• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first build! Jake's 93xj Blog

thanks. and it's the wire wheels that do the trick. they rip off mounds of rust and gunk in mere seconds. it strips it clean

jesus I have been busy. put in 13 hours on it today. but the rear is finally done. suspension, 8.8 and all :cheers:
this is the first time that it's off of jack stands in 2 months. I'll post pics tomorrow

here's the only pic I have at the moment
rear sits 2" taller than front. should sit level under full load
RE 3.5" springs, JKS boomerangs, LII shackle boxes

181.jpg

today I picked up 2 drivelines. xj stock fronts. they are all interchangeable front and rear which is awesome if I ever break one

here is all of our blood sweat and tears from the weekend

adj RE 4.5" short arm lift. zj tie rod. stainless brake lines all around. ruffstuff cover. still needs some adjusting and a DS track bar bracket
185.jpg

8.8 ruffstuff install kit and cover. no paint yet
184.jpg

and we did a quick cheap exhaust. not a glasspack but still hope it doenst sound like shit!
183.jpg

187.jpg

186.jpg

not to pull a captain hindsight , but you'll regret not welding up some sort of trusses front and rear while you had the axles off and before you painted them! captain hindsight to the rescue! now if we would have had those emergency ladders we could have escaped the fire much easier.

ha. yeah thanks cap'n but I didn't see the point. the 88 is out of my buds pre runner. he's jumped it multiple times and it's totally fine. so if he can't even bend it by jumping it I think I'll be fine crawling it
as for the 30, I want a WJ knuckle swap and I dont want to have to cut of my truss later because it's in the way
but really I'm just in a rush to slap this thing together so I can drive to school

the final progress of 2 weeks of hard work. still needs a few more things before I can DD it but here it is

test drive was amazing. no sway bars and it feels just like driving a stock cherokee. barely any body roll
steering handles amazing. so smooth it feels stock but I did lose a tiny bit of turning radius.
rear locker. I cant even feel the detroit. it's really quiet too
4x4 engages and everything works!

RE bracket welded
196.jpg

195.jpg

shocks installed
194.jpg

before

87.jpg

after

191.jpg

190.jpg

193.jpg

192.jpg

looking good. OTK insert is quite nice. keeping the lift fairly low, going OTK, good box, good coils, and you wont need a sway bar, saves you all that cash from having to buy a JKS .
I run long arms with 35s(now 37s) fully loaded with gear(tons of gear ) to the trials, no sway bars, and the rig does great in the windy mountain roads , on the freeway, on turns, etc. good shocks , steering, coils, etc, help a ton.

yeah I didn't even try to run the sway bars. both are gone. I have zero body roll because my shocks are so stiff. I love being ready to flex anywhere I go. and less clutter under the front end
I'm sitting too high. I already want a lower lift and bigger tires. but this will have to do for now

Looks good to me and you will be happy when you hit the trails. I am jealous that you can devote all that time to building it right.. 2 years and mine is still a pile but it hasn't left me stranded.. knock on wood!!

well that was fun for the 150 miles I got to drive it. I think I'm gonna get into rice rockets now it was nice chatting with you all

What happened? Last time I saw you it was climbing rocks like a goat. :bawl:

Yeah, what happened?

Dont you dare say that rice word again!

he said no spark.

i say check for melted CPS wires, replace CPS, check all ignition system, and go from there...

Back