• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help on home made control arms

ZPD said:
It may be faster to type in slang but it takes a lot longer to read because we have to translate it into something we can understand. In all seriousness it is a pet peeve of many here (myself included) and you would be better off taking the time to spell the entire words to the best of your spelling capabilities. To add some tech, JJ are good but RE's superflex joints are better because they are easier to rebuild. I have recently purchased some summit joints from Ballistic Fabrication and they are very similar to RE's and a bit cheaper. Most people use a JJ style joint on one end of a long arm and a stock rubber bushing on the other end. If you are using DOM then I suggest 2" .25" wall
RE?
JJ?
DOM?
dude, cut out the slang. some of us have a hard time understanding your crazy abbreviations. you should spell out the words so all of us understand.

j/k

Go into the fabrication forum, and search for long arms - there's atleast 2 good write ups, if not more. We all know you are an XJ newbie, but if you are a fabrication newbie - DONT attempt to build your own arms!

JJ on one side and RE superflex joint on the other. You also will need to fab up a strong crossmember to attach your long arms too, I'd suggest looking at TNTs long arm kit for ideas.

Anyways I run 5" of lift and just bought some 35s and they fit perfect with trimming. I also run short arms and the ride is fine.

streetpirate said:
RE?
JJ?
DOM?
dude, cut out the slang. some of us have a hard time understanding your crazy abbreviations. you should spell out the words so all of us understand.

j/k
ha ha ha. I will humor you:
Rubicon express
Johnny Joint
Drawn over mandrel

jerics4life said:
Am I writing in Spanglish?

For me, It's faster to write in slang.

I'm sorry it makes it harder to read.

why did my shit get edited?!!!1

and im not here to talk about dicks

im hear to learn about lifting my rig

johnny joints on both ends wouldn't be the greatest idea I don't think... most people use a fixed joint at the body end and a moveable joint at the axle end... when making your own long arms, you really need to know about the geometry of jeeps. Now how are you going to attach them to the body... are you going to use a custom made belly pan like the TNT setup or weld on brackets such as Rockkrawler... 8 inches isn't too high for 35s if you aren't planning on trimming that much and still want uptravel... if you don't mind trimming, cut some sheetmetal and run less lift... keep you as low as possible for rollover risks sake... you WILL need an SYE whether you go with 5 inches or 8... since you are new, have you thought about the stress that is going to be put on most components on your jeep when running 35 inch swampers? you are most likely going to destroy your axles, your steering is going to be way under performance, and your brakes are going to be cussing you... just a few things to think about, but go for it man... just take it slow and my advice would be to start small and learn about your vehicle before you go big... driver skill and knowledge makes a big difference

jerics4life said:
why did my shit get edited?
You didn't notice that your shit is com·pre·hen·si·ble now?

jerics4life said:
It's best just to ignore him and don't make eye contact.......

jerics4life said:
Stick around and things will smooth out.
Try searching some and get some research in before asking questions.
The answers are in there.:thumbup:

jerics4life said:
why did my shit get edited?!!!1

two things
  1. where the he11 is joliet
  2. welcome to naxja, these guys tought me about my jeep and i tought them.....
hold on im thinking.........

well you get the idea:sunshine:

steagall9301 said:
two things
  1. where the he11 is joliet
  2. welcome to naxja, these guys tought me about my jeep and i tought them.....
hold on im thinking.........

well you get the idea:sunshine:

joliet is about a hour from chicago

Back