• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA takes over PMP

$10 per driver over night so I can have my wife and son camp with me all for $10?

Thats what he said, I'm going to have another face-to-face conversation with him at w.e.rock and will verify for you Mike.

Still waiting on that E-Mail Mark said he was going to send...I'll call him on Monday and see if he has heard anything from his insurance.

Finally got ahold of Mark, he said he has been really busy trying to open the MX track. He should send me the info in the next week or two he said. So we are on hold for a bit.

And here is the update FINALLY:

I talked to Mark and he apologizes a ton for taking so long but he underestimated what it would take to get the MotoX venue up and running. We are still good to go on this event, and the rules that MC Motorsports Park(which is it's new name) has are not that strenuous.

Here are the rules and are broken down to conduct/actions(1.-) and safety(2.-):
1.1 No rock stacking near a moving vehicle, no spotter is allowed to touch the rock while the vehicle is in contact with it.

1.2 Spotter manipulation of the vehicle is a no-no. No spotter will touch or try to move a vehicle by hand unless the vehicle is in park or gear with the e-brake set and the engine off. This is pertaining to righting a vehicle if it rolls and no hanging off of vehicles to keep tires on the ground.

1.3 Spotter straps must be long enough that they do not require the spotter to be within 15 ft. of the vehicle while it is moving in any direction but forward. 20ft distance is required for any person in front of the vehicle with a strap. The strap will be of at least 3/8" Kernatle Rope and marked at the 15ft mark with tape or a knot.

1.4 Tools to aid in getting over obstacles are forbidden. There will be no use of tools to leverage a vehicle over an obstacle or to make a bridge to bypass one. All tool box's must be secured within the vehicle and contain some sort of positive lock.

1.5 Winching is considered when the participant hooks cable to an anchor and begins to load the cable. While winching; a winch-line weight bag must be used prior to tensioning a cable, MCMP recommends participants use synthetic winch rope.

1.6 Fluid control is a must. Any loss over a few drops is not allowed, the participants are required to clean up the mess and dispose of it. This includes water inside of tires.

1.7 No loose articles are permitted on a vehicle. Everything must be secured to the vehicle in the event of a roll over.

1.8 Once a tire is torn or flat, the vehicle must stop and it must be changed.

1.9 Fuel system:
1.9.1 NON-VENTED GAS CAPS ARE MANDATORY
1.9.2 Fuel systems must seal in the event of a roll over. (rollover valve on the vent line)
1.9.3 Fuel lines must be run in a safe route and must be free of leaks or cracks.
1.9.4 Throttle assemblies must be in good order and work smoothly. Hand throttles are allowed but must return to the not-throttle position automatically.
1.9.5 Vent tubes must be attached to a fluid containment container.

Safety:
2.1 Fire suits/gloves: It is recommended that all drivers wear a fire suit that has minimum safety requirements. Suits may be one or two piece. Gloves MUST be worn at all times while driving.

2.2 Seat belts: MCMP recommends all passengers use a 5-point harness system. All participants must wear a seat-belt while the vehicle is in motion.

2.3 Window nets: MCMP recommends all participants have window nets properly installed and used in their vehicles. Window nets are not required on factory vehicles equipped with windows. Window nets are required for all modified vehicles.

2.4 Helmets: All participants must wear a D.O.T/Snell approved helmets. (Mark said it is up to us on what kind of helmet, I told him we wont wear DOT/Snell helmets but bicycle/skateboarding helmets will work.)

2.5 Fire extinguisher: One completely full fire extinguisher will be mounted within drivers reach. Halon systems are recommended.

2.6 Handles: All vehicles equipped with roll cages are recommended to have handles mounted on the roll cage. Holding onto the outside of a roll cage is not allowed

2.7 1st aid: Each vehicle must be equipped with a first aid kit.

2.8 Injury reporting: If any participant is injured at the event, they are required to complete an injury report at the MCMP Pro Shop/Office prior to leaving the premises. If the injured person is unable to complete the paperwork at the time of injury they must provide the information at a later date when requested.

2.9 Medical conditions: If a participant has a prior existing medical condition that may impact their performance on the course they are required to disclose it to MCMP prior to participation. (i.e. Siezures, diabetes, etc.)

2.10 Drugs/Alcohol: Drugs and alcohol are not permitted while participating at MCMP/PMP. If someone is found to be under the influence of drugs/alcohol they must leave the facility.

And here is what Mark and I talked about today:

There is another section on their property that has a few boulders/rocks that he wants us to give him feedback on. It is a section about 10-12' wide and about 100-150' long. He wants to improve the area so that we would like to use it, he has materials on site that he is willing to use to make it better.

I was thinking that we could use it as a practice area for new drivers or maybe hold "Wheeling 101" classes on it so that people can learn to wheel a little more efficiently. Here is a picture:
IMG_20110527_162342.jpg

He said that once we decide what we want him and his staff will move all of the boulders and pipe to where we want it. And if there is enough interest and people plan to use it more than once he might get a pool company to shotcrete more area around it to make it like the W.E.Rock area. Here are a couple pictures of the materials we have access to:
IMG_20110527_163558.jpg

IMG_20110527_163651.jpg

We have access to all that pipe and more if needed. The rocks and boulders are ours to use as well. For those of you that made it to werock we can also use any of the rock on the course itself.

Those are just recommendations so that they can cover the legal basis'. I told Mark that if they made it too strict we were going to be interested. They initially wanted to have a tech inspection looking for emergency engine shut-offs, DOT and Snell approved helmets with neck braces, engine critical hardware to be safety wired...It was ridiculous, so this list is easily attainable compared to the previous 30ish pages of rules.

If there are too many rules for people to stay interested that is fine, I will scrap this. I would really like to know if people will still attend or if they have lost interest.

Did anybody actually read the rules?

If you did you would have seen the word recommend/ed/s

I'm still totally interested.

Last edited:
I am still interested but if we really have that many rules then how many of us can even go. This may be why so many clubs have tried to make something happen and never did.

I hear you Mike, but I don't see anything in the rules that would disqualify a stock XJ from being able to run the course as long as they meet the already stated NAXJA event rules. Am I missing something?

*Edit*
I see gloves and a skateboard/snowboarding helmet...I have both that I can lend to whoever can not supply their own...I don't think it is that difficult.

Back