• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC 'Spotted' Thread

98XJSport said:
That the day we spent most of the day at the mud pit, and the Rubi almost rolled onto it's side? Thats the only time Ive been, but your rig looks really familiar, so probably.

Ill have to see how busy I am after the holiday, you never know. He cleaned any of the stumps up out there yet?

Yeah it was that day. I remember your rig from that day. We cut some of the stumps down but there are still a lot around. The trails are always changing over there with new ones being added all the time. Its a real fun place to wheel and its getting better all the time. We dont even attempt that pit anymore because you need around 40" tires to touch the bottom or you have to be able to float it. They are in the process of making a big rock crawling hill that should be really nice when its finished. Many fun hillclimbs that are challenging and remind me i need to put lockers in asap.

bigjeep6303 said:
This one??

DSC00117.jpg

Yeah thats it.

gradysjeep said:
Yeah it was that day. I remember your rig from that day. We cut some of the stumps down but there are still a lot around. The trails are always changing over there with new ones being added all the time. Its a real fun place to wheel and its getting better all the time. We dont even attempt that pit anymore because you need around 40" tires to touch the bottom or you have to be able to float it. They are in the process of making a big rock crawling hill that should be really nice when its finished. Many fun hillclimbs that are challenging and remind me i need to put lockers in asap.

He should fill it in with rocks, keep the bottom from dissappearing and make it passable again.

If your up for some light weekend wheeling Im pretty much always around up here, I know some trails about a half hour west . Give me a shout if the girlfriend lets you get away or wants to wheel the area with you.

I saw a white 97+ XJ parked on Parker st. in Mission Hill this afternoon today, with around a 4" skyjacker lift and around 32s. Anyone?

looks like the power lines in Leverett?

I saw a grn/black 99+ cherokee lifted with a surfco rack at my work (Woodway Country Club) making a delivery, tried to wait around to talk but the sleet just sucks

doug

H8PVMT said:
looks like the power lines in Leverett?

I saw a grn/black 99+ cherokee lifted with a surfco rack at my work (Woodway Country Club) making a delivery, tried to wait around to talk but the sleet just sucks

doug

The picture is Mt. Toby. Are you from that area?

spent 4 years out at Umass, used to go hiking at toby and sugarloaf all the time but of course my memory is a little fuzzy :cheers:

when I get my tranny lined up correctly I'll come up there with ya gotta get some wheeling in before the baby pops out :viking:

Ya your sh*t looked tall, and mean. No long arms, had a little issues while replacing my front axle back in august, and I needed to replace my control arms, and didn't have the money for LAs, and needed to get it back on the road, so got some drop brackets instead, and I'm very happy with them.

Thats a bummer. Oh well always time to upgrade if you'd still want to. Done any wheeling lately? Im making a trip to RC this winter sometime hopefully.

Ya, I actually really like the ride of the Drop brackets, so I won't be switching them out any time soon. I'm doing gears, lockers and axles next, have a D44 all set ready to go in, waiting for money to do the front. Haven't been wheeling since mid October, been a little busy.

Begster said:
Ya, I actually really like the ride of the Drop brackets, so I won't be switching them out any time soon. I'm doing gears, lockers and axles next, have a D44 all set ready to go in, waiting for money to do the front. Haven't been wheeling since mid October, been a little busy.
Nice. I got 4.56 now and will be throwing in an Aussie in my 44 after xmas.

I saw a white 97+ rig(mild lift and maybe 31"BFG A/T's) leaving I90 and going north onto 495 a week or so ago.

Back