• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC-Fest prep thread

decided today that if the new jeep aint ready ill drive the truck down, gas milage wont be as good but i can live with that

If you have front and rear tow points you are welcome to wheel your jeep. If not, then I am sure we can find an empty seat for you.

I work out of town the last 3 days of this week so tomarrow is pretty much my only day to make these front hooks happen I know there's an xj sittin in a local JY with them I just need to go and get them hopefully there open when I get off work . I would only need one in the front correct?

jeep40driver said:
I work out of town the last 3 days of this week so tomarrow is pretty much my only day to make these front hooks happen I know there's an xj sittin in a local JY with them I just need to go and get them hopefully there open when I get off work . I would only need one in the front correct?

correct, one front and one rear (or a hitch). However two are obviously preferred in the front.

STROKER said:
Thats what i like to hear...hell i'll even give ya $20 for the ride home.

STROKER
ive just been thinkin alot about it tonite, was really considering not going at all, and spendin money on the jeep, but i got nothing else goin on this summer, havent wheeled since dec, after trip gonna be on search for better job and will be sinkin all penies i got into my jeep, i need to finish it before it rots away, and ot to mention dont got much left aslng as i dont go changin susention plans or somthing like that AGAIN

I got mine back together again tonight, and drove it around for a while. What a difference the frame plates & etc. make.

I noticed my ram has a little bit of play when changing directions, I'll address that later. It should get rid of the last little dead spot I have in the steering.

Meanwhile, the front header panel, hood, and fenders are an abortion of alignment. Nothing's square up there anymore, but I'm not really surprised either. It's on there for now but the gaps are horrible. I'm not going to spend any more time on it until I get new fenders though.

Left to do:

- front suckdown winch cable pulled out of the stay on the winch drum and spins freely. Gotta attach that better.
- clean everything.
- replenish spare u-joint supply
- find a first aid kit
- find a spare tire
- figure out spare tire mounting (can I leave it at the trailer?)
- front tow points (does a front winch count for this?)
- front winch fairlead mount
- maybe some sort of front bumper

Weird list of stuff, but I have all of Thursday night and Friday to take care of it. I'm planning on leaving here Friday afternoon and arriving at camp with daylight left.

vetteboy said:
I got mine back together again tonight, and drove it around for a while. What a difference the frame plates & etc. make.

I noticed my ram has a little bit of play when changing directions, I'll address that later. It should get rid of the last little dead spot I have in the steering.

Meanwhile, the front header panel, hood, and fenders are an abortion of alignment. Nothing's square up there anymore, but I'm not really surprised either. It's on there for now but the gaps are horrible. I'm not going to spend any more time on it until I get new fenders though.

Left to do:

- front suckdown winch cable pulled out of the stay on the winch drum and spins freely. Gotta attach that better.
- clean everything.
- replenish spare u-joint supply
- find a first aid kit
- find a spare tire
- figure out spare tire mounting (can I leave it at the trailer?)
- front tow points (does a front winch count for this?)
- front winch fairlead mount
- maybe some sort of front bumper

Weird list of stuff, but I have all of Thursday night and Friday to take care of it. I'm planning on leaving here Friday afternoon and arriving at camp with daylight left.

front winch counts as a front tow point

Cool, thanks!

I'd still like to get some shackle mounts up there but at least I can move it down on the priority list if the other stuff takes longer than expected.

I was sick this past weekend and didnt get my R&P in the new axlehousing, but did manage to get my shock mount welded up this am for the drive to RC.

I'm pretty much ready...

ok after having no luck getting all the bolts out of the donor hooks at the yard I stopped at the Tool Shed and the guys found me a hook from a Silverado and said just take it so I came home and wouldn't you know it bolts right up to the frame on the underside it's the flat hook kind and I'm pretty sure this should be accepted.

Finish up the steering, driveway alignment...change some fluids, back the tools and spares and fix the new exhaust (too close to the bump stop mount and rattles). Oh and do all of that with out the use of my right hand for the most part as I broke it this past weekend. See you Friday night.

Today I got the washdown-rated on-off-on momentary switch for the front suckdown winch in the mail. :)

No real progress. Thursday night's gonna be fun.

got te new jeep back together, still not sure on tikin it, may just try and rent a compact as it wuld prob be cheaper, either way ill be up late thurs nite like 9 or 10

Mighty.Mighty_XJ said:

:D

C205.JPG

Front suckdown winch is all in and ready to go. Super smooth installation, should be fun to try it out.

Then the wiring for my main winch took a crap, and I spent almost two hours troubleshooting it to a broken ground wire for the controller near the solenoid pack, inside the insulation. :cry: So the winch works again, but I didn't get to do most of the other stuff I was going to try and get done.

So tomorrow morning (friday)...gotta fab up a fairlead mount and get the rest of the wiring taken care of, clean out the inside, go acquire spare parts & groceries, wash the outside, load up, go. Time permitting I'd like to chop an inch off the rear coils as it's still a little ass high, but I've been wheeling it like that for a year now so it's not a huge deal, just one of those things I never seem to get around to.

I'll see y'all sometime Friday evening most likely, hopefully before it gets dark. :wave1:

Back