• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first build! Jake's 93xj Blog

and this is how you polish a turd

155.jpg

threw some mini skids on there. they were free and took 20min. I'd be stupid not to add these right?

156.jpg
157.jpg

you still have time! Im hoping to see you out there so I can see this thing in person and put a face to your screen name lol

you could also just put your face on your screen and touch it to his screen name. then you just a face to a screen name.

You are doing a great job building this rig and I love your original idea of the cowl hood.

I decided to go with a can of gray POR15. this stuff is awesome

164.jpg

then I went to visit Dan at ruffstuff in Loomis and he hooked it up. this stuff is beef they make an awesome products and he was talking about ruffstuff carrying HID's soon so I know where I'm getting mine

161.jpg

here's a quick mock-up shot. still lots of painting to be done

167.jpg

where did the mini skids go, did they fall off? :spin1:

i guess you found out that they cant be flat or they will rub the bushings.

if you add a second mini skid on top of the section you cut out it should clear. :cheers:

yes this build is finally getting finished. I need a DD for school asap

starting with the reman durango box and JCR spacer

172.jpg

and a little power steering cooler for good measure

171.jpg

and a teaser for a future project. 2x6 rockers starting with these ruffstuff frame stiffeners

170.jpg

front suspension and SYE tomorrow. hopefully...

Last edited:
so there's the d-turdy all polished and ready for install. just need some new hardware

specs:
new upper ball joints
new lower ball joints
new UCA mount bushings
4.56 gears
aussie locker
ruffstuff cover

near future upgrade will be ABS shafts and 760's
long term I'm thinking WJ knuckle swap

173.jpg

transer case is dropped and ready for SYE install. should get most of it done tomorrow

Very nice man. This will be a great rig when you get it put back together and running

Looking great man, it's coming along quick!
Just curious... But how old are ya?

Back