• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Never a good way to introduce yourself

Like everyone else on Earth, I choose what I'm willing to tolerate. We all make that decision every day. Hatred and fear with a frosting of pseudo-science and hyperbole is intolerable to me, whether it's religiously-motivated or not.
How do you tolerate your irrational hatred of religion?
I can't speak for any other religion except just straight biblical Christianity, but hatred towards gays isn't advocated. It's a sin, but no more so than a man looking on a woman lustfully (if she isn't his wife). I don't fear or hate gay people. I can't watch two men kiss (or even really two women) but I've no problem with the person himself.

How do you tolerate your irrational hatred of religion?

Ha, another straw man. You guys must get trained in invalid arguments in Sunday School. Actually, if you had bothered to read my comments earlier, I studied world religions at a conservative Christian university. There are many things I hate - religion is not one of them.

I hear anti gay rights advocates always saying, "we don't hate the sinner, we hate the sin." Well, guess what, I don't hate religion, I hate the bad behavior people justify with religion.

Who cares??? Was it on this site??????? No, so stop your bit*#ing..I would say go out an offroad but most of you dont do that...MY GOD, get a life folks..Oh well he is gay, good for him...:peace:

odd way to start a conversation, but honestly if you're both of legal age, consenting, and gifted enough mentally to understand what you're consenting to.....then i don't care who you want to do. worry about yourself.

Ha, another straw man. You guys must get trained in invalid arguments in Sunday School. Actually, if you had bothered to read my comments earlier, I studied world religions at a conservative Christian university. There are many things I hate - religion is not one of them.

I hear anti gay rights advocates always saying, "we don't hate the sinner, we hate the sin." Well, guess what, I don't hate religion, I hate the bad behavior people justify with religion.
What bad behavior have I justified with my religion? I hate when people treat others poorly due to religion, science, etc as well.

Having gone to a Christian university doesn't prove your love of religion, or even your indifference to it. But then maybe I should've put one of these ;) on that first statement you quoted. It was sarcasm.

What bad behavior have I justified with my religion? I hate when people treat others poorly due to religion, science, etc as well.

You haven't. Many others have. That's what I hate. Not religion, but the atrocities committed in the name of religion. The ultimately futile attempts at discrimination against gays, like the ultimately futile attempts at discrimination against people of color and women, is based in people's ill-formed personal belief systems that promote fear. That, right there, is what I hate: actions based upon fear.

Having gone to a Christian university doesn't prove your love of religion, or even your indifference to it.

No, but it sure does give a strong indicator that I don't hate it.

Did the guy ever say he was gay? I thought he just asked if there were any gays on that list. but I haven't gone back to read any new posts....this list has been way fun the it was.

Wow. I'm a CC member and I read the thread over there, then saw this thread.

AT NO TIME did he ever say he was looking to "hook up" with anybody. He was just curious if there were any other gay members. If so, they could send him a PM.

That would be like me asking if there are any other Asian MJ owners and saying to PM me if you're Asian.

Doesn't mean a thing. He was just asking if there were any other people like him. And that's it.

Wow. I'm a CC member and I read the thread over there, then saw this thread.

AT NO TIME did he ever say he was looking to "hook up" with anybody. He was just curious if there were any other gay members. If so, they could send him a PM.

That would be like me asking if there are any other Asian MJ owners and saying to PM me if you're Asian.

Doesn't mean a thing. He was just asking if there were any other people like him. And that's it.
Yes, but speculation is more fun.

i will definitly be gay for a built ls1, 60's, an atlas, and no one gets to know. I will definitly become ungay once these things are given to me.

i will definitly be gay for a built ls1, 60's, an atlas, and no one gets to know. I will definitly become ungay once these things are given to me.

lol

Well, my turn for the soapbox...
:soapbox:

gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay
rights hasta

I'm sick of them drawling on and on about wanting to get married and adopting kids and stuff. My gf works at a day care and one boy 'has two moms' (no, they are not hot) and to say the least, it's sad.

If they want to be gay, so be it. Don't cram your gay gay gay gay gay beliefs into my ears and I'm sick of the media and hollywood doing it as well. Let kids be raised with single parents, or preferably one man one woman. A good upbringing for the kid is better than satisfying someone's want for a child and leaving the child sexually confused and wondering why the hell he has no dad when all the other kids at daycare have dads.

I'm a homophob since I met a gay guy and it was later mentioned to me he had a 'bulge' and that, um, was violating.:scared: So, yea. Leave me alone, don't stare at my ass, and whatever you do don't look at me like most of us would look at (insert name of hot babe here). If I made anyone cry, so be it. I don't think I said anything hateful, as it's just some opinions and experiences.

I'm sick of them drawling on and on about wanting to get married and adopting kids and stuff. My gf works at a day care and one boy 'has two moms' (no, they are not hot) and to say the least, it's sad.
Would you rather have that kid in state care instead? Think about it before you answer... because state care is no picnic, and single men/women wanting to adopt are far and few between. That child will grow-up completely unloved (which is a total mind-f*** IMO)

If they want to be gay, so be it. Don't cram your gay gay gay gay gay beliefs into my ears and I'm sick of the media and hollywood doing it as well. Let kids be raised with single parents, or preferably one man one woman. A good upbringing for the kid is better than satisfying someone's want for a child and leaving the child sexually confused and wondering why the hell he has no dad when all the other kids at daycare have dads.
I'll agree that gay adoption is far from an ideal situation -- I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around a gay couple adopting a child. BUT, you need to understand that we're hardwired with sexual preference. In other words, no amount of "gay" upbringing will turn a child gay if they were predisposed to be straight. Secondly, you need to give gay parents some credit. They know they're not in the majority (which means they know they're, most likely, raising a straight child); besides most parents (gay or straight) seldom discuss sexuality with their child until they reach a certain level of maturity.

I'm a homophob since I met a gay guy and it was later mentioned to me he had a 'bulge' and that, um, was violating.:scared: So, yea. Leave me alone, don't stare at my ass, and whatever you do don't look at me like most of us would look at (insert name of hot babe here). If I made anyone cry, so be it. I don't think I said anything hateful, as it's just some opinions and experiences.
I get what you're saying, but I think that's the exception and not the rule. I met a few gay people I didn't know were gay at all (because they kept to themselves). The guy you described sounded like a total freak... than again the straight community's full of it's fair share of creepy freaks as well.

Back