• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Ranger build

The last 2 day presented a couple of challenges but I got it worked out.
The radius arm mounts to the frame like I had hoped would not work. It caused the steel wedges to sit offset which would have prematurely worn out the wedge bushings (pics 1 & 2). So back to the thinking process! What I came up with was that the mounts needed to sit just inside the frame rails so now to come up with a way to make a solid mounting point since the rails are basically a "C" channel.

Walla! I used some flat plate to box in the frame and then used some architectural steel angle iron 3x6x 1/4". Which is fully gusseted. Here are the pics:​
paperclip.png
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The passenger was a piece of cake to do, but on the drivers side all the fuel lines run on the inside of the frame (1 steel line & 2hard black plastic lines) and of course there is the fuel filter there too not to mention a major wire harness.
So I had to re-bend the steel line out of the way and then wrap all the lines w/ fire proof material so I could weld in the boxing plate. Then today I can weld on the angle iron and mount. I HATE welding near fuel lines! The next time I have to change the fuel filter I will be relocating the fuel line & filter location.​
paperclip.png
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I'm using my 110 mig, I do have a 110/220 stick welder that I no longer use and want to sell it if you know anyone looking for a stick welder.

Make model price?

I got a pic of the progress a week or two ago. After he's done with the Ranger, he'll have to lift his garage. It brings a whole new meaning to the ol' barn raising party. :laugh3:

SEANSSTUFF014.jpg

The stick welder is an oldie but a darn good welder, it is a Ionatron Model 200 it can run on 110 or 220 volts, I would like to get $130 for it, obo. It has both the leads and they are around 20' in length each.

108.jpg

107.jpg

Holy hell, sell that thing to the Smithsonian. :D

Wow, no kidding! If someone hadn't said it was a welder, I'd have thought it was a space heater or sumpthin'. :D

For the Star Wars crowd..... looks an awful lot like that red R-2 unit the Jawa's were selling..... :laugh:

R2D2-and-R5D4.jpg

"R5-D4" to be correct...... apparently. :gag:

br5d4.jpg

I thought it was proof that R2-D2 was Jim Grooms' love child.

Welcome to the Colorado Chapter Sean! Staying on topic here, is like trying to herd rabbits with a flashlight. :D

Well I ordered my 1 ton cross over steering kit last Friday for the D44, I now need to look at getting a reamer for the knuckles. Or if anyone might have one I could use to do this that would be great.

Wow its been a while since I update this posting, truck is almost done, still need to do the front shocks & mounts but it is out of the garage finally.

0062-1.jpg

018.jpg

Back