• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new car time......

Just keep it simple and get an older Honda, currently a senior in highschool (graduating in 11 days, sweeeeeeeeeeet) and everyone there has a honda, especially for a daily driver those seem to be a popular choice.

sheesh. why not just tell him to roll up his money into a big cigar and smoke it ...because mid 90s 300z were notorious on repairs.

Personally, I'm still a big fan of the 97-2001 Preludes, but - believe it or not -they weren't too good on gas, and they run premium.

Yeah, I agree about the repair bills. Its a sexy car though, but with a budget of $6k he could probably find one with pretty low miles if he stayed away from the turbo. And I agree about the preludes getting bad mileage, my friend's got 18city/25highway. Pretty bad for a 4-cyl stick

Another thing to look into would be a lexus SC300 or SC400. Also a very nice looking car. Probably a little more reliable than the nissan 300ZX. Slap an Exhaust on the SC400 and it's one of the best sounding motors you'll ever hear. Although, the VW VR6 motor sounds amazing as well.

ok i'll keep on the look out, today i got passed(that happens alot...) by a neon SRT-4. any imput on them? i like dodge and this car looked good.

prelude: somewhat expensive for as old as they are, really nice cars, comfortable ride, handle great, pretty fast, likes when its modded

srt4: hard to find one for 6k last time i check could be wrong though. they are pretty fast stock cheap to mod. simple mopar pcm upgrade and some stage 2 stuff and youll be in pretty good shape against most other daily drives

my recommendation: audi A4. luxury car, turbo'd (some) leather, power, heated, 4 doors so its roomy still handles good. and look pretty sick with some tint wheels and a small drop.

this is a 2002 a4 stock

24885091_1.jpg

haha mustangs... mans car.... hahahahaha

god you must not live around me, only complete tools drive mustangs around here

95% of them are, I agree there.

What's with all the foreign crap? :laugh:

How about a GP GT or GTP? i just bought a coupe pretty cheap, lots of things you can mod, & I can get 30 mpg if I try hard.

2000_GP_777.jpg

thats the problem with you high school kids. you worry more about what people think, than what YOU actually enjoy. sounds like you know what you want to drive so get it and drive. :soapbox: /rant :D

but good luck with it. +1 of VW, im also a fan of audis....... and if a girl will hook up with you only because of the car you drive, you probably dont want to touch her with a 10ft pole.......

Well said... the older I get the less I seem to care about what others think and its awsome not being in the everything sucks crew anymore. I would think twice before getting a Honda, I have had a couple stolen and their really not that fun to work on. Lots of weird things fail on Hondas, I had my clutch pedal actually bend and bust off on my EF. My alternator decayed on my EG and the hood got stuck lol the poor guy that bought it off me said him and his friends had a really hard time getting the hood off. 3 out of 4 of my Hondas got broken into and 2 stolen, my DC2 is still missing actually. I got my XJ after my last Honda got ripped off and promised myself I will never own another non American vehicle.

Get a Mustang throw some pizza cutters on it haha put say $500 maybe $1000 into it and you will be nasty fast.

95218d1270451693-mad-max-interceptor-tribute-interceptor-rear.jpg

I would love to drive this to work everyday... ^^

Last edited:
Ok ill agree on the first part. Dunno if I would consider 14's fast as F**k though....
It was faster than a comparable WRX. It was the 2nd fastest car in the Chrysler lineup (next to the Viper), and stage upgrades were cheap. All of this is moot since -- even in its stock form -- it's allot of power for a young guy to handle.

What's with all the foreign crap? :laugh:
How about a GP GT or GTP? i just bought a coupe pretty cheap, lots of things you can mod, & I can get 30 mpg if I try hard.
That would be a good choice. They're cheap, comfy, and I heard you can hit 13s with a 3" exhaust and smaller pulley (on the GTP). Plus everybody knows GM cars run shitty longer than most other cars run at all.

My buddy bought a civic with 100k and drove it for another 100k without ever changing the oil, just topped it off.

All of this is moot since -- even in its stock form -- it's allot of power for a young guy to handle.

i will agree that 230 horsepower is a upgrade form my jeep but i think i can handle it, i want to be an emt so street racing is strictly out of my rulebook and im not a dumb@ss who's going to go drive his car into a light pole. i live in a hilly area and not having to downshift to 4th and run it up hella high would be nice. i want something with a little nicer drive for a DD but also to go to a speedway and have some fun. 5 speed is a must!!!(wouldnt mind a 6 speed either) i think an 04-05 SRT-4 will be what im looking for.

IM GONNA RUN NOS!!!

just kidding! in anything propane injection:dunce:

i will agree that 230 horsepower is a upgrade form my jeep but i think i can handle it
230hp might not sound like much, but you have to consider that it feels like allot more in a small, light, cheaply made car.

What does this Aussie made Ford Falcon XB have to do with referring him to getting a Mustang? (I'd drive the hell outta that car myself... :D

... and I'd drive the hell outta this
Lord-Humongous-Rides-Again.jpg

damn when i was 17 i drove a purple ford taurus lol. im gonna throw my .02 as someone who works as a mechanic at a shop across the stresst from a high school everyday and know exactly what people your age typically do to a car. dont get any GM products im gonna get shunned for that but really? let it go GM does not make great cars for getting pummled. dont buy a german car they leak oil like a siv starting right at about 60k and its very expensive to fix. unless your actually ballin like that stay away from german cars its all big dollar signs. mustangs are kool i dont care what people say where your from lol. ive got a thing for Fox body mustangs and one done right is art. F-body camaros are a favorite of everyone but insurance is a boner and ur not gonna get any millege gain. what it boils right down to is buy a rice rocket. you can drive them for 300,000 miles and brow beat them and the repair cost are low, insurance is cheap, and gas millege is tits. late 90s early 00s v-tec civic 2-doors are always fun. CRX is ugly but one of the lightest chassis' you can buy and tons of after market support. The car company that really does it for me is Mazda, great cars great look comfortable quite and an absolute blast to drive. but thats my opinion its your money kid

Back