• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW Company... NEW Product to the Offroad Market!

Status
Not open for further replies.

97Jeepers

NAXJA Forum User
Well, now I am an official sponsor of the great NAXJA forum.

I am bringing a set of COMPLETE tie rod boots for your jeep.
These are based on a military spec design used on munitions trailers.

The main purpose of the current style tie rod boot being used today is to keep dirt and water away from your nicely greased ball and socket tie rod end.

These boots allow you to eliminate that boot all together and wrap your steering in a 100% silicone boot that is both serviceable and functional.

I ran these through a 72 hour salt spray test with ABSOLUTELY NO infiltration of saltwater into the boot. They seal like a glove!

The pictures below tell the story, I have a set of 4 designed for MY JCR 1 ton steering and will be posting other applications in the coming weeks.

Remember I am still in college so things may not move as fast as I would like and also this is my way of paying for jeep stuff :)

Pricing is to be planned around a set of four for around 85-90 bucks. That includes the stainless steel clamps as well as a tube of silicone RTV to guarantee a water tight seal.

100_0123.jpg

100_0124.jpg

100_0125.jpg

100_0126.jpg

100_0128.jpg

It is mounted on a ES2027L chevy 1/2 ton tie rod end.

I want to hear some feedback and any other tie rod end applications that you would like to see made.

I am also working on a smaller mold to appeal to the guys running stocker tie rod ends as well as the ZJ V8 tie rods.

Any input or interest will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

97Jeepers
A.K.A. Ken Palmer

EcoJeep
Riverton, NJ

cool idea, nice job :)

can i get one in hot pink or maybe a pastel lavender color?

yea its a really good idea...but i run heims is there any future for me to keep crap out other than silicone spray lube

Regarding the grease zerk fitting, it is no longer required as the main reason of the grease is to keep water and dirt/debris out of the joint.
So theoretically if you grease the joints once with a quality-long lasting synthetic grease (such as Lucas Red Sticky Grease or Chevron tec-2) BOOT it and Forget it. I grease them once and cap the grease fitting plug.

I really like this. I HATE having open grease point on my rig. It gets everywhere, and I don't enjoy putting thick grease into the water, and muck we drive in.

Can you get a set for us running the factory draglink, and zj v8 tie rod?

The ends are all the same as the factory end at the pitman arm.

Ill take a look into it, the tapered opening is a bit too big for the ZJ tie rod end. But I am planning a new MOLD thats 30% smaller for you guys running stock or close to stock sized tie rod ends. THIS is all based on people buying these large ones for the 1/2 ton and up steering guys!!! Spread the word, because if I sell these, I will be coming out with STAINLESS STEEL FUEL AND BRAKE LINES FOR YOUR CHEROKEE, NO MORE RUST!

Let me know when you do the stainless steel lines for sure, ESPECIALLY if you have preformed sections for the rear brake line (all the way to the MC, in multiple sections if possible to make it easy to get under the steering shaft) and front right line, I would be extremely interested in those.

Would the fuel lines be just the pressure line, or the pre-97 return line as well? My return line is looking like it'll pop open if I blink, so I need to replace that ASAP.

yea its a really good idea...but i run heims is there any future for me to keep crap out other than silicone spray lube

Could you mold a boot to cover a heim joint?
They would last a lot longer with a grease filled, sealed boot.

These are going up soon in the vendors' advertisements forum page! I have 500 of them in my basement. And I want to sell them as fast as possible to make way for more projects!

They are a universal fit with either a 1/2" hole or a 7/8" hole in the end - cap and are designed to fit 1/2 ton and larger tie rod ends.

Either install the JCR 1 ton kit. Or Teraflex's high steer kit can be optioned with "1/2" ton tie rod ends.
The taper size that everyone calls 1 ton is actually 1/2 ton based on the vehicles the tie rod ends are coming from. (mostly late 70s to late 80s GM Full Size trucks). Now 1 ton trucks (Ford F350, etc) are coming with 1" thread (adjusting thread) tie rod ends, the taper is the same size where it fits into the knuckle and the ball-socket fitting is just larger to handle the side to side load of the bigger vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back