• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

*NEW* 4-Link Long Arm Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to comment on the whole subject earlier but didnt want this turned into another one of those whole "antisquat and antidive" threads. So I just left it alone.

Hopefully most of the pieces are on hand and his turn around is fairly quick...
I'm liking this set up... I need to get the savings built up...

Curt

Hey, guys. been away from the computer a while. Sorry it took so long to respond. Thanks for all your interest. It is available. Not saying that some more adjustments wont be made down the road if needed. 96TNXJ and I have been talking. He will be the first customer to purchase this kit so be looking for a write up over the next couple of weeks. Production time is about 1 to 2 weeks out plus time to ship. Still pretty quick given Im a smaller business. If you have any more questions guys feel free to post up on this thread ( I will be watching) or shoot me a PM or a call.

when there is a write up be sure to link it in this thread. :)

but kind a technical question because im a bit confused by your site... you recomend at least one joint per arm to aid in flex. does this mean that without specifying that the arms would come with poly bushing at each end? so to add 4 joints (1 for each arm) the total would be $880 plus shipping? just want to clarify...

does everything come finished (please dont tell me in orange :() or in raw form?

and another technical question... for the best ride, im guessing you would recomend placing one joint frame side and one bushing on the axel side?

The kit comes standard with heims on both ends of the lower control arms and the frame end of the uppers. The axle end of the uppers utilize the stock joints. I guess you can read that recommendation both ways. It should read, We suggest ONLY (1) polly bushing per arm... The poly bushings dont allow much misalignment so you really need a heim joint on at least 1 end of each arm. (The poly bushings are more expensive than the heims, so the price goes up.)

So if you wanted to add the poly bushings on the lower arms for the nicer ride then you would be looking at 40 more dollars. No need on the uppers since they use the stock mounts.

Hey. Whats wrong with the orange! lol yea, i know not for everyone. standard is hammered silver but whatever color you like. Tell me what your thinkin and ill see what i can get.

ah! thanks for clarifying! makes a lot more sense that way.

and there is nothing wrong with orange, but i think the only orange i have on my rig may be the turn signals and the gauges i suppose. it would look no bueno on my heep. silver works...

I will have the write up asap and I'm looking forward to the install. If there are any questions you are looking to have answered about the kit please feel free to pm me and I'll do the best I can to answer all questions in the write up or in a pm. I plan on running the bushings on the axle ends of the arms due to my xj being my dd. I also went with the silver and so far I have had outstanding customer service!

So far I have just talked with him about the kit and he has answered any and all question that I have asked.

If you are dd your jeep I would go with the bushing like I did

Sorry guys, I have been too busy building parts and working to be able to give a detailed update and pictures on this. Thanks to everyone who have been patient waiting for results, especially 96THXJ. We shipped out his 4-link a couple days ago and now have detailed pics of a completed product. I am currently uploading them to photobucket and they should be posted within the next 2 hours. Following be looking for a build thread on the install from 96TNXJ as well.

Feel free to ask any questions as the pictures show up.
Thanks
Kris Froehlich

DSCN2520.jpg

DSCN2521.jpg

DSCN2522.jpg

DSCN2523.jpg

DSCN2524.jpg

DSCN2525.jpg

DSCN2526.jpg

DSCN2527.jpg

DSCN2528.jpg

DSCN2529.jpg

DSCN2530.jpg

DSCN2531.jpg

DSCN2532.jpg

DSCN2533.jpg

DSCN2534.jpg

DSCN2535.jpg

DSCN2536.jpg

DSCN2537.jpg

DSCN2538.jpg

DSCN2539.jpg

DSCN2540.jpg

DSCN2541.jpg

DSCN2542.jpg

DSCN2543.jpg

DSCN2544.jpg

DSCN2545.jpg

That looks good, really good. However I think you could easily add some internal bracing to the crossmember.

If somebody dents that thing, not just ding it up. But to a point where internal bracing would have stopped it then I will replace the belly pan for them and provide bracing on it. Honestly the testing that I have done on it and the current rigs my 3-link is under has shown no need for that bracing. Adding those braces would increase cost and production time. If specific customers want the extra bracing by request then I can gladly add it on but I would have to charge about an extra 75 dollars because of weld and cut time and materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back