• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Guy in B'Ham

Jables01

NAXJA Forum User
Didn't see anywhere else to do an intro type thread. So hope this works. Names Justin. Not new to the forum.. Have been lurking around for a year or so and have since lost my old screen name. Im about to hopefully purchase a 99 XJ this upcoming weekend. Have had a couple jeeps in the past but am finally to a point where i may be able to afford another..
Thanks again everyone for the wealth of info on here. Have enjoyed every day here.

Welcome back. Once a Jeepaholic always a Jeepaholic. It's not personal it's just the facts!!

welcome back!

COOL!! Welcome back, Bham here also. What part of town? 459/Acton Rd area for me. Another guy on here ChuckstrPT is pretty close to me. Did you get the XJ/still thinking about it? I hope so! Me and ol' Chuckstr need some wrenching partners! He's pretty weak and OLD!!
Take care hope to hear from you soon

BTW: There was a red 89' for sale up the road from me 4-5 days ago. Haven't seen it lately. D44, IIRC 155K, Interior pretty rough, also had a Haynes manual in the back...that could be good or bad! I stopped and looked at it but no one was home to drive it/look under the hood. Slight fluid leaks on the driveway....oil. I was going to post it here if it was worth it. I THINK it was either $1,500 or $1,800. Let me know and i'll investigate futher.
I think that's high....my 91 was $500

Last edited:
Well shoot, keep me in the loop and Id be more than happy to come on up and help you two wench! ChuckstrPT is pretty weak and old :moon: ! Oh and Jables01, welcome aboard!

Awesome.. 459/Acton for me as too. Small world isn't is. Im still trying to get rid of my daily so i can pick one up but if you come across something feel free to forward me some information.
As for needing a wrenching partner just let me know! Id be down for working anytime.

Thanks again guys for the warm welcome!

Sure thing.....got your PM, that's pretty funny about your location. I guess ChuckstrPT is working hard, haven't seen him in a few weeks. He usually will defend himself on the boards when we pick on him!!
Keep us updated on that Craigslist we'll go check it out with ChuckstrPT...he's like Mythbusters...."he's what you call expert"

Me and ol' Chuckstr need some wrenching partners! He's pretty weak and OLD!!
:scared:Old....hmmm...gettting there.....Weak....hmmm...maybe more of an endurance thing....12hrs of wrenching did take it's tol.
I THINK it was either $1,500 or $1,800. Let me know and i'll investigate futher.
I think that's high....my 91 was $500
Yeh, 500 bucks...That needs to be qualified....did ya tell them that your mommy took care of it for the first 18 years of it's life....:gag:
As for expert....I don't think so....maybe just more experience...oh, wait, you did mention old didn't you:shhh:

Back on Topic.....Welcome to the krew...good to have another XJ nearby! Maybe it's getting time for a Meet and Greet in The 'ham?? OR more Wrenchfests:eek:

Back on Topic.....Welcome to the krew...good to have another XJ nearby! Maybe it's getting time for a Meet and Greet in The 'ham?? OR more Wrenchfests:eek:

Im game! We need something to make up for missing CRAWL.

Well im on 459 but on the mccalla side, i would also be glad to help out if i can get away.

Sound good....we need more at time.
Glad you guys are around :us: :us: :us:. Happy 4th all be safe this weekend!!

We've almost got enough for our own Section! We're not back from our cruise yet (typing on Tampa airport...only 5 more hrs til we leave!), but I've got some rails and a rear bumper coming that will need PAINTING and install....anybody good at Painting???:eyes:

We've almost got enough for our own Section! We're not back from our cruise yet (typing on Tampa airport...only 5 more hrs til we leave!), but I've got some rails and a rear bumper coming that will need PAINTING and install....anybody good at Painting???:eyes:

Rattle can dude! Hard to screw it up! Hey Justin whats up with the XJ? I got one yet?

I think we need an area meet and greet....heck, let wheel while were at it!! Anyone interested, i'll set it up:wantyou:

Last weekend of Aug the 29th-30th maybe? Id make the drive.

lemme know where!

Back