• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help asap

watch the language red,

I have been running a yukon R&P for 2 years now without a problem. the quality differences in the shafts are evident by just looking at them, but I bent the ears of one of my warn inners, and when I pulled it the splines were already twisted on it after one trip. since warn doesn't warranty their product against this type of damage(bent ears), and this is the most common type of damage, I'll stick to my cheap chromos thank you.

LilRedRover said:
yukon is shit, but whatever... I've seen every rig running yukon gears or shafts break. Go with superior or warn. Do it right the first time.
Really?
Yukon shafts got me through a BOTW trip (on a D30, no less) where I was underbuilt, IOW, overusing the skinny pedal, without a complaint.
Impressed me.

raelayotte said:
is ox ujoints werth the money

How is your Jeep built? For anything short of 35's I would tend to say no, just use Spicer 760's.

goodburbon said:
watch the language red,.

sorry...forgot I wasn't on pirate

AS FOR YUKON... and my driving... I haven't busted any axle internal part ever but I am on the throttle very little ever. Bro in law ran yukon in his 79 FJ40 and snapped a ring gear and inner... now I have heard yukon doesn't manufacture their own stuff, they just put their label on whatever they get a good deal on in bulk, so you could get lucky, or not. So I hear..... goes as far as that I guess. I myself run precision and love them and I will never change with moser custom shafts, but switching to alloy USA next time around. One thing everyone has to remember is everybody has good and bad experiences with different brands so opinions are like buttholes... everyone has one and they all stink. just my .02

LilRedRover said:

AS FOR YUKON... and my driving... I haven't busted any axle internal part ever but I am on the throttle very little ever. Bro in law ran yukon in his 79 FJ40 and snapped a ring gear and inner... now I have heard yukon doesn't manufacture their own stuff, they just put their label on whatever they get a good deal on in bulk, so you could get lucky, or not. So I hear..... goes as far as that I guess. I myself run precision and love them and I will never change with moser custom shafts, but switching to alloy USA next time around. One thing everyone has to remember is everybody has good and bad experiences with different brands so opinions are like buttholes... everyone has one and they all stink. just my .02
Alloy USA shaft:

10.jpg

Like you said, "everyone has good and bad experiences..."
Very few brands are "shit" and none are unbreakable.

kid4lyf said:
Alloy USA shaft:

10.jpg

Like you said, "everyone has good and bad experiences..."
Very few brands are "shit" and none are unbreakable.

you had to show me that... now I'm lost in my pursuit again... :dunno:

LilRedRover said:

They do manufacture their own axles, and to their specs, its just made overseas.

Back