• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first build! Jake's 93xj Blog

Cool build so far. great deal on the 8.8 but should have looked for one with disk brakes as its night and day. But youll love the strength of the 8.8. as for white letters out i say no but thats my .2

thank you. and as for disks, I decided this one will be worth it so I can save money on already having the gears and chromos.
and as for white letters in, that sounds like a hardcore jeeper thing. which I am not. yet :p

quick update. my engine is in pieces. doing my cooling system overhaul and some deeeep cleaning.
this heater core is turning into a nightmare..
should take me all week to finish this

on the bright side, just put in a $500 order to summit :shhh:
now I just need some shocks and boom. jeep complete

120.jpg

alright so. jeez man this sucks haha. me and my dad have been ripping this jeep apart.
finally got the heater core out. this jeep is in pieces and it's stressing me out.

oh and the guy at oreilly gave me the wrong parts. wrong water pump, wrong heater core, wrong hoses. project delayedlastara

122.jpg
124.jpg

yeah I'm no mechanic but I'D SAY THATS PLUGGED

123.jpg

Last edited:
on a brighter note my wheels came. set of four 15x8 cragars, valve stems, lugs, and center caps. 4" back space. $277 shipped. I liked these enough to buy brand new
shackles, track bar rebuild, and a couple other things also in the mail.

only thing I need now is some shocks and I'm ready to install everything!! :yelclap:
ignore the poser background hahaha

121.jpg

on a brighter note my wheels came. set of four 15x8 cragars, valve stems, lugs, and center caps. 4" back space. $277 shipped. I liked these enough to buy brand new
shackles, track bar rebuild, and a couple other things also in the mail.

only thing I need now is some shocks and I'm ready to install everything!! :yelclap:
ignore the poser background hahaha

121.jpg

where did you order the rims?

so I changed my plans a bit. I returned my...
-8.25 ubolts
-RE 5" shackles
-1" tcase drop

and I decided to go big or go home :gee:

-3.73 and up carrier
-D30 complete install kit
-JKS 5" boomerang shackles
-liquid iron industries shackle relocation brackets (not photographed)
-D30 aussie locker
-lubelocker gaskets for D30 and 8.8

putting in the order for SYE, winch bumper, and ruffstuff ubolts/plates tomorrow

149.jpg

the next time this axle goes in, it's gonna be geared and locked.
I'm also getting that detroit installed in my 8.8 tomorrow

148.jpg

Looking good! What would it cost for you to chop up my hood like that? I don't think I'll have time to build my own.

What bumper are you looking at? My front bumper *could* be for sale in the future if it's similar to what you're looking for.

I've thought about it but there's just too much work in the hoods for me to produce them.
so probably more $$$ than it's worth haha. cut, weld, bondo, paint, plus all materials and labor. it was a one time thing

I'm looking at a dirt bound DIY kit for $250 shipped before the sale ends tomorrow night.
gonna be my first welding project

Back