• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my OBA setup - lots of pics

Looking good!

EricsXJ said:
My question now would be... when the bumper is finished will you be able to disconnect the air lines and remove the tank if for some reason you needed to?

Thats a good point. It looks like the piece of angle iron that is welded to the air tank is only bolted to the lateral bumper supports. Hopefully thats what he plans on doing. :dunno:

more progress. i'm very happy with the clearance, and the bumper covers the tank very well, and it comes out only 6" from the grille at the center. i will be tapering the outter "wings" from the d-ring tabs out from 6" to 4" and using 2x4 stock from the corners of the bumper back to the flares.

bumper6.jpg

bumper5.jpg

bumper4.jpg

bumper3.jpg

bumper2.jpg

bumper1.jpg

tankclearance.jpg

Very good; and those tow points will be strong the way you have them coming through the bumper like that.

A few updates, nothing too much though, I havn't had much time to work on it. I've got more pictures i need to put up, particularly of the gauges inside, which are handsomely mounted in the center console tray below the ash tray, and the new air regulator. I have blown a few hoses already, but I absolutely LOVE having air and especially the ability to run air tools.

Jeep-039.jpg

Jeep-040.jpg

Jeep-041.jpg

Back