy stuff.

I do MUD... lots of mud, trails, sand, hill climbs and SOME rocks.

-33x12.50x15" Mickey Thompson MTZ Radials:
baja_mtz_trad.jpg

Back