• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC-Fest prep thread

ROBZ95Xj said:
strated ettin my moms new jeep ready for the way down(theres no way im takin my truck) got some stock tires today for 2 reson,1-fuel milage, and 2nd cause the 31's rub like crazy on stock suspention(big surprise there) fter nc fest i should beable to start dumpin money into my rig aint much left, anyways 1 week and a half left i cant wait
the jeep failed inspection, for bad rear wheelbearing, exsaust leak and frt wipers, im hopin to get al that knocked out after work tomorow

Looks like I may be doing steering on Leahs MJ before the event too. If I get everything in time, I'll be swapping the Rustys crossover that is on there now out for Rock Krawler steering.

We'll see....

A.

My stupid front skid plate wont go back on around my steering brace and I had a fix for a bit and had it mounted to the frame rail, but it kept clunking on the sway bar, now i dont know how the hell to put it back on. With the skid in the stock position i cant get the bolts off for the steering brace. I am thinking the only thing i can do now is weld a bracket to it and put it somewhere else, any ideas...

how the brace mounts.
jeeplatest3.jpg

how the skid was mounted
jeeplatest4.jpg

Got the remainder of the frame plating & repair done yesterday, springs & shocks back in, front suckdown winch installed & operational. I have the new radiator and just gotta put the front clip back together, and we should be good to go. Plenty of other things I'd like to do before the trip but that's all that really needs to be done.

stupid front skid plate throw away

things aint lookin good for me, at a stand still with the rear whee bearing replacement, the axle shaft has some pitting on it and i rather not put it back together with a bad shaft so im on the search locally for a 29 spine 8.25 shaft for dirt cheap

finshed installing bumper and tire carrier, was feeling pretty good, went for a ride and the driver side brake is hung, smoke was pooring out, I just replaced the pad's and brake lines, I must of screwed something up, there guys fathers day.

gabe4 said:
finshed installing bumper and tire carrier, was feeling pretty good, went for a ride and the driver side brake is hung, smoke was pooring out, I just replaced the pad's and brake lines, I must of screwed something up, there guys fathers day.

priorities in order fix jeep on fathers day in order to get to nac fest i like....

STROKER

Well sh!t I'm done I won't have time to get this fixed. I'll try to hook up with everyone another time this year when I can feel safer about driving it that far.

keep diggin gabe, you can get it done in time, im still thrashin on the new rig, need to run out after work tomorow to get stuff to preplace the bearing on the other side, i fixed the side that was makin noise with new bearing and axle shaft but theres still some noise so i pulled the shaft on the other side and the some light pitting, so tomorow gotta get stuff to fix that side talk about fustrating

If you come gabe, I promise I will get you some bickford potato chips again!

I got my junk pretty much done today. The only issue I had was a difficulty bleeding the rear brakes. I going to try to take care of this on weds morning. If not can someone give me a hand bleeding the rear brakes on my rig on weds night in camp? It will be on the trailer.

I'm out. I can't seem to get my electrical problem sorted out and the money just isn't there after my side business had a bust at a recent even this weekend so I will miss you all. Take good pictures and video for me

Andy in Pa. said:
Looks like I may be doing steering on Leahs MJ before the event too. If I get everything in time, I'll be swapping the Rustys crossover that is on there now out for Rock Krawler steering.

We'll see....

A.

Didn't get the rest of my steering last Friday, so it looks like the Rustys is gonna have to survive another adventure.

Man, you guys are dropping like flies.... COME ON!! Bring the DD down, I'm sure you can find a shotgun seat!!!

A.

jeep40driver said:
CRAP !! I need a Tow point for the front . CRUNCH TIME !!!!

nate

I've got a new spare air filter in the back of the truck (just in case you try crossing the lake through the middle again :angel:

Rob

Andy in Pa. said:
Didn't get the rest of my steering last Friday, so it looks like the Rustys is gonna have to survive another adventure.

Man, you guys are dropping like flies.... COME ON!! Bring the DD down, I'm sure you can find a shotgun seat!!!

A.

If everybody keeps bailin' out at the last minute, that just means I will have a better chance of winning that rear bumper.:D Hope everyone can find a way to make it out to the event. C-YA there !!!

-Todd

Back