• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Build for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 + Future

Thanks man. Nice. Yeah im looking forward to trying them out. Ive heard alot of good things about them. I picked up the fully welded version. My welds arent quite as nice. I ended up picking up their steering brace in diy though. Hopefully that will turn out ok.

Thanks man. Nice. Yeah im looking forward to trying them out. Ive heard alot of good things about them. I picked up the fully welded version. My welds arent quite as nice. I ended up picking up their steering brace in diy though. Hopefully that will turn out ok.

Just come on down some time if you want to a silly welding party.:kissyou:

Hi Bob,
The shock mounts look good, but I think your going to have some significant "side load" issues with that lower shock mount through the range of travel, and will probably break off the lower eye. If you had run the mounting side/side (as opposed to front/back) for the shock it would have been better. Let me know if you want me to take a pic of my lower shock mounts and text it to you...

A.

Even if the top mount goes the opposite way? I bought the ruff stuff mounts that are designed to mount like that. I guess they are more for go fast kinda stuff.

Last edited:
Even if the top mount goes the opposite way? I bought the ruff stuff mounts that are designed to mount like that. I guess they are more for go fast kinda stuff.

Yes... if you think about the range of travel, the side loads will be significant at (or close to) the extremes. Where is you upper mount mounted? As it turned out, I still broke off the lower shock mount on one of my 7100's, but that was because it wasn't outboarded enough. Let me see if I can get a pic of what I did and text it to you... stay tuned...

A.

Took Andys sugestion and ran with it. Thank you.

Andy made a good catch there, I didn't notice it until he spoke up. I saw what happened when he wiped his out last year. I'll shut up now get back to work Bob March 11th is coming up fast. :looser:

with 12" shocks outboarded so that they sit directly above the leaf spring and slightly angled back, I run the shock mounts like you had them the first time and I have no side-loading issues.

if your shocks are not outboarded then they would have to be run the way you have them now.

with 12" shocks outboarded so that they sit directly above the leaf spring and slightly angled back, I run the shock mounts like you had them the first time and I have no side-loading issues.

if your shocks are not outboarded then they would have to be run the way you have them now.

Thanks for the input man. I should be right over the leaf plate after all is said and done. Wont be able to angle my shocks since i switched the lower mounting. Im gonna end up building a traction bar to get rid of the leaf wrap tho.

This is my setup

full droop this side, full bump on the other. No issue with bind. I even run a Homebrew version of the Boostwerks comp shackles that you plan to run. so the axle articulates well.

Either way I think you are going to be fine with what you have.

Just purchased a Liberty disc setup for the rear ans steal to build a rear bumper.
Now i just need some warmer weather to get the major things rolling.

This is my setup

full droop this side, full bump on the other. No issue with bind. I even run a Homebrew version of the Boostwerks comp shackles that you plan to run. so the axle articulates well.

Either way I think you are going to be fine with what you have.

I like the slight rearward angle to the shock mounting. Looks like it would follow the spring arc nicely. That's what's called "well thought out".

I started cleaning up another new housing. I already started to truss one but the balljoint holes were stretched beyond belief. After i get the few truss pieces i reordered i can start buring that in. In the meantime i chopped the coil buckets and started to box them in.

Installed new leaf bushings and no lift relocation brackets. Still need to install my boostwerks shackles but i forgot to paint them. Ill end up putting them on sometime this week.

Back